Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)

Go down 
+6
Carol
jes9
ChristinaAL
GrandDuchessOlga
Vanesa
bethandmanly
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want to rewrite Season 9
Yes, and I would help write it.
Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 37% [ 7 ]
Yes, but I would only be a reader.
Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 11 ]
No, it is great the way it is.
Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Happy011

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 7:32 pm

For One thing throw out Jenny and Keep the Carters cause i don't think Royal and his wife would be someone who would wanna move in to the Ingalls House with out a Watercloset or anything just a House

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Jacobk10Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Carol wrote:
On the list Cheryl posted, there are a lot of episodes that would be tossed out...
How about doing episodes of the Ingalls and THEIR lives to the new place they went to.... I would have liked to see more of Carrie & Grace and also have them not be so absent from Walnut Grove...

Maybe some of the episodes can mention Albert's involvement w/ bad association that would lead him to take drugs...

Great idea, Carol! It would be fun to write about the Ingalls' lives in the city. Maybe we could even incorporate some of it into "Times Are Changing" or some early episode.

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 11:24 pm

We're really getting ahead of ourselves, but it is fun to think of all the possibilities. Here's one to think about--does the Ingalls family need to leave Walnut Grove or can they stay?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 8:20 am

Carol wrote:
If we throw Jenny out, that means the episode where she tries to drown herself will be out and that's one of the hightlights of season 9, that you get to see her trying to kill herself. Laughing I'm kidding! lol

ROTFL Seriously, I'm ROTFL !

Take Jenny out! Frying pan Take Jenny out!! Frying pan Take Jenny out!! Frying pan Who's with me?! Cheer

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 5:05 pm

Jenny Git git gone lol I don't know i don't want her to Stay she Kind of Reminds me Rose in the Rose years but She's not rose or Laura she's just made up Daughter of Royals But I Like the Carters they don't want to take in the Ingalls place and For me they don't and I like it that the Wilders had some friends there own age

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Jacobk10Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Hmm...if the Ingalls were to stay, pretty much every episode we decide to keep will be differents. Ones like "Home Again" wouldn't make sense if the Ingalls never left WG. I think it would be fun to write about their lives in the city to with new storylines, but, if majority rule is to have them stay I'm okay with that too. I'm sure we'll come up with good storylines no matter what :)

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Yes: keep Jenny out of the show. This character is awful! I wish we could have a little Rose inestead of her. It will make much more sense to see Rose fighting to Nancy than Jenny doing the same. But Rose should be a little less "cheesy" than Jenny's character was.

I wish that Mr. Montague could be introduced in the show in some way. Iliked his discussions with Isaiah . They were just the opposite, but in the deep, they were friends.

As for the Carters...I don't know. They doesn't bothers me, but I don't like them a lot either. They could be there or not be. Keep them or make them leave. It's exactly the same for me. But my condition is that THEY SHOULD NOT BE LIVINT AT INGALLS HOUSE. NEEEEEVEEEERRRR. :sillySmiley: mad Ranting :bash:

Vanesa. :Hahaha:

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 9:31 pm

Vanesa wrote:

I wish that Mr. Montague could be introduced in the show in some way. Iliked his discussions with Isaiah . They were just the opposite, but in the deep, they were friends.

We have to keep Montague. He was one of the best characters. I just loved him!

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 11:59 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Vanesa wrote:

We have to keep Montague. He was one of the best characters. I just loved him!

He was so funny. Maybe we could introduce him earlier on so he could be in some more episodes...and have more of a *friendship* with Mr. Edwards, they were too funny in any scenes they had together.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Good idea. I wish we could have seen more of him. So, yes...why not introduce him earlier? It should be nice.

Other "change" I will add, is that I wish more episodes with Nellie in. I love Nellie interacting with Nancy! Laughing

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:16 am

Well, I wanted to get back with you on this Cheryl, so you could have a better idea of who's going to help you write. Unfortunately, it's going to have to be a 'no' for me. I would have really enjoyed it if I knew I could find the time, but I just can't commit right now. We have a bunch of DIY home improvement projects currently under way, and I think my 'spare' time is going to be spoken for. Good luck with the project though, and I do hope to be a reader!

I'll go vote on the other polls now...

