Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE

Go down 
+27
LHOTPfan2000
bethandmanly
Davetucson
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Ruth
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
Krissy
LM
Prairie Dweller
Kristina
Farmer Girl
LHFanForever
Vanesa
carolineingalls
HarrisonCrosby4387
jes9
rana
RoseRed
Toby
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
JW
Debbie
Carol
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Happy010

House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:06 am

Well, I think I'd enjoy the movie more if there weren't such odd filming views and such...
I really don't think that the Disney version is more accurate than Landon's version of LHotP. If you compare it the entire tv series, then yes, Disney's version is tons more accurate! grinsmiley It's quite a bit longer, so there's more of the book in the movie, but I think because it's longer it gave them a chance to alter parts of it a bit more. :b

House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 9:12 am

I finally got to watch this episode yesterday. It was a lot like the book Little House ON The Prairie and I liked it a lot better than the recent remake of it, I'm not sure who the actors were in the remake. I think that the only person who can truly act Charles Ingalls is Michael Landon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:25 pm

I love this episode/movie, it's one of my favorite episodes.
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:16 am

Gotta love the Pilot movie.

I can't imagine having to pack up everything and say goodbye to your loved ones; not knowing what you'll run into on the long, long journey, and if you'll survive or see your family again. I think in those days, people prepared themselves for not seeing family again for years to come if they had to leave them. Blue

I always felt bad for the Greenbush twin(s) in the fire scene. Poor baby sitting in the little part of the creek and not knowing what's real or being acted out.

House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:11 am

My 6 year old screamed and burst into tears in this one and she's never done this in any movie or TV show before. It was when the indians came in and frightened Ma and she said she never wanted to watch it again although she loves all the other 10 seasons. We had started at season 1 and worked our way through, not knowing about the Pilot so we watched that last and are starting at season 1 again now. It is nice to finally have them all :)

I do like it but it is quite stark next to the other ones. Every show has to begin somwhere though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:33 pm

A great pilot. I think one of the best for a TVshow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:32 pm

I finally found a dvd copy of this at wal-mart really cheap.So i got well i could lol..

This is ok movie...Afther watching again and again it get's boring to me..But it's a great movie tho.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:55 pm

I don't think it's boring. I actually liked it a lot, for it sticks too the book..at least much more than the TV show. Maybe you can find it boring for it didn't have too much funny moments. THe only person different to the Ingallses you sees there is Mr. Edward and the indians. We are used to see the Olesons along with the Ingallses. What I miss terribily in this excellent movie is the meaness of Harrie, Nellie's scheming, Nels comments and Willie's being sent to the corner again and again. HeeHee

If you watchs this movie before having watched the TV show, you'll enjoy it much more than if you already are a fan of "Little House on the Prairie"'s series...

Vanesa.

House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:03 pm

i got my copy at wal-mart cheap

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:04 am

I remember, seeing the pilot movie, when I was in school. The whole school. From kindergarten to 12 grade saw LHOTP movie. :) This was a Christian school.

My favorite movie from LHOTP. :)

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 pm

This episode came out when I was a meer 9 years old. I had to convince my mother to let me stay up late and I watched it on a 13" black and white tv !! We didn't have cable then so I had to keep adjusting the antennas....lol.....brings back many great memories. I loved this episode

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm watching the pilot movie right now. I like the movie.
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:02 am

Fantastic movie!

Leaves House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:46 pm

It is a good movie. Caroline seemed tense a lot in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:24 am

Well...In real life she WAS tense, for sure! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 pm

The first few shows were the closest to the books. I liked this movie and Mr. Edwards coming to see them. Years later, when my girls were about 8, I found a site that had a Little House tin cup, penny and peppermint stick Xmas gift. I bought it for them and they still have the cup on their shelves at 18. Such simple times and pleasures with the hardships.
There were some funny outtakes on youtube from that pilot.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:35 am

I saw this last night on Hallmark. I loved this movie so much and the first year. The movie was a bit more gritty, I know Karen Grassle liked that aspect, and you saw how hard it was to build the house, you saw them washing clothes, drying them, the turkey wasn't just in the fireplace cooking, she was plucking the feathers, saving animal skins, etc.
Caroline was a bit more pious than on the regular show, but more accurate to the books and I loved how they all pulled together and worked.

