Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia

Go down 
+27
Kamberley
julmer70
annecimina
Praire Girl
Rickarda
littlehouselover
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
littlehousefan200
Ruth
Rob
LIWnut
Misti
Prairie Dweller
easyt72000
alexczarn
Shell
Lori
Joe
jes9
Rhonda
Vanesa
Honeybee
Krissy
Gin
Davetucson
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Bokmal10

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: ERIK HOLLAND   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Eric Holland was born Olav Roger Øvregård 18th May 1933 in Sandnes, Norway.

Fearing the rise of fascism, the Øvregård family fled their native Norway when Eric was just a child. They eventually settled in New York where he went to school and eventually college.
Holland took a keen interest in acting while at college and performed in numerous amateur productions. After graduation he decided to pursue a career as a full time actor. His first screen acting role was in the 1962 TV pilot Surftide 77. While the pilot picked up good ratings, it was not developed in to a full series.

Though disappointed that Surftide was not picked up, he carried on working part time and attending acting and continuing with ongoing auditions. Late in 1962 he was caste in a role for the G.E. Truman show, Code Name: Christopher: Part 1 and 2. While not a major role, it earned him screen time and much needed experience.

Through much of 1963 and 64 he continued his acting classes, while working part time. With his studies complete, he was able to switch to focusing on more auditions and this led to roles over the next few years on such shows as The Fugitive, 12 O'clock High, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Laredo, The Invaders and Mission Impossible.

By the beginning of the 70's Holland had built up a respectable list of screen credits, and he began branching out in to stage work. It was during this time that he met and married his wife Vicky.

Throughout the 70's, 80's and early 90's Holland continued to build a reputation as a solid character actor on both stage and screen. He made numerous guest appearances on such shows as Wonder Woman, Barnaby Jones, the Man From Atlantis, the Bionic Woman, Galactica 80, Father Murphy, Cheers, The Fall Guy, Dallas, Falcon Crest, MacGyver and Baywatch.

In 1994 Holland was caste in the role of Professor Langford in the movie Stargate, the father of Catherine Langford who would go on to feature in the Stargate SG1 series. Holland worked sporadically throughout the late 90's appearing in the movies Titanic and The Minus Man and the TV series The Practice.

With his health beginning to fail, he went in to semi-retirement following an appearance in The West Wing. He came out of retirement to appear in the movie Formosa in 2005. Following the completion of filming, Holland returned to his retirement.

He was in 83 titles from 1962 - 2005.

He Appeared In One Little House Episode
Look Back To Yesterday – 1983 – Gunnar Lindstrom

At The Town Meeting
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Eric_h10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."

Last edited by Davetucson on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:35 pm

That's awesome info, Dave! Did you ever hear back from Alban Branton?

By the way, this new profile pic of yours makes me melt! Goodpost
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Dave wrote:
Øvregård

Major props for pulling this off! David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 135245
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:59 pm

I didn't know a single word about this actor's works. Thanks for posting this interesting info on him, Dave. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Movie Blood   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 am

Ever Wonder What The Blood Was Made of That Matt Had On Him In Look Back To Yesterday?

Water

Corn syrup (golden syrup)

Red, blue, and green food coloring

Flour, cornstarch, chocolate syrup, or maple syrup
Make the basic mix. Combine one part water with three parts corn syrup (known as golden syrup in the UK). Add drops red food coloring gradually and mix gently by stirring.

Continue adding drops until the shade resembles that of real blood (always err on the side of adding less, as it's easier to add more).

Add a small amount of blue or green food coloring to achieve a more realistic shade. (Arterial blood is bright red, while venous blood is a dark maroon).
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Mattbl11David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Lookba10

Last edited by Davetucson on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:27 pm

That's very interesting info, Dave! I always assumed it was ketchup! Laughing

This scene breaks my heart. However, even with the fake "blood" running out of his nose, he manages to look just gorgeous. What a guy! (Don't mind me, lol).

