Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"TROUBLEMAKER"

Go down 
+19
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
DietCokeofEvil
amyk
Krissy
easyt72000
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
Teresa
david
Kristina
Coach Jon
carolineingalls
RoseRed
Farmer Girl
Vanesa
Savannah
Rhonda
Carol
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 am

I think this episode could have been better if the parents of the big boys also were somehow made to realize they needed to get more involved. If they would have had a parents' meeting, instead of just the school board, to deal with some of the issues, I think that would have been good. I would have liked to see what the parents of the big boys were thinking or if they were willing to admit that it was their kids who were the real troublemakers.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 am

We also have to remember that the times were so different in that you would not have been able to get the parents to meet with the teachers....they were farmers and their work was from sun-up to sun-down and they basically didn't have time to stop and go meet with the teachers. I know they show the parents going to the school in the middle of the day for the children's programs, but that just didn't happen.

Fathers were proud of their boys, especially if they were big and could handle a man's work, the bigger the better. Even tho the teachers didn't get that much 'back-up' from the parents, children were better behaved back then than today. I know several teachers who do not teach anymore and said they would NEVER return to teach with such disrespectful children and having their hands tied as far as disciplining them.....
No

laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Rhonda10laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am

Maybe a little bit of Mr. Applewood's stick is just what is needed for some kids today!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:31 pm

amyk wrote:
Maybe a little bit of Mr. Applewood's stick is just what is needed for some kids today!

+1!

laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
DietCokeofEvil
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
DietCokeofEvil

Number of posts : 27
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:33 am

sweetheart wrote:
Thank god i never had a teacher like that in school....well i never had one but in my middle school i went to there was this one teacher everybody thought he ws mean cuz he would yell a lot.. or mybe it was cuz kids were not behaving at all....

but wow that teacher was soo mean! I mean it must of been hard back then teaching all grades together with no help at all..

poor Laura, ot wasn't fair he blamed her for everything!!

I did. She was a first year teacher who was definitely not equipped to handle a room full of first graders. She didn't hit me (even in the late 70s this was frowned upon), but she had a few scapegoats that got picked on, not only by her, but then by the other children as well. By the end of the year, she had suspended at least 5 of us for one reason or another. Did I mention we were first graders? I was one of them and I never found out the reason why I got suspended until I was in college and was talking about it with my parents. I just got yanked out of my chair, screamed at by the principal and then sent home. There is so much I remember from that year, I could write a book...

On another note, I'll never watch the cow birthin comment again and not think about it having a birthday!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 pm

this is not my favorite episode. I didn't like that Mr. Applewood being mean to Laura. I didn't understand why the older boys, stood up & say, they did those things, it wasn't Laura's fault.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:24 am

I agree that the older boys may have just made things worse for poor Laura.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:23 am

that teacher was pure evil mad

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:05 pm

I really felt bad for Laura in this one. Mrs Olsen started his dislike for Laura when he was invited over fr dinner......she was such a trouble maker

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
I really felt bad for Laura in this one. Mrs Olsen started his dislike for Laura when he was invited over fr dinner......she was such a trouble maker

So did i,I never understood how she could agree with this teacher,

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Poor Laura. She didn't deserve to be treated the way Mr.Applewood treated her. He was mean and very bad temptered. Mrs.Oleson and Nellie didn't help matters by labeling her a troublemaker and teacher's pet. I can't figure out what Mr.Applewood had Laura write on the chalk board. Thank goodness Mr.Applewood only lasted one episode. The way he acted makes me wonder if he had a bad childhood.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Sometimes the writers made the "mean" people over the top mean. I think it could have been effective and more believable if he didn't have other serious issues, just a stern man who was unfair. It was almost like they thought they audience couldn't figure it out unless it was very obvious.
Back to top Go down
CarrieandCassandraFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 43
Mood : laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 11:58 pm

I liked it when Charles, jarred Applewood's butt to the wall!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Laura not telling Applewood the truth   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Why didn't Laura say to Applewood that the incidents were caused by the big older boys, Nellie or Willie? Why did she protect them from him punishing them? Also at the start, why did she took the blame of the big boys fighting each other?
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 11:24 pm

Just watched this one again. Laura is usually able to turn angry men (Mr. Sprague, Amos Pike, etc.) into softies, but not this Mr. Applewood. Again, I do think the students were misbehaving quite a lot right from the start with Mr. Applewood. But he is over the top and not even trying to be nice to them either. It was a bad situation all the way around, and the school board did mess up not even getting references for him. I prefer the episode when Mrs. Oleson takes over teaching at the school, though! That's pretty hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "TROUBLEMAKER"   laura - "TROUBLEMAKER" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"TROUBLEMAKER"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2