Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 7

Go down 
+11
Kathleen Marie
bethandmanly
Teresa
EllieJane
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Misti
JW
Rob
Amy
Carol
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:29 pm

3 songs tonight!!! Aaaaaarghhhh!!! grinsmiley

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 David_archuleta_004

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:38 pm

AI is On in 25 Min

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 8:42 pm

JW wrote:
I almost forgot about American Idol lol With all the Holidays and the Family Gathring i guess once you're busy you don't think about American Idol all the Time

Um, Jacob? Are you feeling all right? 🤢 grinsmiley

LOVED David A.'s first song! His voice was so pure. I got teary during that one. The second was just ok and I agreed that it wasn't him. But I thought it was cool that he did try to do sth different. And the third song? Well, HE was great but WHAT were the producers thinking?!?! Dan Fogelberg?!?! Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I completely agreed with Simon on that. For a 17 year old kid?! Good grief. No

Syesha...she sure has come a long way since the beginning. I thought all three songs were pretty good, but to me she's still a dime a dozen. Good, but not special in the way each of the Davids are. JMO.

David Cook---I agree it was his night. He was pitchier than usual (LOL, hate to sound like Randy but he was!!), but geesh, who cares?!? LOL! The guy just has it. I got teary during "The first time ever I saw your face". But sorry Teresa, I'm still going with David A. batEyes I will honestly be happy to see either of these guys win, but I still think David C. would do better for himself without the title. It's a tough call. I will admit that he probably should be the American Idol though. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:06 pm

"Yo, check it out"..........gotta love Randy.
David A. ~ 1st song - BEAUTIFUL
2nd song - okay
3rd song - He sang it well, but SERIOUSLY! The producers got it all wrong with that one. My husband said that they probably chose that song for David because they hate his dad. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! They knew that David would sing it well, but wanted to stick it to his dad. His dad was probably furious that they chose that song for him.

Syesha ~ 1st song - Very nice
2nd song - Not a good choice
3rd song - okay

David C. ~ 1st song - GREAT!!
2nd song - I liked it alot, but not as good as the first.
3rd song - Liked it better than the second.

Okay, I'm annoyed that nobody has sung a Bon Jovi song this season. David Cook would sound awesome!! Hopefully, if he's in the finals, he'll sing "Hello" next week, and David A. will sing "Imagine." The finalists each pick 3 songs, and usually one of them is one that they've sung before. David may choose "Billie Jean," but I'd love to hear "Hello."

Seacrest...........out

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:38 am

I agree with everything you said Teresa....LOL, surprise surprise!! :haha: Yeah, what's up with no Bon Jovi this season?! David C. would be perfect with that.

Oh, I think you're right about the 3rd song more for David's dad than anything! OhMy Can't blame them for being upset. Still, that's not fair to David. I don't remember there being a 'producers' choice' other seasons...has it always been like this? I have an idea: why don't they have an online vote from fans? They could give a list of maybe 3 acceptable songs that Simon, Paula & Randy have picked per contestant, and then the viewers vote for the song! That sounds a lot more fair (and fun) than the producers picking. :scratch:

One thing about Syesha's choice...haven't the judges all decided that she'd be best on broadway? Paula said, "this didn't show who you are as a performer." Welll, I kinda think it did, if she's planning on broadway. Simon mentioned she should be trying to show herself as a recording artist, but maybe that's not what she wants? Anyway, "Fever" had her doing the whole 'choreography/acting' thing the the judges have all liked in the past, so I guess I'm confused. :scratch:

Oh, and LOL Carol! That picture you posted is hilarious!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:50 am

Amy, the producers have chosen songs for the contestants in the past as well. I'm sure that the producers like the song they chose for David A., and thought that he would do a nice job, which he did, but it was a little old-fashioned for him. They could have had him sing the ABC song and he would have done great. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 8:08 am

Amy, one thing about Syesha. Since it was the semi-finals, I'm sure that the judges wanted to hear a song from her that showcased her voice more, and not "Broadway it up." It was okay for her to sing like that in previous weeks, but for the semis, she should have picked a song that would be more for a recording artist. It was probably her last chance, and since she IS competing for the title, she should have picked a better song. The judges like her when she sings Broadway, but if she's "in it to win it," then she needed to sing a bigger song. Especially since she's probably in third place right now. Even if she wanted to sing something a little more "Broadway," the song she chose didn't showcase her voice enough.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:36 am

