Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tear-jerker Little House episodes

Go down 
+20
Harrietfan
Shell
Ruth
Gin
Teresa
Lynette
Kristina
RoseRed
GrandDuchessOlga
carolineingalls
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
Debbie
LHDaisy
LIWnut
Kathleen Marie
HarrisonCrosby4387
bethandmanly
Carol
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Happy010

Tear-jerker Little House episodes Empty
PostSubject: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 7:05 pm

Well you can say that the entire show was a tear jerker, even when Blanche faked being shot 🤠 ... okay I'm kidding on that one .... Laughing

There were really some silly episodes in Little House... but the show is known to have some really sentimental episodes. Which are the episodes that made you cry? bawling

============

Some that make me cry without fail are:

Look Back to Yesterday and The Last Farewell

Tear-jerker Little House episodes Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:10 am

It would be a much shorter list if you asked me which shows didn't make me cry. But I will list my top 10 in no order:

1) Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow
2) The Lord is My Shepherd
3) The Last Farewell
4) A Child with No Name
4) May We Make Them Proud
5) Look Back to Yesterday
6) The Pilot Movie (when Laura says goodbye to Mr. Edwards)
7) Remember Me
8) Little Girl Lost
9) Times Are Changing
10) Home Again

You'll notice a lot of the episodes that make me cry involve the children. Not too unusual for a mother, I think.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:20 am

Wow, it's hard to think of them all.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:24 am

Richest Man in Walnut Grove, the ending of I'll be Waving as you Drive Away...the episode that always, always makes me weepy is the ending of Laura Ingalls Wilder when they have Eliza Jane talking at the end about how happy she is for Almonzo and Laura and then they show her hugging him. When Season 9 begins always makes me cry (kidddinnnnnng)..... Too many other episodes to list.

Tear-jerker Little House episodes KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 4:37 am

There are so many moments, but these are some that stand out:

- The end of The Last Farewell (I completely broke down over this one)
- When Baby Charles dies in The Lord is My Shepherd
- The end of circus man in season one, for some reason is just really sad...I think it's Melissa Gilbert's face and the music that gets me.
- The end of the Raccoon, when they find out Laura doesn't have rabies
- The Remember Me poem
- A Matter of faith, when Charles, Mary and Laura think Ma is going to die
- Castoffs, when Jack dies
- When Mary's baby dies
- When Charles finds out his mother has died
- When Caroline sees her mother's coffin in the back of the wagon (this one is really heartwrenching)
- Times are changing, as it marks the end of the Ingalls in the Little House
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 7:21 am

There are too many to name but the one that always gets me is The Lord is My Shepherd when Laura sees her Pa coming and they run to meet each other. I know it's coming and try to prepare but it gets me every time.
I always cry when Laura and Charles have a tender moment, especially when she is little. I love the relationship that they had together, both in the show and in the books.
I was watching The Return of Nellie yesterday and cried when Nancy was lost. I hate Nancy! But children crying get to me. She's a better crier than Nellie was.
I cry all the time when this show is on. I cry at happy and sad moments and wierd moments. I cry at the music of Jesus Loves me at the end of the episode where Mary teaches a lesson to Mrs Peal.

Tear-jerker Little House episodes MarilynKeeper Tear-jerker Little House episodes Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 4:37 pm

The Family Tree
Fagin
The end of the Odyssey
Country Girls when that little girl cuts all her hair off
Journey in Spring when Laura's horse gets hurt and has to be shot.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 10:53 am

The Lord is My Sheppard
The Wisdom of Solomon
Fagin
The Craftsman
Sylvia
The Last Summer (don't know if that's the right title, it's the season 9 episode with Jason and Ruthy Leland)
Look Back To Yesterday
The Last Farwell

Tear-jerker Little House episodes DaisyKeeper

Carrie Ingalls: 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus'
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 8:00 pm

There are quite a few. But the one that pops in to my mind right away is Castoffs. When Laura realizes that Jack has died, that just gets to me everytime.bawling

Also, The Last Farewell how could you not tear up when you see our beloved Walnut Grove being destroyed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 12:49 pm

oh there are really too many to name but I agree with most of you: really sad are a lot of parts in The Lord is my Shepherd. What really got me last time I saw it was when Caroline and Charles start reciting the psalter at the doctors office.
You have too know: To show things llike this is very unusual for German TV. My pastor o´nce said: In Germany you can talk about everything on TV, but you'll almost never see uncommented religous faith.
Therefore the episodes where a stron christian believe is shown get me especially, since I'm always amazed and glad that this is at least sometimes still possible.
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Oh my gosh, when Caroline and Charles are repeating the Lord's Prayer when the baby died, is absolutely heartbreaking. I cry every time I see that episode. It was so touching and so believable....