You know, I've always wanted to meet him to tell him what an amazing actor I think he is; how he's moved me with his performances, etc. However...I know if that moment should ever come (better chance of winning the lottery!), I would probably be totally quiet, staring at him with a goofy face (sort of like this ShyGirl ) and I would be so nervous I'd forget everything I want to say! lol
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm

That's inserting to know. I never knew that.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: TROY MELTON   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am

During the golden days of TV westerns, Troy Melton was a prolific stuntman and actor on such early gems as “Rough Riders”, “Annie Oakley”, “Kit Carson”, “Jim Bowie”, “Lone Ranger”, “Zane Grey Theatre”, “Maverick”, “Bonanza”, “Rifleman”, “Wanted Dead or Alive”, “Laredo”, “Whispering Smith”, “Wyatt Earp”, “Klondike”, “Gene Autry”, “Roy Rogers” (where he can often be spotted as a badguy and sometimes double for Roy), “Boston Blackie”, “Peter Gunn”, “Range Rider” and “Buffalo Bill Jr.”.

While working on dozens of “Cisco Kid” episodes Troy would more often than not be doubling for Duncan Renaldo with Bill Catching doubling Leo Carrillo.

When Robert Conrad’s action filled show, “The Wild Wild West”, debuted on CBS there were a core group of stuntmen Conrad felt comfortable working with as he did almost all of his own stunts. Nearly all the action you see in the first year or so was done by Whitey Hughes, Bill Catching, Fred Stromsoe, Al Wyatt, Troy, and Robert Herron doubling for Ross Martin. Troy was an all around stuntman but his specialty was the rough and tumble fights.
During a career that spanned four decades Troy appeared in “Blazing Saddles”, “Magnum Force”, “Dirty Harry”, “Every Which Way But Loose”, “The Fall Guy”, “Rawhide”, “Big Valley”, “Virginian”, “Wagon “Train”, “Davy Crockett”, “Gunsmoke”, “Have Gun Will Travel”, “Sea Hunt”, “How The West Was Won” and “Bat Masterson”.

Troy was born in Jackson, TN, in March of 1921 and migrated with his family to L.A. during the Great Depression. After serving in the Army Air Corps during WWII, Melton returned to L.A. and found sporadic work as an actor before embarking on a 50 year stunt career that sadly ended when he succumbed to cancer November 15, 1995. He was 74.

Besides his film career Troy was an avid golfer and restaurateur. He owned the Playboy Restaurant on Melrose Avenue in Hollywood, located right next door to Paramount. It was frequented by himself and nearly all the Paramount employees for years. After a 26 year run, Troy sold the land to Paramount in 1988
He acted and did stunt work in over 114 titles in a fifty year career that lasted from 1941 to 1991.

He was in four Little House Episodes. You may remember him best as the stagecoach driver that was killed in “The Third Miracle”. He was also on 3 episodes of Father Murphy and 21 episodes of Bonanza.

To See The Light – 1980 – Man
The Third Miracle – 1979 – Stage Driver
The Aftermath – 1977 – Ned Watkins
The Runaway Caboose – 1976 – Homer Greenwood

In "The Third Miracle" Stagecoach Driver
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Troy_m10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: PAUL BRINEGAR   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 am

Paul Brinegar was born December 19, 1917, in Tucumcari, New Mexico. When he was a small child, the family relocated to Alamagordo, then Las Cruces, and finally to Santa Fe, where Paul started acting in high school plays. After he graduated in 1935, Brinegar migrated to Pasadena, California, where he attended Pasadena Junior College, studying drama, literature and art. In college, his first stage success was in the role of Andy Hardy, and of that he remarked, ”...before it was done by Mickey Rooney!”

