Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 3 Xmassm4

Downton Abbey - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Almost done with season 2. Is there anywhere online to watch season 3? Netflix only has season 1 and Hulu only has seasons 1 and 2. I HAVE to see season 3! greenS
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Right now you can watch the episodes that have already aired at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/ but they take them down after a while to encourage people to buy the DVDs, so I wouldn't wait long.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 am

Only one more episode on season 2. greenS
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:04 pm

How did Thomas get promoted to "Mr. Barrow" to his fellow servants after the war ended? I know that he was am important member of the army, is that why everyone has to call him by his surname?
Great double episode last night. I am waiting to watch the Christmas special until Sunday. I have the dvd but I'm waiting. I read that something dreadful happens. I have my suspicions but don't want to think about it til next Sunday. It's kinda like Christmas, the fun is in the waiting. After Sunday, we have a whole year to wait until Season 4, ugh!

Downton Abbey - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Didn't Mr. Carson always call him Mr. Barrow? Maybe it's because he became Lord Grantham's valet after Bates was thrown in prison for Vera's murder.

By the way, you can use that year to write some DA fanfics if you have an inkling to do so. Hint. Hint.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Daisy called him Thomas in season 1 and by his army rank in season 2. At the beginning of season 3 she called him Thomas again and he corrected her by saying, "It's Mr. Barrow now". I think Carson called him Thomas in the first season.

I'll leave the fanfic to the professionals.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 am

Yep, I think it changed to Mr. Barrow when he became Lord Grantham's valet.

I know, Marilyn...I can't even believe it's going to take an entire YEAR to see season 4!! The fanfic idea (at least reading it) might not be a bad idea, Cheryl! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

LIWnut wrote:
Great double episode last night. I am waiting to watch the Christmas special until Sunday. I have the dvd but I'm waiting. I read that something dreadful happens. I have my suspicions but don't want to think about it til next Sunday. It's kinda like Christmas, the fun is in the waiting.

Wow, I'm amazed at your willpower, Marilyn. Laughing I could NOT have done what you're doing!! Just a friendly reminder to make sure you post about it in the spoiler thread once we do start talking about it, and we need to wait until the final episode has aired on PBS to talk about it, even in the spoiler thread. Wink (Well, unless it's in 'spoiler text'). I know, it's tough!! Yikes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:29 pm

I think I might have to break my vow and watch it!!! I have nothing to do tonight and it is calling me.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Last episode of the season tonight. bawling

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 pm

I have a season 1 question. What are they talking about when they say that it is Sybill's season? They go to a ball and celebrate something, what is it?

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm almost caught up. I just watched the 5th episode of season 3 last night.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I have a season 1 question. What are they talking about when they say that it is Sybill's season? They go to a ball and celebrate something, what is it?

Isn't that when a girl reaches the age she is eligible to marry? She is presented formally to society as a new adult.

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Going to watch the finale tonight. I can't wait to join in the conversations in the spoiler thread.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 am

What is everyone watching now that we're in between seasons?

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 pm

I am rue watching all of the seasons with my mom, her first time. We are having fun speaking like the English, lol.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 am

I just finished season 1. I ordered season 2 from the library but it could be a while since there were a lot of requests for it.

Downton Abbey - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:57 am

bethandmanly wrote:

I just did a re-watch of all 3 seasons. I'm taking a break for awhile. grinsmiley (I wish I had more time to reply to your in depth post in the spoilers thread---I haven't had much time to be around here as much lately. Soon I hope!!).

LIWnut wrote:
I am rue watching all of the seasons with my mom, her first time. We are having fun speaking like the English, lol.

It's fun picking up more details on the re-watch and fun to share it with others, too! Thumbsup Cheers to you and your mom! Beer (pretend that's tea. batEyes ).

Lori wrote:
I just finished season 1. I ordered season 2 from the library but it could be a while since there were a lot of requests for it.

Hope it comes in soon---I know how hard it is to wait once you've finished a season! What did you think of season 1, Lori?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 am

Other than the unnecessary scene, it was really good. I did think it odd that they jumped two years, but it didn't seem like it since they still referenced things like they just happened. I'd rather have a few more episodes to see what went on in those two years.

Downton Abbey - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Lori wrote:
Other than the unnecessary scene, it was really good. I did think it odd that they jumped two years, but it didn't seem like it since they still referenced things like they just happened. I'd rather have a few more episodes to see what went on in those two years.

I'm with you---I'd actually rather they not jump ahead at all. Sounds like they are slowing down a little for season 4. I'd actually prefer the whole thing take place during the Edwardian era, but that's just me. batEyes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 am

Amy wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

I just did a re-watch of all 3 seasons. I'm taking a break for awhile. grinsmiley (I wish I had more time to reply to your in depth post in the spoilers thread---I haven't had much time to be around here as much lately. Soon I hope!!).

Don't worry about it, Amy. I know you have a lot going on. You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Thank you, Cheryl. Smiley Hug When I have time though, talking "DA" is a good de-stresser for me though. Wink I need to get back to the DA forum---has it been more active or is still pretty dead over there?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Very dead over there. One or two regular posters. Probably doesn't help that the season is done.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Dame Maggie on the today Show

Watch here

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next