Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Happy010

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Right, just a slight difference. HeeHee

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 am

Bad news I found another missing scene from Child Of Pain when Ma looks at Pa in church to try and help Graham father. It skips to Ma talking to Graham outside there house. On the old DVDs it shows Graham inside the house sitting on the floor petting Jack and the girls were setting the table for supper. They were talking about having chicken pie for dinner. This is on the old DVDs from aims idiom not on the new ones from Lions Gate that's the 3rd missing scene now from season 1. Makes me so mad I just wish was a truly uncut version available to watch.
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 12:32 pm

On Family Quarrel on the old DVD set. When they show the end titles it has Laura jumping up in the air and then coming back down that was not on the new Blu Rays either. That's not a big issue though. So almost done with season 1 4 more to go now.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Chris40 wrote:
Bad news I found another missing scene from Child Of Pain when Ma looks at Pa in church to try and help Graham father. It skips to Ma talking to Graham outside there house. On the old DVDs it shows Graham inside the house sitting on the floor petting Jack and the girls were setting the table for supper. They were talking about having chicken pie for dinner. This is on the old DVDs from aims idiom not on the new ones from Lions Gate that's the 3rd missing scene now from season 1. Makes me so mad I just wish was a truly uncut version available to watch.

It doesn't surprise me that the Blu-ray has missing scenes from Child of Pain since it is the only season 1 episode where the old DVD has a longer run time (48:54) than the Blu-ray (48:04). I don't know why they would intentionally leave scenes out unless some of the film they used for the restoration was damaged and not usable. In the season 4 Blu-ray, the opening credits of I'll Be Waving as You Drive Away: Part 2 are in SD while the rest of the episode is in HD which leads me to believe that the original film elements for the opening were damaged.

The only other season 1 episodes that were even close in run times were The Circus Man (old DVD 48:52, Blu-ray 49:06) and Money Crop (old DVD 48:54, Blu-ray 49:06), which were the episodes right before and right after Child of Pain. I didn't do comparisons to see if the Blu-rays were missing scenes in those, but I suspect that those three episodes weren't sped up like the rest of the season 1 episodes were and that Child of Pain was the only one of the three missing scenes on the Blu-ray.

I'm still happy with the restored versions because of the unbelievable picture quality and because it seems that the number of scenes that have been added far outweighs the amount of scenes that have been found to be missing. I am curious if there are scenes from any other seasons missing on the Blu-rays but I haven't even done run time comparisons on any episodes outside of season 1 yet.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm very happy so with Blu ray vision. It's so crisp and new then the old versions. Just disappointed that's it's not truly uncut that's all. I watch Money Crop and Survival today. I know those were full uncut episodes. I just question To See The World and Founder's Day. i will try and watch them this week.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 am

Davetucson wrote:
Gin wrote:
I can not wait to start doing drawings from these dvds.  The images are SO clear.  
  I LOVE that one of Albert.

Hey Gin!

I splurged when I got to Alabama and bought a 55" Ultra Hi Def Smart TV with a curved screen. Purchased the entire season on VUDU, so I can stream them right to the television.....The picture is Incredible! Looks like they shot it yesterday......

Awesome!  By the way, what TV is it?  By any chance, does it have Auto Motion Plus (that's what it's called on Samsung, not sure on other TV)?
Turning that on looks like you are actually on the set watching the series being filmed, it's crazy!! lol  I love it  grinsmiley

Davetucson wrote:
Just a SLIGHT difference!

OLD

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Albert10
NEW
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Al_310

thud Laughing

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:34 pm

I finish season 1 with To See the World and Founder's Day. Was 2 or 3 scenes on To See The World that the old DVDs didn't have. Founders Day had the full scenes. Started with season 2 everything is the same for The Richest Man in Walnut Grove.