Brinegar then took a break from acting and served for four years in the South Pacific as a chief radioman in the Navy during World War II. After the war, he supported himself as a radio repairman, while taking bit parts in movies. In 1948, he made his feature film debut in Larceny. From there, he launched what would become a steady film career, which only slowed down in the late 1950s, after he began appearing regularly on television.

As a character actor of both films and television, Paul Brinegar specialized in playing feisty, grizzled cowboy sidekicks. Although he is probably best known for his role on the CBS series Rawhide from 1959 to 1966, Brinegar made over 100 appearances between 1946 and 1994, appearing in many popular Western films. Some memorable roles include the barman character in Clint Eastwood’s High Plains Drifter in 1973, and in 1969, he appeared in Charro! starring Elvis Presley. He was also known for playing Lamar Pettybone on the early 1980s television series Matt Houston.

But Brinegar’s talents were not limited to the Western genre, as he was also seen in character roles in highly rated TV series such as Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Dragnet, The Loretta Young Show, The George Burns Comedy Theatre, and Racket Squad. His first big break in TV came when he was cast as the mayor of Dodge City in the Wyatt Earp series starring Hugh O’Brian. Brinegar said, “After that series, it just opened up for me.”
He passed away in March of 1995 in Los Angeles, Ca. He was 77.

He was in a ton of television productions in the early days of television. Also appeared on Bonanza.

He Was in One Episode of Little House
The Hunters – 1976 – Glover
Shown Here Opposite Johnny Crawford

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Paul_b10
As "Wishbone" Rawhide TV Series
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Paul_b11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: RAY WALSTON   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Ray Walston was born on December 2, 1914 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and began his acting career in 1939, receiving his first big break when cast as the reporter in the Ben Hecht-Charles MacArthur classic "The Front Page". Later, he came to the New York critics' attention with the play "The Alchemist". Prominent in Walston's career was an association with director George Abbott which included appearing in five productions over a span of 20 years. They began working together in 1949, around the time Walston was cast in "South Pacific". Then, in 1955, Walston won a Tony Award as best male musical comedy star in the Abbott production of "Damn Yankees". Walston came to Hollywood in 1957 for Kiss Them for Me (1957). Since then, his other films have included The Apartment (1960), Portrait in Black (1960), Paint Your Wagon (1969), The Sting (1973), Popeye (1980), Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and O'Hara's Wife (1982). In 1963, he began the television series "My Favorite Martian" (1963), which ran for three years. Ray Walston died at age 86 of lupus on New Year's Day 2001 in Beverly Hills, California.

He was in 151 titles from 1954 to 2001.

One Little House Episode
The King is Dead – 1979 – Jimmy Hart - Fight Promoter

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Ray_wa10
In My Favorite Martian - 107 Episodes - 1963 - 1966
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Ray-wa10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MALCOLM ATTERBURY   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:50 am

Birth Name
Malcolm Macleod Jr.
Malcolm Atterbury was born into a wealthy family in February of 1907 in Philadelphia, Pa. His father was president of the Pennsylvania Railroad - but he himself had no desire to go into the family business. He had always wanted to be an actor, and to that end got himself a job managing a radio station. From there he went into vaudeville, then into stage work in both musicals and dramas, gaining a reputation as a solid and reliable stage actor. He made his film debut in Dragnet (1954). Although he soon became a busy supporting actor in films, he still kept his hand in the theater world; he owned two theaters in upstate New York. A versatile actor, he could play anything from a priest to a senator to a hotel clerk to a gunfighter to a cranky, cantankerous old codger. His last film was Emperor of the North (1973).

From 1954 to 1979 he appeared in over 150 productions including two episodes of Bonanza.

He died in Beverly Hills of natural causes in 1992 at the age of 85.

