Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Bokmal10

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:59 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I have a copy of a vhs tape of the episode where the families leave Winoka and head back home.  There is a scene on the vhs tape where Jonathan gets fired from the saloon.  It isn't on the original dvd's so I hope that it's on the new ones.  On the old ones when the fireworks go off, Standish asks Nels to help him carry water and he says, "I don't work here anymore, remember."

Both scenes on DVD's....
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Theres10
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Theres11
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Theres12

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:40 am

Deleted Scene in The New DVD's.......

There is a very touching scene in There's No Place Like Home Part 2 that takes place right after Charles and Jonathon see the stroke stricken Lars.  They walk out of Doc Baker's office and have a conversation. In the old DVD you just see them walking up the street.......
  DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Theres13
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Theres14
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Theres15

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:32 pm

In Part 2 of To Live With Fear it shows Caroline working in the laundry room of the hospital. I had it on video from years ago. I'm happy it's in this version now.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:39 pm

I bought season 3 on Thursday. I am happy they are finally realeasing the uncut episodes. My favorite epsode from season 3 is Fred.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Chris40 wrote:
In Part 2 of To Live With Fear it shows Caroline working in the laundry room of the hospital. I had it on video from years ago. I'm happy it's in this version now.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Laundr10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 2:46 pm

The Wisdom of Solomon - Deleted Scene

Charles giving Solomon a bath in the morning just before he is going to school for the first time. Scene is right after Charles and Caroline go to sleep. Old DVD cuts right to school........
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Wisdom10

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks Dave for postings the screen caps from the different episodes. If I knew how to do it I would do it.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 10:39 pm

No prob Chris! keep em coming, fun to do!

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:45 am

I love how they put scenes back in. Sometimes cut scenes are not a big deal, other times, they add a lot to the story.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:51 am

littlehouselover wrote:
I love how they put scenes back in. Sometimes cut scenes are not a big deal, other times, they add a lot to the story.

JUST MY OPINION............

You bring up a very interesting point......Personally, I think Michael would have been very unhappy with the original DVD's.....
As you said, "sometimes they are not a big deal". But sometimes they are........

Case in point......

1. Albert asking Charles if he could call him Pa.......to cut that out was a crime.....one of the sweetest scenes ever filmed on LHOTP. I think it was an integral part of the story........

2. Laura and Albert saying goodbye in Family Tree......terribly emotional and truly a big part of the story....

3. Charles giving Solomon a bath just before he goes to school and Laura walking in......was truly funny and demonstrated how much Charles thought of Solomon......

4. The conversation between Jonathon and Charles about Lars after he had his stroke........Heartfelt stuff........

5. Caroline working in the Laundry in "To Live With Fear". Demonstrated how desperate they really were for money..

6. The extended conversation between Albert and Charles in "Home Again" where Albert talks about dunking Nancy, obviously higher than a kite. Really drove home the point that he had a BIG problem.    

And these are just what we've discovered so far............

I'm not a film editor, but it seems to me that if you need more commercial time, cut out scenes of a wagon coming down the street, or a sunset, or a scene not integral to the telling of the story.......I really don't need to see a long shot of Charles talking to a farmer when I could hear a heartfelt conversation between he and Jonathon......

But, the main thing is that we have them now, and that's a wonderful thing!

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Men Will Be Boys   DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Did you know that Albert and Andy almost gave up in "Men Will Be Boys"? I didn't.....This scene takes place just before you see them discover the raspberries. They were actually headed back towards the lake that they caught the fish in.........Click enlarge the image to see the captions better....

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Men_ex10
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Men_ex12

And that's not all.......These scenes are also deleted in the old DVD's.......One of Mrs. Chandler talking before Albert and Andy get to the boardinghouse, and one of Andy telling Albert how good he is after going to bed......

