Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 4 Love-s10

Downton Abbey - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Yeah, I'm sure you're right Cheryl. They were probably posting like wildfire back when the season was first over. I really hate that we can't all be on the same schedule. Yikes

Thanks for posting that, Marilyn! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:33 pm

I finished season 2 yesterday. I was hoping season 3 was still on the PBS website, but it isn't. Oh, well, season 3 is ordered from the library. I can't wait to see it!

Downton Abbey - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:48 pm

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:32 am

Interesting.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:17 am

I will have to get it on dvd. I've heard it is good. I just have very little time for tv...I record everything I watch now.
My boss has me working Monday nights now and I told him last Monday night that I might just have to dance in the aisles, because he was making me miss DWTS. He told me to do it in the empty ones. GRRRRR!
Its just not the same sometimes watching it AFTER its been on.

I'll check at Target Amy...thanks.

Downton Abbey - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Gin, you will love it. It's so good.

Downton Abbey - Page 4 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Gin wrote:
I will have to get it on dvd. I've heard it is good. I just have very little time for tv...I record everything I watch now.
My boss has me working Monday nights now and I told him last Monday night that I might just have to dance in the aisles, because he was making me miss DWTS. He told me to do it in the empty ones. GRRRRR!

Gin wrote:
Its just not the same sometimes watching it AFTER its been on.

I don't think you'll feel that way with this show. And actually I found Dr. Quinn 12 years after it first aired, lol, and I'm a bigger fan than probably a lot of people who watched it originally. HeeHee I'm with Marilyn, you will love this show. Thumbsup The first season is pretty cheap too. Or you could check your library before investing, maybe. Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:56 pm

You can get it on iTunes.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks for the tip Marilyn. I will look for it soon. I might have more time to watch this summer. School is almost out and I wont be running Madison all the time.

Downton Abbey - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:45 am

It's on Hulu & Netflix, too. But I've read that Netflix is going to stop streaming the first season at the end of June. If you can't find it anywhere, though, let me know and you can borrow mine. Downton Abbey - Page 4 70708
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Downton Season 4 Air Date

So, we will have to wait til Jan 5th to see what happens next to our famourite English family. Do I remember correctly someone saying that they saw the show before it aired in the States from a friend in the UK? (Lisa or Amy) What luck if this is true.

I got a Downton Abbey book for my birthday, Chronicles of Downton Abbey, A New Era. I already had the other one, The World of Downton Abbey. I love them both.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:13 am

Marilyn, I'm jealous that you have both books!!!!

Check this out:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:02 am

Any, that video is not available in my country. What does dear "Anna" have to say? I'm so jealous of you guys.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:50 pm

My copy of The World of Downton Abbey arrived this week!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:09 pm

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I think I have these on my Amazon wish list. I'll have to check.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Doing another rewatch.  I can't stay away from this show.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:31 pm

I hear you, Marilyn!  I actually like it better and better with each re-watch.Wink

Hey, I saw on the news tonight that Paul Giamatti is joining the cast!  Well, for a guest appearance anyway, like Shirley McClain but hopefully must more likeable, ahem.Whistle  Paul played John Adams in case you're not aware of who he is.  He's a fantastic actor.  Not sure if they're going to bring him back from season 5 or not.  He character is Cora's brother.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:31 pm

I read that but I have no idea who he is.  He is to play Cora's brother in the Christmas special along with the revisiting Shirley McLaine.  Awesome!

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:06 pm

I found this article that helps explain what the entail is all about.  Very interesting.

Downton Abbey Entail explained

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:44 am

That was a good article.  I did have some idea about what was going on since I read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility last summer.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:41 am

Interesting!  I'm reading a book about life in the Middle Ages, and it seems that women in England prior to the Norman Invasion in the year 1066 actually had more socio-economic advantages than they did in the age of Downton Abbey, 850 years later!  Here are some random quotes:

Anglo-Saxon women had the power to own property in their own right.  At marriage, a woman received a 'morning gift' from her husband, which might include land which was hers to sell or bequeath as she wished... Within marriage, finances were the property of husband and wife...

Women owned substantial estates in their own right, one example being Elfgifu, who owned fifteen estates around Buckinghamshire in 970 AD.  By the 1060s, her property totaled 27,000 acres, and she was an immensely wealthy woman...

Over 25% of surviving Anglo-Saxon wills are by women bequeathing their own property.  By contrast, after the Norman Conquest, women couldn't make a valid will without their husband's consent...

Women had full access to the courts to enforce their rights and settle disputes..

Surviving laws and marriage contracts reveal that women had a significant amount of protection within marriage.  A woman had to be in agreement with the proposed marriage, and was not liable for any actions by her husband...

Overall, the evidence suggests that the average Anglo-Saxon wife was valued and respected and had her economic rights safeguarded.  Wills show many men leaving valuable property to female relations...
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:47 pm

I have never read Jane Austin's books but am beginning to think that I should. I found free copies for my Kindle app on my iPad so maybe I will tackle them this summer.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 am

I think you would like them, Marilyn.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next