His last appearance before a camera was in Little House on The Prairie
as Brewster Davenport in “Angry Heart” in 1979. Grandfather of Tod.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Malcol10
In The Movie "The Birds" 1963
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Malcol11

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Ray Walston was born on December 2, 1914 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and began his acting career in 1939, receiving his first big break when cast as the reporter in the Ben Hecht-Charles MacArthur classic "The Front Page". Later, he came to the New York critics' attention with the play "The Alchemist". Prominent in Walston's career was an association with director George Abbott which included appearing in five productions over a span of 20 years. They began working together in 1949, around the time Walston was cast in "South Pacific". Then, in 1955, Walston won a Tony Award as best male musical comedy star in the Abbott production of "Damn Yankees". Walston came to Hollywood in 1957 for Kiss Them for Me (1957). Since then, his other films have included The Apartment (1960), Portrait in Black (1960), Paint Your Wagon (1969), The Sting (1973), Popeye (1980), Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and O'Hara's Wife (1982). In 1963, he began the television series "My Favorite Martian" (1963), which ran for three years. Ray Walston died at age 86 of lupus on New Year's Day 2001 in Beverly Hills, California.

He was in 151 titles from 1954 to 2001.

I loved when he played Jake Slicker's father on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: LILI VALENTY   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Lili Valenty born in August of 1900 in Lodz, Poland, appeared in a dozen or so Broadway plays in the 30s, 40s and 50s, then went on to enliven a number of routine on-camera projects in her twilight years. Born at the turn of the century, she received her start on the German stage where she became a star. In the early 1930s she emigrated to America and tried to parlay her European success into stardom here. Although she fell quite short, she did launch a moderately successful career on both radio and the Broadway stage. Some of her NY theater productions included "Bitter Stream" (her debut) 1936, "Cue for Passion" (1940), "The Land Is Bright" (1941), "Sky Drift" (1945), and "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" (1950). In 1955 she was a replacement in the role of Baroness Livenbaum in the successful Broadway production of "Anastasia" starring Viveca Lindfors and Eugenie Leontovich, which later went on tour. Lili later transitioned into the film and TV mediums, predominantly in decorative fluff unworthy of her talents. Although she made her film debut in support of Anna Magnani in the melodrama Wild Is the Wind (1957), she continued rather inauspiciously from there with a minor dowager role in Can-Can (1960), and typical ethnic parts in The Story of Ruth (1960), the Troy Donahue / Suzanne Pleshette romantic excursion Rome Adventure (1962), one of Elvis Presley's weaker vehicles Girls! Girls! Girls! (1962), and the Jayne Mansfield "comedy" It Happened in Athens (1962). Sometimes billed as "Lili Valenti", she appeared sparingly after this as various mamas, madames, gypsies, nuns, ballet teachers, and the like on episodic TV.

She died in Los Angeles in 1987 at age 86 and left no survivors.

She was in fifty productions from 1950 thru 1985 including six episodes of Bonanza.

Was In One Episode of Little House. You will probably remember her as the Gypsy woman Caroline went to see regarding the upcoming birth of her child.

A Most Precious Gift - 1978 - Madame Maria

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Lili_v10
Bonanza "The Deadliest Game"
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Lili_b10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ROBERT HOFFMAN   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:38 am

Robert Hoffman, birthdate unknown, had a very short acting career. Between the ages of 5 and 13, he did commercials and acted in one television program.

His most notable role was as Sandy Kennedy on Little House on the Prairie (1974). After graduating from UCLA with a political science degree, he became a Congressional staff member for 12 years, and then a government affairs representative for Oracle Corporation.

He Was In Four Little House Episodes As Sandy Kennedy
Christie Kennedy's Brother - Christie Was Played By Tracie Savage
– The Voice of Tinker Jones
– The Raccoon
– School Mom
– Country Girls

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Robert13
Recent Photo of Robert With The Oracle Corporation
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Robert14

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ALLAN RICH   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Allan Rich, born Benjamin Norman Schultz in February of 1926, is one of the busiest and most recognizable character actors, in Hollywood today, working in all arenas - stage, film and on the small screen.