Yeah, I see what you're saying Teresa. She should be more 'in it to win it', and you don't do that 'broadway style'. Plus, "Fever" is old fashioned and she could have done sth more current. And wow...I totally forgot the producers have always picked songs in the past! :unsure: Whoops!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Yes Amy I'm Feeling Fine You Don't have the Holidays but i do they are call Pentecost i think that's the way you write it We Have them cause we are German Mennonites they are Religious Holidays Pentecost was May 11 12 & 13 it kind of changes around kind like Eastern Wave

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Oh I understand Jacob...I didn't mean any disrespect. :shy: It's just that we've had Mother's Day this week and I'm planning graduation for my son and still American Idol is in the forefront of my mind! :haha: Just had to harrass you a bit, being our resident Idol officiando (sp?) of the board! Wink

And I'm sooooooo happy!! I was actually a little worried for David A. tonight, given his 'dad issues' this past week (I was worried people would hold it against him somehow), but that's not the case! Even though the "double David finale" was predicted, I am super excited for it! Thumbsup I always love when they show the 'hometown' visits...I enjoyed watching each one of them---couldn't help but get teary when they did! And I didn't know David Cook's try-out was a 'fluke'! OhMy That really is amazing!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:42 pm

LOL!! I know, Amy, David Cook wasn't even going to try out, and now he may win it all. I loved watching the hometown visits too, although we only watched the 2 David's. I like how emotional they got, especially when David Cook walked out onto the stage and nearly fell over because he was so shocked at how many people were there. David A.'s mom is beautiful!! He looks just like her. Well, I think that this will be the best American Idol finale ever!!
Ohhhhhhh, and did you hear David Cook singing "Living On a Prayer?" They only showed a little bit, but it was during his hometown visit. I would have loved to hear him sing that Bon Jovi song!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 9:29 am

Oh I know, Teresa---I couldn't believe he sang that and we were just talking about Bon Jovi songs! :haha:

Both David A.'s and David C's moms are beautiful, I noticed that too! I just love to watch David C's mom in the audience---her eyes say it all. Wink And that hug between the two of them when he was walking up the driveway...oh, I got sooooo teary! Did you see the neighbors all gathered out on their front lawns?! grinsmiley So funny! And I loved all that emotion too....I can't even believe all the 'mania' surrounding the idols---it really goes to show the power this show has. Did you see the little girls at David C's elementary school practically bawling?! bawling I mean, little girls!! You can see where this is just so overwhelming for all of them....like David C walking out and seeing that crowd, like you said. I was really moved by each one of them. And Ryan was so sweet to David when he said "It's ok to show emotion"...you can see how embarrassing that would be for a 17 yr old guy. Ryan handled it so well. I thought what Syesha's dad said was very poignant too. That's really neat.

I was talking to my mom after the show last night and we're both so torn as to who we want to win! I really love BOTH the Davids! This is super hard! I think David C. really is the 'whole package', and I'm beginning to think he wants to win it as much as David A. does, regardless of the 'restraints' the title might have for him the first year. I do think he really represents "American Idol" for what it is.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:39 am

That ok Amy you were't Didrepectful I Know must of sound crazy talking about Holidays lol
Ok I Was't Suprise at all that Syesha went Home every body that i think that she would go home I just not sure which David Will win they are both good and does't really matter they are gonna both go BIG even if one of them does't win

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:21 pm

My interview with Scott Savol from Season 4 is now online at http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/62244 Feel free to check it out.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Cool Cheryl, I'll check that out Thumbsup

BTW, David Cook had been going around and telling this joke to his fellow contestants....

"Have you heard of the new Pirates of the Caribbean Disney movie?"
"It's rated Aaaarrrr!" Huh? Laughing Frying pan

Oh man... it will be exciting tomorrow! David vs. David!

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 425.cook.archuleta.040208

I love them both! Love

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:50 pm

grinsmiley "First Impression" video

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:01 am

I loved that Carol!! Thanks for sharing it! Thumbsup Oh, David C. cracks me up! And I can't WAIT for tonight!!! Cheer

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Bad News I Won't be abel to watch to night we have to make a garden today before it rains

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Oh, Jacob! I'm sorry to hear that you'll miss it. Can you tape it? Or do you know someone who could tape it for you? I would, but I don't get that channel.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks for the Idea i'll go see if i can tape it Thanks it slip me mind But i will enjoy making the Garden as well