Tear-jerker Little House episodes KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 9:07 am

Kathleen Marie wrote:
Oh my gosh, when Caroline and Charles are repeating the Lord's Prayer when the baby died, is absolutely heartbreaking. I cry every time I see that episode. It was so touching and so believable....

Yeah that is so incredibe sad. The Lord Is My Sheppard was the first episode I cried with.

Tear-jerker Little House episodes DaisyKeeper

Carrie Ingalls: 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus'
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 1:19 pm

In the 2 episodes when Caroline's mother dies, and then Charles' mother dies.......When Caroline goes running to the back of the wagon to greet her mother, only to find the casket rips my heart out everytime, the pain that KG was able to portray, and then the episode when Caroline takes Charles the letter from his pa and he has mixed emotions not knowing if they will visit or if his pa will have reason not to come, and he reads his ma has died......When Charles falls on Caroline's shoulders and crying out "Mama? My mama...." Tears my heart out yet again. ML did a wonderful job portraying a heartbroken 'boy' who has lost his mother..... bawling

Tear-jerker Little House episodes Rhonda10Tear-jerker Little House episodes Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 1:23 pm

Oh there are so many! I went through the episode guide and picked the ones that get to me that most!

- A Harvest of Friends, at the end when Laura and Mary are sitting there with Charles as all the men start to help
- Country Girls, when Laura reads her essay
- The Lord is my Shepherd, when Laura sees Charles coming and they run to each other
- from Centenial, it's when the family from another country (maybe Germany? I really can't remember much about this one I guess), and the man is thrown off his property b/c of back taxes, and he still says how wonderful the country is b/c he can start over brand new here
- The 100 Mile Walk, when Charles goes to talk to Jack's family, and then when he gets home
- Christmas At Plum Creek, at the end - "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!" gets me every time
- The ending of "The Richest Man in Walnut Grove", where Nels tells Charles that he is the richest man in Walnut Grove
- The Pride of Walnut Grove - when Mary comes home, expecting everyone to be disappointed in her but they're all there to greet her and cheer
- The Collection - at the end, when Caleb leaves the church with his wife, changed for the better. I love Johnny Cash and LH so the two together is a tearjerked all on it's own!
- Little Women - when the mother finds out the little girl cut her hair
- The Wisdom of Soloman - so many parts of this episode; what a wonderful little boy and even though he had to leave, it was sad to watch him go
- Gold Country - when Charles gives the sermon, saying he's taking his family home after it's what Caroline has wanted all along
- A Most Precious Gift, when Grace is born
- I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away - aside from the part where Charles tells Mary she's going blind and when it actually happens, the end where she says good-bye to Adam, meets Mrs. Simms in Walnut Grove, and gives the speech at the end
- As Long As We're Together - when Caroline and Charles are in the house in the beginning, when Caroline and Harriet say good-bye, the end between Laura and Mary
- There's No Place Like Home - when Mary talks to Charles and he decides to go home and Caroline is standing off to the side watching, when Charles asks Albert to come with them
- Fagin, when Laura and Charles are crying after Albert ran away, and the end when Laura calls Albert her brother
- The Sound of Children, when the little boy tells Mary he will be her baby
- The Odyssey - when Dillon finally sees the ocean
- The Family Tree - Albert to Charles: "I guess you're stuck with me, Pa"
- May We Make Them Proud - what part of this episode isn't a tearjerked? LOL
- A New Beginning - when Andy's telling Jonathan how he misses his mother, when he and Albert say goodbye
- The Silent Cry - when the little boy speaks at the end
- To See the Light - when Adam sees Mary for the first time
- Sylvia - the very end
- I Do Again - when Charles and Caroline are talking in the woods on their way to their friends'
- A Christmas They Never Forgot - Caroline's, Hester Sue's, and Laura's Christmas memories
- Days of Sunshine/Shadow - when Almanzo walks out of the house to Laura
- Times are Changing - Laura and Charles talking in the beginning, and Charles telling Edwards to take care of his family
- The Last Summer - when Jason's fishing at the end
- Look Back to Yesterday - I cry from beginning to end on this episode!
- The Last Farewell - when Laura is breaking the windows, and when they show each of their faces right before they blow up the town, then when they walk away in the end. Also, all of Reverend Alden's scenes

Tear-jerker Little House episodes ChristinaKeeper2 Tear-jerker Little House episodes 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 pm

I agree with the others..there are so many. A couple stick out in my mind.