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Men_ex13

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:55 pm

I'm watching Bunny. Then I'm going to watch The Race. I agree with Dave that Michael probably would have been unhappy that cut episodes were released. I like seeing the missing scenes. I will be happy when the other seasons gets released. Ready to see Albert. I'm also looking forward to missing scenes in I Do, Again. I'm anxious to hear what Charles says to Caroline after he tells they will have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

A review of the old season 3 DVD on Amazon said The Race was missing a couple scenes. One is where Laura said she is sorry about getting Mary in trouble and Mary says it's ok, just beat Nellie Oleson on Saturday. The other one is where Laura is only eating her vegetables and gives her chicken and dumplings to Pa because she wants to keep her weight down for the race. These scenes are in the new release, but I haven't personally verified that they were missing from the old DVD.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Shell wrote:
I'm watching Bunny. Then I'm going to watch The Race. I agree with Dave that Michael probably would have been unhappy that cut episodes were released. I like seeing the missing scenes. I will be happy when the other seasons gets released. Ready to see Albert. I'm also looking forward to missing scenes in I Do, Again. I'm anxious to hear what Charles says to Caroline after he tells they will have a good time.

Ready to see Albert? Well, he's right around the corner in glorious Hi Definition!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Hi_def10

Last edited by Davetucson on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 pm

I am watching The Race too and the other new scene is where the two men are saying that they will beat each other and Dorffler says that he is betting on Laura. They say, "That little girl?"

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 5:11 pm

I like Albert when he was really little. He was so cute. He was nice looking as he got older but by the time he left the show, he had lost his cuteness. (Sorry Albert lovers)

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:00 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I like Albert when he was really little. He was so cute.  He was nice looking as he got older but by the time he left the show, he had lost his cuteness.  (Sorry Albert lovers)

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 I_r_210

Last edited by Davetucson on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:15 pm

I agree, re the deleted scenes, some edits seem very amateur..why not cut a long pull back or walk (which Michael seemed to like) than a conversation that adds so much or a scene like the tub or talk with Albert?
Bigger minds might know but it doesn't seem logical.

Can't wait to get next set of DVD's.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Davetucson wrote:
I'm not a film editor, but it seems to me that if you need more commercial time, cut out scenes of a wagon coming down the street, or a sunset, or a scene not integral to the telling of the story.......I really don't need to see a long shot of Charles talking to a farmer when I could hear a heartfelt conversation between he and Jonathon......

You'd think that would be common sense for the editors, but I guess not. Back in the '80s I used to watch MASH reruns on an independent station out of Detroit. Not only did they have the syndication cuts, they also chopped out chunks of the show to make room for local commercials. If I hadn't seen the episodes before, I wouldn't have been able to even figure out the plots. They would actually cut to commercials while the characters were in the middle of a line!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Davetucson wrote:
LIWnut wrote:
I like Albert when he was really little. He was so cute.  He was nice looking as he got older but by the time he left the show, he had lost his cuteness.  (Sorry Albert lovers)

That's exactly what Paul Petersen said about the pllght of male child actors....and why most of them never progress past that. "The females get prettier, and we get older".

I agree, but some girls suffer from that too. On Cosby, his youngest wasn't as cute as she got older so his daughter married and got a new cute little girl to fill the void. But I do see that happen in many cases.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Rob wrote:
Davetucson wrote:

You'd think that would be common sense for the editors, but I guess not.  Back in the '80s I used to watch MASH reruns on an independent station out of Detroit.  Not only did they have the syndication cuts, they also chopped out chunks of the show to make room for local commercials.  If I hadn't seen the episodes before, I wouldn't have been able to even figure out the plots.  They would actually cut to commercials while the characters were in the middle of a line!

That drives me crazy now with the old shows, we went from 2 minute commercial breaks to 5 (or more) and they randomly just cut conversations. I still see that with MASH, G. Girls, etc. Hopefully the commercials wont get longer!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:43 pm

I'll be looking for lost scenes all day tomorrow......

Last edited by Davetucson on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 pm

That's why I've tried so hard all my life to avoid anything resembling fame or fortune. yes
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

I just bought the complete series in HDX on Vudu for $39.99.  I would rather own physical copies on Blu-ray, but I couldn't pass up that price for something that looks 10 times better than the old DVDs.  

Here are a few screenshots from Sweet Sixteen.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 111

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 211

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 311

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 411

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 511
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:09 am

Well, its nice to know that someone is just as bad as me Toby. That's is for sure a deleted scene! Kind of hard to pass up when you know they are there!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 14 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next