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Well, I think that David A. sang better tonight, although I still think David C. did a nice job, and he is by far my favorite "Idol" ever! They both sang their first two songs very well. I liked David A.'s second song better, although the category itself was "bunk." The whole "new song" thing didn't work for me AT all. And what can I say about the third song choice. I was hoping that David A. would choose "Imagine," and he did. And Simon was right, David Cook should have chosen "Hello" or "Billie Jean." I like the Collective Soul song, but not for the finale. I can understand that he wanted to do something he had never done before, but he sang "Hello" sooooooooo long ago, that it would have sounded even different than the first time he sang it because he has gotten so much better these last 8 weeks. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I would have LOVED to hear him sing "Hello." That was the best song of the enitre season for me. I think that David A., is going to win, but at least David C. is going to have an awesome career. That guy has talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you guys see Luke Perry in the audience with his cute kids?
I can't help it, I'm still bummed about not hearing "Hello." I guess I'll just have to go and listen to it on youtube. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:09 pm

One more thing. I really do think that David Cook is by far the most talented and creative contestant of the season. He's better than Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis combined. It's funny comparing last season's finale to this season. There IS no comparison. Unlike past finales, tonight's finale had the two best singers of the season on stage. Ruben and Clay were a good finale, but they aren't even close to being in the same league as the David's.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Teresa I'm bummed too! and LOL!! I just went to youtube to get my fix because I really really really was hoping to hear Billy Jean again, and hoping this time he would have used the guitar since the first time he sang he didn't but it was still so good. I like Collective Soul too and like the song, but Hello or Billie Jean should have given him at least one round lol. It's true what Simon said, it was a knockout! David A was so good tonight!! Applause I've been trying to vote but lines have been busy for a while... for both of them!

Both these guys have so much talent. They are already set no matter who gets the title but if I must choose one... I will go with ... let's see.... David Archuleta. I think because Archie has worked for this all his life since he was a kid and really wants it maybe a little more than David Cook since David Cook wasn't really planning on auditioning for the show in the first place. But I'm so glad he did. I cried a little when he started crying after the song lol.

But like I said, i loved them both, they are both awesome and amazingly talented, David Cook a little more than David A, but for the title I hope David A gets it. In reality they don't need the title, they are set to go!

Tomorrow is the night!!! Cheer

My favorite songs of them:

"Billie Jean" by David Cook

"Imagine" by David Archuleta

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:09 am

I agree with everything you said , Carol. In my opinion, round 1 went to David Cook. I thought that he did a great job with the U2 song. David A. did a great job too, but I liked David Cook better. It was sad seeing them tear up after their last song knowing that they had come so far, and this was their final song.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:32 am

Teresa wrote:
One more thing. I really do think that David Cook is by far the most talented and creative contestant of the season. He's better than Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis combined. It's funny comparing last season's finale to this season. There IS no comparison. Unlike past finales, tonight's finale had the two best singers of the season on stage. Ruben and Clay were a good finale, but they aren't even close to being in the same league as the David's.

I completely agree with you, Teresa! The finale was the best one ever IMO, and I agree about the two David's being in a league of their own. The control they BOTH have is amazing, IMO. Clay has a great voice, but he's not 'special' in the way that David A. is, IMHO. Kelly Clarkson---great. Carrie Underwood---great. But there is just something 'more' incredible about each of the Davids, IMO. I think this will be the closest finale they've ever had, honestly. I voted for David A. because I really feel like he edged David C. out, although it was not a 'knock-out' as Simon would like us to believe. :think: David A's first song gave me absolute chills...I have never seen him sing with that kind of emotion before. His 2nd song I didn't even know and I actually went to bed with it on my brain! That's saying something! And his third song...what can I say? SMART. That was his best song and it touched people. I agree with Carol that David A. seems to want it more badly than David C., and like we've said before, David C. may ultimately do better without it. Teresa, I thought of you when D.C. didn't pick Hello!! I would have even been happy with Billie Jean!! I was mad at him for choosing what he did (I didn't even know that song)...like you I understand his reasoning, but he needed to leave the audience with a better impression for that final performance. Simon was absolutely right. Part of me wonders if he chose that to show what a 'rebel' he will be, with his music...he's not going to 'conform', and I like that about him...but maybe the combination of him not doing Hello and saying in the beginning "the competition is over, we're just having fun", is his way of saying "vote for Archie". He knows he'll be 1000% fine without it, and he's obviously in David A's 'corner' and knows how badly he wants it...maybe he wants to see him get it?! I don't know...just speculating---I wouldn't doubt it because that seems to be just the kind of person David Cook is. Love He's awesome, and this is one finale I will be just thrilled for whoever gets it. Applause I'm having my whole family over tonight for the finale! LOL! I'm recording it though, because I know they'll all be talking over everything I want to hear! grinsmiley

Thanks for posting those vids, Carol! Oh, how I love them BOTH!!! happy1

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 7
Page 23 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next