Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa's Autobiography

Go down 
+26
Rob
LHOTPFan
Honeybee
Praire Girl
Shell
Ruth
littlehouselover
Davetucson
Savannah
charles ingalls
LIWnut
Krissy
Julia
Vanesa
MissOleson
Cetacea
jes9
JW
ChristinaAL
Kristina
Carol
Gin
Amy
bethandmanly
Robinsgirl
carolineingalls
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Bokmal10

Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Welcome, Cetacea! Yes, I think I should read every single book about LHOTP and the actors on the show...my only problem is money...If I purchase every book I want to read, I think I'll be begging in the streets! batEyes

Vanesa.

Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 am

@Vanessa: I am a bookworm, therefore I save a lot of money to buy books. Which means I spend less money on other things.

Anyway I love books from the cast members, because they help me to understand how those actors felt playing a role in LHOTP.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Savannah wrote:
Yes, that's right. Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 811339

I haven't read Melissa Gilbert's currently published book, and don't have any inclination to, but I'll probably read Karen's when it comes out. I haven't decided about Melissa's yet-to-be-published book yet.

I'd definitely like to read Karen's book, and probably MG's new one. I have a feeling her writing stye will be much different with that one, considering it is more about her personal life on the show rather than her personal relationships? I don't know, I just am guessing that she will have a different overall 'tone' with this one. Hopefully though, hers is more informative than Melissa Sue's. I have no interest in having 'summaries/re-caps' of the episodes themselves....I like enlightenment of the behind the scenes---I have the shows themselves down to a science! Yikes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Yes, I agree Amy. I do feel Melissa will make this one more of the "Melissa" we hoped for. She does have those behind the scenes memories that she can share. I know if it were me writing it I too would go by the questions most asked by fans .
Karen's book should be just as great. I know she took her sad scenes very seriously and she always gave an awesome proformance. When are these books to be released, do we know??
Gotta save my egg money so I can get them.

Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Cetacea wrote:
@Vanessa: I am a bookworm, therefore I save a lot of money to buy books. Which means I spend less money on other things.

Anyway I love books from the cast members, because they help me to understand how those actors felt playing a role in LHOTP.

Same here. The problem with me is that I'm not living in the States or Europa and books published there costs four times their real price to me. grinsmiley

I purchase a lot of books and much less other things -since I'm also a bookworm - but all of them are printed in Argentina. The bad thing is that our country is NOT translating or importing history or biography books from overseas since the 2000's or so... banghead

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:18 am

Amy wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Yes, that's right. Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 811339

I haven't read Melissa Gilbert's currently published book, and don't have any inclination to, but I'll probably read Karen's when it comes out. I haven't decided about Melissa's yet-to-be-published book yet.

I'd definitely like to read Karen's book, and probably MG's new one. I have a feeling her writing stye will be much different with that one, considering it is more about her personal life on the show rather than her personal relationships? I don't know, I just am guessing that she will have a different overall 'tone' with this one. Hopefully though, hers is more informative than Melissa Sue's. I have no interest in having 'summaries/re-caps' of the episodes themselves....I like enlightenment of the behind the scenes---I have the shows themselves down to a science! Yikes Laughing

I thought the same thing about MSA's book, the overall style of the book (with the episode recaps and lack of thoughts on them/personal life) kind of put me off too. I didn't know MG was writing another...or, maybe I did and forgot Laughing I'm off to catch up on this and other things I missed (such as Karen's book - I would love to read that too!) Smile

Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 ChristinaKeeper2 Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:22 am

Is there already a release date of Melissas or Karens book?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:11 pm

?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:22 am

Cetacea wrote:
Is there already a release date of Melissas or Karens book?

I think not; if it was the case, you would seen tem posted here in a hurry! grinsmiley

Vanesa

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:42 pm

I agree! Now that i've MSA book.It did seem like she was a outsider.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:51 am

I know I am impatient, but does anyone have any news about the books? Maybe there are people here, who are in contact with Karen or Melissa Gilbert.