Through 2006, Allan had been featured in "My Sexiest Year," opposite Frances Fisher and Frankie Muniz, and been interviewed for the documentary "Troupers." In 2005 he appeared in "Rise" with Lucy Liu and Michael Chiklis, "Lies & Alibis" with Steve Coogan and Rebecca Romijn, and "The Man in the Chair," with Christopher Plummer.  Independent features include "The Burial Society" with David Paymer, "The Dog Walker," and "Intoxicating" with John Savage. Other feature film credits include Steven Speilberg's "Amistad," "Disclosure" (as Demi Moore's attorney), and Robert Redford's "Quiz Show." Critic Gary Franklin hailed his performance as Robert Kintner, President of NBC, `one of the Top Five of the Year.' Additional notable performances include the role of Dr. Belfonte, opposite Robin Williams in "Jack," and Bill Adolphe (Halle Berry's lawyer) in "A Rich Man's Wife." Recent television credits include "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as a holocaust `Survivor,' "Living With Fran," "NYPD Blue," "Judging Amy," "CSI," and "The Division."

Allan began his distinguished acting career as a teenager in New York, working with immortals such as Edward G. Robinson, Claude Raines, Ralph Bellamy, Jack Palance, Kim Hunter, Milton Berle, and Henry Fonda. He was enjoying the fruits of his labor until, without warning, his dreams were shattered when the McCarthy Era fell upon the nation and Allan was caught up in the `Red Scare' and blacklisted. With no income, a family to support and with little training outside of the acting profession, Rich cajoled his way onto Wall Street. After five years of buying and selling, he decided to open his own brokerage firm and with fervor, began to collect fine art. With the same drive and determination to master yet another field of endeavor, he soon became an expert in modern art, opening Allan Rich Galleries on Madison Avenue, where he began selling major paintings to important collectors and publishing lithographs of Miro, Calder, and Salvador Dali. His experience with Dali, in 1970, led him to co-write a screenplay "Memories of Surrealism."

Despite his enormous success outside of the entertainment field, Rich, separated from his professional passion, returned to the stage in Ron Ribman's "Journey of the Fifth Horse," with a young Dustin Hoffman. He re-launched his film career in 1973 playing the D.A. in "Serpico" with Al Pacino. One of his main scenes was shown on the Academy Awards. Rich took out ads in the trades and received one call from John Crosby at ICM, who helped reestablished his reputation and went on to appear in more than 75 television shows, MOWs and 68 features that also include "Frances, "Eating Raoul," and "Guilty By Suspicion."

After years of teaching, Allan has developed his own acting technique, his book A Leap From the Method was published in 2011 by Author House. Some of his more famous students include Sharon Stone, Jamie Lee Curtis, Rene Russo, Donna Dixon, Jack Scalia, Alan Thicke and Larry Miller.

In addition, in 1994, Rich co-founded We Care About Kids, a non-profit organization that produces live action educational short films for middle and high school youths on socially relevant topics and  received praise for its efforts from President Clinton, Senator Diane Feinstein, former Speaker of the House, Richard Gephardt, former Governor Gray Davis and poet Maya Angelou.

He appeared in over 123 titles from 1963 thru 2011.

Update: Allan Rich died August 22, 2020 (age 94) in Englewood, New Jersey, USA

He Was in One Little House Episode
The Inheritance – 1978 – As Otto Ripley
The Annoying Reporter

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Alan_r10:
Critic's Comment on Allan Rich's Book
"His new acting book - A Leap From The Method: An Organic Approach To Acting gives aspiring actors the ability to “judge their own work.” It is a clear, simple, straightforward guide to acting and show business. Rich enjoyably took us along his life's journey and walked us through his own experiences and growths as an actor as well as a person. In addition, he illustrated how easy it is for actors to make things difficult when it’s unnecessary to do so".
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Allan_10

Last edited by Davetucson on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:01 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MICHAEL PRINCE   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Michael Prince was born in September of 1922 in Pittsburgh, Pa. He appeared in 42 titles, mostly TV, from 1971 thru 1995. Some of them included Dallas, Twilight Zone, Dynasty and 8 episodes of Paper Chase as Dean Chase to name a few.
He passed away in February of 2000 at the age of 77 in West Hollywood, California.