Chris
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Good! At least I know that nothing is missing from my favorite episode! Laughing

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:44 am

I plan to pick up one of the seasons in the remastered DVD format soon. I get free gift cards from using my credit card and I almost have enough points to get a gift card. I have to decide what season to get first, right now I am thinking season 1.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 am

Took this pic directly off TV yesterday.....VUDU HDX......"Harriet's Happenings" Awesome quality!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Albert11

And One From "As Long As Were Together"

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Al1210

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:35 am

You are making me very excited to get my first remastered DVD set... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:24 am

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
You are making me very excited to get my first remastered DVD set... Laughing

As Well You Should Be!

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:29 am

Right! I plan to order it the middle of April... I think it is going to be season one. I am so excited! yesss

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 pm

I finished season 2 of Little House I think it's safe to say I think it was all uncut through season 2. It had the scenes from Remember Me that wasn't on the older DVDs. I seen them before on TV years ago. I would have it at least 90 percent everything was there in season 2.

Chris
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:07 am

Anyone have both the remastered DVDs and Blu-ray? I saw the picture comparisons that Toby posted back a number of pages and it seems the Blu-ray is a little sharper than the remastered DVDs. But it is hard to tell from the picture alone. Anyway, I plan to pick up my first remastered DVD set very soon... it's still way better than the old DVDs, plus you get the deleted scenes! yes

I don't have a Blu-ray player, so unfortunately that isn't an option. I am just wondering if anyone has found the differences between the two very noticeable.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:16 am

Everybody has their own opinion....Personally, I think Blu Ray is way over rated.......And I've said this before. IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU AR WATCHING IT ON.........................

I have a Blu Ray player on a Hi Def Smart TV.........Blu Ray players enhance DVD's..........In my mind when watching them. and I've watched both, there is very little difference...........

But that s just one person's opinion.......

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:26 am

Thanks Dave... I actually watch them on my computer, and I am not going to pay for a Blu-ray player and all too. If you think there is little difference between the remastered DVDs and the Blu-ray, I trust your opinion. Smile

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:37 am

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
Thanks Dave... I actually watch them on my computer, and I am not going to pay for a Blu-ray player and all too. If you think there is little difference between the remastered DVDs and the Blu-ray, I trust your opinion. Smile

This is a pic of Willie in "May I Have This Dance". It is Not Blu Ray.....Remastered Hi Def......I don't know how you get better....
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Willie10
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Willie11

Albert  May We Make Them Proud
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Dscn0412
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Dscn0413

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:49 am

That's all the remastered DVD? That is very good... no, you can't get better than that! Thanks, I am sure I won't be disappointed!

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm on season 3 now. I have seen the first 6 episodes. The Collection, Bunny, The Race, Little Girl Lost, The Monster of Walnut Grove and Part 1 of Journey in the Spring. There are a few missing scenes from The Monster of Walnut Grove that are not on the old set. One with Laura downstairs talking to ma and ma saying we had your favorite meat pie for supper and custard pie for dessert. But ma said you didn't eat much at all. And then Laura brings up about Mr. Oleson cutting off Mrs. Oleson's head then it picks up from there like the old DVDs did. So far I think everything is there in season 3 that I have seen. It's so much brighter and clearer on The Monster of Walnut Grove the old one was so dark and hard to see some of the scenes at night. You can see the Owl in this new version. When Laura and Carl were waiting for Willie to put the candle in the window.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 am

I just pre-ordered season 5. I can hardly wait to get it and see all the missing scenes and that cutie Albert. Smile
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 am

Shell wrote:
I just pre-ordered season 5. I can hardly wait to get it and see all the missing scenes and that cutie Albert. Smile

You Are In For A Treat!

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Shell_10
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Shell_11

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Shell wrote:

You Are In For A Treat!

Smile Thumbsup hat is awesome how you write quotes in the pictures, Dave. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Shell wrote:

You Are In For A Treat!

Smile Thumbsup That is awesome how you write quotes in the pictures, Dave. Well done.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 am

I just placed my order for the season 1 remastered DVDs.... I can't wait!!! Bliss happy1

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 20 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next