Mr. Edward's was a hoot and it reminds you of things later that are referenced too with him. When he brings them the gifts, I still want to cry.

I did notice that for whatever reason, they seemed to have a stand-in for Caroline when they were crossing the river..she kept her head down a lot but when she lifted it once, you could tell it wasn't her until she had a closeup.

A really great movie, everyone was so adorable and the acting for such inexperienced children was great, even Carrie. : )

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:20 am

Interesting fact about that movie was that it was shot up in northern California during the winter. That was a real river Victor French crossed when he brought the presents and he had a wetsuit underneath his clothes when he did it. The snow on the ground was real, but the falling snow was man made for the shoot. It was shot up near Stockton, California.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:08 pm

I knew about the snowstorm because Kent mentioned to me how it played out when I interviewed him. I didn't know about Victor, though. Thanks for sharing.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:52 pm

From TV.com, some sweet tidbits:

Melissa Gilbert found out she won the role of Laura Ingalls while standing in the lunch line at school from Michael Landon's daughter Leslie. Leslie got grounded for doing it.

Melissa Gilbert has said that the final good-bye scene with Mr. Edwards was very difficult to film, because this was a time where the young actress was also saying good-bye to Victor French (who played Edwards). The premiere movie was wrapping up, they still had no idea that a TV series would be spawned from it, and aside from that, they didn't even know that Victor would come back as a star on the 10-year show. So, in that regard, this scene was a difficult and emotional one for both Gilbert and French, which is precisely why it came out so beautifully.

Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:54 pm

I do have to say I didn't think this was as good as I was expecting it to be.
Although I loved that They got the Indian bit just like the book and the sugar candy bit it just wasn't as good as I was hopping it would be and I mostly skipped through it got a bit boring.
NOT like the LHOTP TV series.

House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Charles and Caroline were some uptight parents in the pilot movie. It took Mr Edwards coming along to put some warmth into things, like coming for Christmas dinner.
Then when the tv show started, they were totally relaxed.
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:54 pm

I love the Pilot Movie because at least they attempted to get some things right from the book, maybe they didn't get them all, but it was a good attempt. I love the scene where Jack returns from being missing after the river crossing and especially Mr. Edwards at Christmas. The pilot had the "feel" of the first book in a way, but I didn't really like how the actual show ended up starting as it was a mish mash of Plum Creek and Walnut Grove together. Part of me thought they were going to actually have episodes showing the sod dugout house. Seeing this again, I realize the TV show is best judged on its own merits and not anything totally authentic to the books.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 8:17 am

watching the Pilot movie now and I can't believe how young all of the Ingalls family is in it. Laura looks so small! I always wondered why the very beginning of the television series didn't follow along more with the LHOTP book, and then I saw the pilot for the first time. I like the pilot movie, I think it follows along well with the book
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 9:36 pm

I don't know if I've seen this pilot all the way through since the time it first aired back in 1974 or whenever, and maybe I didn't even see it then, although I watched LITTLE HOUSE on the initial run and think it is likely that I did see the pilot. Just watched it now, though, and I think it may be the best pilot episode of any TV series that I've seen. Perhaps it is because it is almost exclusively the main characters (including Mr. Edwards, who I think of as a main character of the series) is why it is so good - the relationships between characters are well-established and even things that would be referred to later in the series, such as Mr. Edwards' "can't stand for no peeking" and "Old Dan Tucker" are already a part of the lives of the Ingalls' family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE   House - "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - THE PILOT MOVIE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next