He was in two Episodes of Little House. Both as an attorney.

In “The Inheritance” he played Roger Whitehead, the attorney for Charles’s supposedly rich uncle who died and whose estate was eventually found to be worthless.

In “He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not Part One”, he played Mr. Carter, Adam Kendall’s Father’s law partner. He informed Adam that his Father’s estate was worthless.

THIS GUY WAS JUST FULL OF GOOD NEWS!

In "The Inheritance" as Roger Whitehead
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Michae14
In "He Loves Me, He Love Me Not" as Mr. Carter
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Michae15

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MARK LENARD   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Mark Lenard was born Leonard Rosenson in Chicago, Illinois, in October of 1924. He was the son of a Russian Jewish immigrant, Abraham, and his wife, Bessie. He joined the United States Army in 1943 and trained to be a paratrooper during World War II but did not see actual combat and was discharged in 1946 as a technical sergeant.

A graduate of the University of Michigan, Lenard got his start on stage. His first notable role was that of Conrad in the John Gielgud production of Much Ado About Nothing. Lenard was best known as the actor who played Spock's father Sarek in Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Animated Series and later in Star Trek: The Next Generation. He was one of the first actors to appear in more than one Star Trek series as the same character and to play more than one character. He played the first Romulan seen on the show and the first Klingon with a ridged forehead. Lenard wanted to appear in Star Trek: The Motion Picture but Sarek was not a character in the film so he was cast as the Klingon commander in the beginning of the film. Lenard did eventually appear as Sarek in supporting roles in three Star Trek feature films: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984); Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986); and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991).

Lenard was also known for roles outside the Star Trek series. He played the prosecutor in Fort Grant in the 1968 Clint Eastwood movie, Hang 'Em High. He also played the character Aaron Stempel in the television series Here Come the Brides, and the hostile gorilla Urko in the television series Planet of the Apes. He had roles in Gunsmoke several times, including the episode "No Where to Run" (1968). He also guest starred in several episodes of the original Mission: Impossible, including one with Leonard Nimoy, and a two-part episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Lenard also played a lead role in the movie Noon Sunday filmed on Guam with costars Keye Luke, TV series star John Russell from Lawman, and character actor Stacy Harris. In 1993, he and fellow Star Trek actor Walter Koenig toured in a production of The Boys in Autumn. Lenard played a late middle aged Huck Finn who reencounters his childhood friend Tom Sawyer after a lifetime apart. Koenig was Sawyer.

Lenard died of multiple myeloma in New York City, New York in 1996 at the age of 72.

He Was On One Episode of Little House
Journey in the Spring – 1976 – As Peter Ingalls – Brother of Charles

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Mark_l10
As "Sarek" Father of Spock - Star Trek
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Mark_l11

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:39 pm

wow.very instersting.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 am

Hey! "Little" Robert Hoffman changed a great deal since he was Sandy Kennedy in LHOTP...But hus smile remianed exactly the same... Smile

Vanesa.

P.S: U didn't know he was in politics..

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jack Lilley   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Jack Lilley, who appeared on just about every episode of Little House
is written about in the attached link. Pretty interesting about what he
he is doing now. Thought I would share it.......
http://www.the-signal.com/section/36/article/70957/

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: NICK RAMUS   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Nickolas G. Ramus, born in September of 1929 in Seattle, Wa., Native American actor, best known for his appearances on television. He was a Blackfoot. He appeared as Chief Lost Eagle of the Arapaho in the miniseries "Centennial" Ramus starred as Red Cloud in Son of the Morning Star. He also appeared in the 1993 TNT film Geronimo about the historical Apache warrior of the same name.

