Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"FOR MY LADY"

Go down 
+10
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
Coach Jon
Savannah
carolineingalls
bethandmanly
Vanesa
JW
Carol
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

"FOR MY LADY" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "FOR MY LADY"   "FOR MY LADY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 8:31 pm

amyk wrote:
Once again, I disagree with the people on this forum. I thought this episode was boring. It had a few nice moments, but all in all, I did not really care for it.

Quote :
Laura and Mary's conversation with Charles while they were fishing was hilarious! It was also clever of Pa to go fishing. He seemed to know that he would be able to continue to fish and the girls would end up picking the berries!

I don't remember them going fishing. I thought they all three went picking mushrooms?
I sure was grumpy about some episodes in days gone by! What was wrong with me? While this is not my favorite episode, I did enjoy watching it tonight. Unfortunately, COZI-TV cuts off so much that I didn't see any part where Laura told Ma that she thought she should punch the Widow Thurman in the stomach!

And while I do understand Pa's motives, I do think he should have at least told the girls what he was doing and why.....and they could have helped him keep the secret.

I did laugh about Mrs. Oleson being so eager to spread the gossip to Nels.....good thing they didn't have the newspaper or the telephone yet, as she would have blabbered it all over the county that Charles and Caroline were going to divorce or something!

Thought the closing voiceover by Laura was sweet - special plates are for special people! But as someone else wrote, do we ever see those plates again? Of course we never see the Widow Thurman again either.

However, I believe her house is also the blind school and then later Laura and Almanzo's boarding house, right?
Back to top Go down

"FOR MY LADY"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2