It is kind of strange but a couple of weeks ago I saw in B&N an Book (including the ISBN number) from Melissa Gilbert and the release date was 28th of April. When I went looking again on the 28th the book wasn't there anymore.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: DEAN BUTLER   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Guest wrote:
I can't remember, but I think there is roughly 8-9 years between them. So I'm sure if she was around 16 when those scenes were taking place, the thought of having to kiss and be in love with somone someone who was 23 or 24 would have seemed daunting.

DEAN"S DOB 05/20/56
MELISSA'S DOB 05/08/64

There was a guy named Rob Hepler Lowe that I think she preferred over Dean.

Last edited by Davetucson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:32 am

I hadn't heard Karen mention a book in interviews, etc. I hope she still does. She always had a lot of class. Early in the show, I would read interviews where she wasn't always happy, her and Michael were different people, but they were professionals and besides a few comments about his antics and her lack of growth at times on the show, she never said a bad word, especially after he died. After that, she commented on the good things which was nice.

I liked the shows when he gave her more time, like the one where she cut her leg, became the school mom, helped the blind artist and her family.

Of all the 3 books, I liked Alison's the most, it was funny, informative and at times sad. She did a good job. Melissa Sue's seemed to be done for money like the rest, but also with reservatons, she is a private person and didn't want to say much. Melissa Gibert's was more like reading a National Star paper at times so I skimmed the hollywood parts.

I hope Ms. Grassle will right one...I would love to hear from the "Nels and Harriet" too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 pm

I finshed Alison's book in 3 day's i injoyed it. It was funny. Smile I'M glad her and MG was close.I guess MSA was a just a private person.MG book could have been more about little house.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Has anyone heard anything more about this book? I know many fans thought she didn't have enough "Prairie" in the old one, having moved on, but many people bought it because they think of her as "Laura"

I found 2 pics from it:

[url=Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 140gc9y][img]
Mr. Edward's hat/shirt
Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 I6h1qh
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:08 pm

One more:

[url=Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 2rzc5rd][IMG]

I think it's "Carrie" and Ma and Mrs. Edwards, and Mrs. Carter, Nellie...
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Loved the last pic! I've never seen it before. I just love "Nellie's" wide smile... grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 am

Those are cool pictures!!! I love the first one..That's so sweet.. Love

Leaves Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 am

The first one is Melissa Gibert's favorite. I don't know what happened with the book, the original release date was 4/12, but it's obviously past that time.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 pm

I didn't know that Melissa was writting another book.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 pm

She was going to write one, tentatively titled "Prairie Memories" I suppose if the publisher thought there were enough fans for that, they would support it. I think she might have gotten some feedback with the old book that they wanted more about Little House and less her life afterwards. She admits on a post that she can't remember much of the younger years, how many of us can, but she had an email to send in questions about the show she would try to answer. If I didn't happen to see this older post though, I wouldn't have known anything about it.
Again, I don't know the final decision on this, but did get these pics from her Twitter.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:37 am

cool pictures

Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:08 am

Amazon has the title with no info. If it was soon, I'm sure she would be promoting it a somewhat.
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Gilberts-Prairie-Memories-Gilbert/dp/1419700642
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 am

littlehouselover wrote:
One more:

[url=Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 2rzc5rd][IMG]

I think it's "Carrie" and Ma and Mrs. Edwards, and Mrs. Carter, Nellie...

Love that pic! I've never seen it either! Anyone know how long ago this was? And is that really 'Grace'? I'd love to know if that's her for sure...she guest starred on Home Improvement as Tim's mom and this doesn't really look like her, but that was a long time ago. Maybe it's the white hair that's throwing me off. After looking at it longer, I think it's Miss Beadle. Looks more like her face shape I think.

I sure would have liked to have been sitting at that table right behind them! batEyes

Praire Girl wrote:
Amazon has the title with no info. If it was soon, I'm sure she would be promoting it a somewhat.
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Gilberts-Prairie-Memories-Gilbert/dp/1419700642

I will definitely be buying this one...I would love to hear more about her experiences specifically on the show.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Not too long ago, it's on her twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/MelissaEGilbert/

Look at June 23
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa's Autobiography
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next