Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much is gas in your area?

Go down 
+35
EllieJane
susansmoose
david
I Love Dean
Kristina
Docfan
ashkate11871
Trixie
Samantha
edwina
emilyanneoftheprairie
Prairie Dweller
Alice
Teresa
bethandmanly
Farmer Girl
Coach Jon
JW
pamh36
LIWnut
flatbroke
Amy
LM
rana
Lily
Kathleen Marie
Lori
Savannah
jes9
ChristinaAL
Debbie
Misti
Rhonda
Rob
Carol
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Purple2

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 9:39 am

Anyone else NOT buying fuel today?!?!? You won't see me at the pump today!!!! This outrage has got to stop!!! Ranting

I am almost ready to pull my bicycle out of my mother in law's barn and start riding.......Not a good time to be the owner of a FORD Expedition! No

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Rhonda10How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 10:07 am

Sorry everyone, but I found this on snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 HummerHow much is gas in your area? - Page 2 MistiKeeperHow much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Bookclub5How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 10:12 am

Hey Misti...........a fellow Texan over on PT said this about the fuel...I was just wondering if it has taken effect yet? :think:

"The State of Texas IS doing something about the gas prices for our state. A bill is currently at the house that will temporarily suspend our state gas tax, and will instantly drop our gas prices by .21 cents. It goes into vote this week and is expected to pass.

This tax suspension will last throughout the entire summer once passed."

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Rhonda10How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 10:26 am

I had heard about that, Rhonda, and I really do it happens. But, I would rather it be statewide and not just Texas. Everyone is suffering.

I had heard them say its because there are a lot less operational refineries out there than there was. They say that instead of building new ones, they are patching the old ones and they are breaking down faster than they can patch them.

I think there are a lot of excuses out there and not enough solutions. Meanwhile, oil companies pull in record profits. The rich getting richer.

Gas in town is $2.85 and at Wal-Mart, too, and Wal-mart used to be at least a little cheaper than the others! Blue

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 HummerHow much is gas in your area? - Page 2 MistiKeeperHow much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Bookclub5How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 11:51 am

Ours jumped to $3.49 this morning. Huh?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 11:58 am

Oh my word, Rob! That's awful! Last I checked (last night) it was $3.19 here - and that's bad enough. At this rate, my bike and I are going to be very good friends this summer.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 3:38 pm

I was going thru town headed to the gas station at the end of town to get gas until I saw the price...$2.99. There are two gas stations in town in which the gas was still $2.88. So, I pulled in there and got it.

I quickly got my gas before the price jumped right before my eyes and asked the attendant if prices were going up. She said that she had heard about Pres. Bush suspending the gas tax and I said that I had heard that, too, but right down the street, the price had jumped. She said she didn't know that.

I told her that I assumed that they would be getting a call very shortly to change it, too, since the stations prices get raised within a short time of each other.

There I was, putting my mere $7.00 in the tank; all the money I had left!

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 10:09 pm

It's $3.59 in my area. bawling

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2007 10:28 pm

Doggonit!! It was $3.18 last night. It's up to $3.49 tonight!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Gas price in my area now is $4.00 a gallon :faint2:

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Carol wrote:
Gas price in my area now is $4.00 a gallon :faint2:

affraid I haven't seen it that high yet. I've seen $3.50 a gallon, but $4.00 !?
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:35 pm

$3.49.

I'm buying a horse and buggy.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 pm

$3.48 - $3.51 here.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:23 pm

We have three gas station; two of them, It's $3.42 and the other one, $3.39. Ranting

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:37 pm

I read an article that was basically saying that people need to stop complaining about gas prices, because Coca-Cola is about $12 a gallon (or whatever the price was) and people buy it all the time with no complaints. Then it went on to list a lot of drinks that people buy every day - showing how pricey it is per gallon. But it's a silly, baseless argument, because those are unnecessary items that a lot of us rarely buy. (And who buys a gallon of Coke at a time?? Huh? :Hahaha: )
Gasoline is necessary. You can't just say "Well, we don't have the money for it this week, so we won't buy it" like you can with cola, or tea, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 11:21 am

Exactly, Savannah. Crazy people. Whistle

We're at I think $3.45 now. With the prices going up, probably to 4 bucks a gallon this summer, we may not be traveling far from home with our trailer. It really stinks!! :sad5:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:02 pm

You're exacty right Savannah!
What a dumb article, is the person who wrote that article on drugs? It doesn't make any sense and who compares Gas to Coca-cola in this situation??? lol
How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Dunce_sign :BatHit:

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:02 pm

$3.48 a gallon here...it cost me $52.00 to fill up my tank and it used to cost me only $35.00 about a year ago!!

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:07 pm

$1.20/litre. One lady on the news said it took $42 to fill up her tank.
I wouldn't know, I don't drive so I don't pay for gas.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 MarilynKeeper How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:38 pm

The other day I filled up my tank, well, almost. I stopped when it got to $65.00 and all I got was 19 gallons Ranting
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:20 am

At this rate, I'm going to be in great shape because I am going to be riding my bike a lot more often.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Lol Pam the gas Was 1.27/litre Yesterday i'm not sure if it has gone up already it suppose to go up to 1.30/litre next week We Were lucky though we fill up our tank in our mini Van a day before the gas went up i was $64 till it was full

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Jacobk10How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 7:11 pm

pamh36 wrote:
At this rate, I'm going to be in great shape because I am going to be riding my bike a lot more often.

For real.

I went to fill up the old truck, and it was 60 bucks, and I was on HALF A TANK! mad

What really kills me is that I know the war is about control of oil. Freeing a nation has nothing to do with it. And this is the price we pay for it.

I guarantee you if we hadn't went to Iraq the second time, gas would be around $2.00 a gallon. At most.

But I've talked to a lot of Europeans. They have it worse than we do.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 2:05 pm

$3.51 as of yesterday Blue I've really started planning things out a bit more - stopping at a store on my way home from work instead of going home then back out later, taking turns carpooling with my friend when we go out for dinner. We're even carpooling with some friends this summer for a weekend vacation (if it comes off), to split money for gas instead of having to pay for multiple cars. I don't mind trying to be a bit more conservative in this way, but man, it sure would be a lot nicer if gas wasn't such an expense every week.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 5:28 pm

It was $3.55 for a couple of days, but it went back down to $3.39.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much is gas in your area?
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next