Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question About Bunny

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Question About Bunny Empty
PostSubject: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 8:41 pm

I know the Bunny storyline very well -- from Laura trading her to Mr. Oleson for the stove in "Christmas at Plum Creek" to Bunny's unfortunate demise in "Journey in the Spring" -- but I'm missing one piece of the story. When and how did Laura acquire Bunny in the first place? Was it ever mentioned in the show? I don't remember it. These questions occurred to me last night as I was watching "The Award". In one scene, Laura walks by and pats a horse on the head. And then there's the scene where Mary falls asleep in the barn and knocks over a lantern, starting a fire. Caroline comes out to lead a horse and a cow out of the barn before putting out the fire. Was this horse Bunny?

Question About Bunny JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Question About Bunny LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Question About Bunny Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:49 pm

If I remember correctly, I think Laura acquired Bunny in the two-hour Pilot movie.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 3:45 am

Thats what i was thinking to, they traded there original horses for to different one's, one they named Pet and the other Patty, Patty was pregnaunt when they got her. I was thinking that bunny was the baby Horse that Patty had.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:04 am

Quote :
I was thinking that bunny was the baby Horse that Patty had.

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that, but that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Question About Bunny Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 10:28 am

Chris wrote:
Thats what i was thinking to, they traded there original horses for to different one's, one they named Pet and the other Patty, Patty was pregnaunt when they got her. I was thinking that bunny was the baby Horse that Patty had.

Yeah I believe that's correct Thumbsup

Question About Bunny Horses10
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:06 pm

and they named her Bunny because she had floppy ears when she was born, if I recall.

You remain responsible.. Forever...
For what you have tamed.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Question About Bunny Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 4:27 pm

You are all correct. You can read the real story of Bunny's birth at the beginning of Little House On The Prairie, the LH book written by Laura, lol.

Question About Bunny MarilynKeeper Question About Bunny Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:53 pm

I should have waited a day before posting my question, as today I watched part I of "The Lord Is My Shepherd". Mary and Laura are discussing how the baby would be born, and after Mary says that she heard it comes in a big egg and you have to crack it open with a rock Huh? and Caroline replies that isn't true, Laura says, "I told you, it's just like when my pony was born. Isn't that right, Ma?" It's interesting that Laura said "my pony" instead of "Bunny". I'm also amused that Mary would believe that story about having to crack open the egg. That sounds like something Carrie would fall for.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bunny   Question About Bunny Empty

Back to top Go down

Question About Bunny
Page 1 of 1