-Charles and Caroline's baby dies
- Alice Garvey and Adam Jr. die in the fire
- Jack the dog dies
- Bunny's accident and has to be put down

I can't watch any of the above episodes. bawling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 11:26 am

One more..just because it happened to be on..I would have never remembered it. I'm not a big fan of LHOTP: A New Beginning BUT today's episode "Marvin's Garden", where Jenny has an accident that left her disabled but a retired doctor worked with her and she regained her movement and speech. Anyway, at the very end where she and the doctor are taking a walk, she's back to the way she was before the accident, she's picking some flowers and holds them up for the doctor to smell..you see that he's lost his sight and looks older. I could feel the tears welling up. bawling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 2:35 pm

I agree, this is a very emotional episode, one of the best of the later ones...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 4:49 pm

"Whisper Country" is kind of emotional for me. Even though this particular episode has a happy ending, it feels a little ominous watching it since this is the last episode centering around Mary before she goes blind.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 6:53 pm

I agree about "Whisper Country". I always blow my eyes out when I watch the "Yes, Jesus loves me" scene. A classical tear-jerker.

But the show has a lot of emotional moments. Too many to remark them all!!!! And most of them are related to Mary.

Vanesa.:think:

Tear-jerker Little House episodes Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 3:53 pm

starmonkey wrote:
One more..just because it happened to be on..I would have never remembered it. I'm not a big fan of LHOTP: A New Beginning BUT today's episode "Marvin's Garden", where Jenny has an accident that left her disabled but a retired doctor worked with her and she regained her movement and speech. Anyway, at the very end where she and the doctor are taking a walk, she's back to the way she was before the accident, she's picking some flowers and holds them up for the doctor to smell..you see that he's lost his sight and looks older. I could feel the tears welling up. bawling

Yes, that is really depressing. Blue

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 9:48 am

The Lord Is My Shepherd must have the most tear-jerking scenes of any episode! 🎻

Caroline is pregnant - I cried. bawling
Caroline gives birth to a son - I cried. bawling
Laura feeling jealous - Icried bawling
The baby dying - I howled. bawling
Charles and Caroline reciting Psalm 23 - I roared. bawling
Laura's letter to Charles - So sad bawling
Caroline breaking down when Carrie asked where Laura was - I broke down with her. bawling
Charles crying when he and Mr Edwards were looking for Laura - I sobbed with him bawling
The final scene with Charles finding Laura and apologising to her -That just about finished me off! bawling bawling

But I LOVE this episode too! :Gjob:

Tear-jerker Little House episodes MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 9:57 am

Rhonda wrote:
[color=indigo][b]In the 2 episodes when Caroline's mother dies, and then Charles' mother dies.......When Caroline goes running to the back of the wagon to greet her mother, only to find the casket rips my heart out everytime

It´s been so many years since I´ve seen that episode but I remember that scene vividly. It´s printed in my mind and the change in Caroline´s face from anticipation to see her mother to grief over her death.

I cry EVERY time I watch the Last Farewell when they blow up the town. I can´t help myself.
I also cried in Remember Me when Rev Alden read the poem at the funeral. Reminded me of Michael Landon
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 6:00 pm

The ending of the second half of The Wild Boy. Gets me every time.bawling

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 9:01 am

I just remembered the episode where the kid´s made fun of this fat man without knowing that he was the father of one of their friends. When he then discovered his daughter was embarrassed about him I cried. I felt so sorry for him... Just the looks on his face was heart wrenching...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 3:19 pm

I think each episode had a little something that touches my heat time and tiem again. You would think seeing each episode at least a dozen or more times your heart wouldnt melt all over again and again I find myself reaching for a tissue while watching this episode or that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes Empty

Back to top Go down

Tear-jerker Little House episodes
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next