He played Gus Nunouz in 13 episodes of Falcon Crest and had a recurring role as Chief Black Kettle in 10 episodes of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Other TV credits include: Gunsmoke, Northern Exposure, MacGyver and Walker, Texas Ranger.
Ramus starred in the first Native American language film, 1980s Windwalker. He also appeared briefly in the film Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and in the comedy film "Love at Stake" as Chief Wannatoka.

He appeared in 37 titles in a 33 year acting career beginning in 1974 in Gunsmoke and ending in 2007 in the movie Rapturious. His favorite role was in the movie Windwalker in which he played “Smiling Wolf”.

He died on May 30, 2007 in Benson, Arizona at age 77.

One Episode Of Little House
Freedom Flight – 1977 – Little Crow

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Nick_r10
A Beautiful Rendering of "Chief Black Kettle" Character By Louis R. Figue
Nick's Character in Dr. Quinn,Medicine Woman

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Chief_10

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Have you profiled the actor who played Perley Day Wilder?

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 MarilynKeeper David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: CHARLES BLOOM   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Charles Bloom is originally from Los Angeles. He was born to screenwriter, the late Harold Jack Bloom and the late actress, Carolyn Kearney. He studied music theory and composition at NYU.

His cabaret/revue works have been heard in venues all over the world. Among the long list of artists to perform/record songs from his extensive, stylistically diverse catalogue are: Patti LuPone, Mandy Patinkin, Michael Feinstein, Christine Ebersole, B.D. Wong, Cheyenne Jackson, Andrea Marcovicci, Bruce Vilanch, Vicki Lewis, Alix Korey, Lindy Robbins, Aaron Lazar, Barbara Walsh, Matt Castle, Julie Reyburn and Richard Todd Adams.

For the theatre, he has written the book, music and lyrics to Pablo, Insomnia and Heaven Knows and the score to Character Breakdown. Active archives of some of his catalogue for student/faculty use are held by the musical theatre departments of over 25 universities in the US and abroad. The scores to Heaven Knows and Insomnia (Produced and Orchestrated by David Snyder) were both recipients of grants from The Anna Sosenka Trust. His work comprised an entire edition of the popular Australian musical theatre radio show, Broadway at Bedtime, hosted by Will Conyers.

Fall 2012 - Music & Lyrics by Charles Bloom: IN HERE - The first CD of Charles' work for commercial release is slated to launch on 10/1. Recorded by an 18-piece orchestra, the vocalists are: Christine Ebersole, Aaron Lazar, Howard McGillin, Jason Graae, Gregory Jbara, Vicki Lewis, John Dossett, Liz Larsen, Jill Paice, David Burnham, Nikki Renee Daniels, Damon Kirsche, Claybourne Elder, Josh Grisetti, Christy Faber and Ashley Fox Linton. Produced, Orchestrated and Conducted by David Snyder.

He acted in fifteen television titles from 1976 thru 1984. Some of them included Mulligans Stew, Eight is Enough, Battlestar Gallactica, Quincy M.E. and Mork and Mindy to name a few.

He Was In One Episode of Little House
Wilder and Wilder – 1980 – Perly Day Wilder - Almanzo's Brother
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Charle11

Charles Bloom Today
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Charle12

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Wow Dave, that was fast. Thanks.
The recent picture of Charles reminds me of Dean, they look alike. This pic was taken this summer at Laurapalooza in Mankato, MN

They really look like they could be brothers.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Dale_a12

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 MarilynKeeper David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:17 am

Davetucson wrote:
Jack Lilley, who appeared on just about every episode of Little House
is written about in the attached link. Pretty interesting about what he
he is doing now. Thought I would share it.......
http://www.the-signal.com/section/36/article/70957/

Interesting link, and I liked when he said : "..I see no reason to retire...", but I can't just remember him in Little House. Who was he? scratchead

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next