Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE RACCOON"

Go down 
+16
bestshowever
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
easyt72000
Krissy
alexczarn
Prairie Dweller
Vanesa
Savannah
LM
Docfan
Farmer Girl
jes9
JW
Carol
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laura (Half Pint)
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Laura (Half Pint)

Number of posts : 2464
Mood : "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Bokmal10

"THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 1:05 pm

I liked the ending to this episode when Charles realizes that Laura was not bitten by the rabid raccoon. I enjoyed the part where he came into the house and told them everything was alright. I do agree that it is not a wise idea to let kids play with a raccoon.

"We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves." -The Walnut Grove Congregation on various occasions

"THE RACCOON" - Page 2 LauraHPKeeper
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Good episode with a very happy ending.
I realise that Laura happened upon the raccoon, but surely a cat or kitten would have been an obviously more appropriate pet.

Interesting how childrens' dolls were very expensive back then - no plastic so very breakable.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Are there raccoons in Scotland, Joe?
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:26 pm

No - native to the Americas.

Some were introduced to Europe, but none this far North.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Ah.  Thanks.  We used to get a bunch of them on our back deck in the spring.  They were very fond of cookies.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:30 pm

That's a good question.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
"THE RACCOON" - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:08 pm

I really liked this episode, particularly the ending! It sure was tense throughout after they thought the raccoon that had bit both Laura and Jack was rabid. The ending when Charles goes out to the barn and gets surprised by Jasper was just wonderful. I love how he runs into the house and hugs everyone and tells them that everything is going to be just fine. Great ending!

I found a few things to be strange in this episode:

It seemed out of character for Charles to let Laura keep the raccoon, even if it was just for a while. They are not pets, and as you could see in the video, they are dangerous. I also found it to be a bit out of character for Mary to bring the raccoon home in the first place.. that just doesn't seem like her.

I also was surprised that Charles would toss a loaded gun down in the barn to run in and tell the rest of the family the good news... that is dangerous to leave that there like that!

All in all though, a great episode, and one of my favorites!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

"THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE RACCOON"   "THE RACCOON" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE RACCOON"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2