*EDIT*, back for the poll voting. Thumbsup I have to contribute one thing. WHAT if we just KEEP the Ingalls on Plum Creek?! I know it means re-writing virtually everything in order to include them, but gosh, isn't this what we ALL wanted to see in Season 9?! Just a thought. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 6:38 pm

I would have liked to have seen more of the Ingalls during season 9 -- the whole family, not just Charles and Albert. I wonder how they were able to adapt and apparently be happy in the city when Winoka was such a misfit. How do Albert, Carrie, James, and Cassandra get along in school? What are their friends like? Well, we already know about Albert's "friends", but what about those of Carrie, James, and Cassandra? This seems like a good opportunity to develop the Carrie character. Does she like to fish and play baseball like Laura, or does she like to study late at night like Mary? Carrie was part of the show for eight years, and about the only thing we know about her is she likes sugar on her berries. And let's not forget about Bandit.

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:49 pm

And Carrie Loves the Outhouse lol

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 8:32 pm

i'd help write it... i know i'm not the best

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 12:49 pm

jes9 wrote:
I would have liked to have seen more of the Ingalls during season 9 -- the whole family, not just Charles and Albert. I wonder how they were able to adapt and apparently be happy in the city when Winoka was such a misfit. How do Albert, Carrie, James, and Cassandra get along in school? What are their friends like? Well, we already know about Albert's "friends", but what about those of Carrie, James, and Cassandra? This seems like a good opportunity to develop the Carrie character. Does she like to fish and play baseball like Laura, or does she like to study late at night like Mary? Carrie was part of the show for eight years, and about the only thing we know about her is she likes sugar on her berries. And let's not forget about Bandit.

That is what I would like to see too, (if we decide to still have them leave and not stay in WG, which is also a good idea). It would be an opportunity to develop the characters of the younger children as well as see how the children really adjust to the city. I'm obviously partial to Albert (LOL), but I would really have liked to have seen where he met the kids he was hanging out with and how his morphine addiction developed. Also, maybe the entire family could return to WG to visit at times. Or, maybe Laura and Almanzo and Rose (dare I say, without Jenny?) could go visit in the city?

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 5:34 pm

Yes! I wish that Almanzo and Laura could go to De Smet visit their family...

And by the way...could we also ADD some episodes to replace the pones we will toss out? :think:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 5:58 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Yes! I wish that Almanzo and Laura could go to De Smet visit their family...

And by the way...could we also ADD some episodes to replace the pones we will toss out? :think:

Vanesa.

I hope so. I think we're all creative enough to come up with some good ones! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 8:32 pm

We will definitely add new episodes so that we have a full season. I bet ths is going to be a blast.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 7:52 am

Over the next week I plan on putting together the ideas we have come up with to see if we can move this rewrite to the next step. I will list how all the polls turned out and the ideas we have come up with so that we can decide how to approach this project.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 10:28 pm

Wow, Cheryl! I'm almost scared thinking about the great amount of work we must do after the nex week!!! Type 🤢 ROTFL

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:03 am

Here are the poll results listed by episode:

Times Are Changing (Parts 1 & 2) - KEEP, BUT CHANGE
Welcome to Olesonville - KEEP
Rage - KEEP, BUT CHANGE
Little Lou - OUT
The Wild Boy (Parts 1 & 2) - OUT
The Return of Nellie - KEEP
The Empire Builders - OUT
Love - KEEP, BUT CHANGE
Alden's Dilemma - tied b/w KEEP & KEEP, BUT CHANGE
Marvin's Garden - OUT
Sins of the Fathers - OUT
The Older Brothers - OUT (Thank God)
Once upon A Time - KEEP, BUT CHANGE
Home Again - KEEP
A Child with No Name - KEEP
The Last Summer - OUT
For the Love of Blanche - OUT (Thank God again!)
May I Have This Dance? - KEEP
Hello & Goodbye - Poll says KEEP, BUT CHANGE yet we don't have the Wild Boy episode any longer

Okay, where do we go from here? I am going to post a few new polls regarding characters. Keep in mind, if we eliminate characters like Jenny and the Carters, then more episodes might need to be tossed out.

I am also going to post a poll about how we want to handle rewrites. I feel it would be easiest for each of us to take one episode and rewrite it, based upon some of the ideas talked about in these threads and our own ideas too. But I will leave it up to you, if you decide you want to work together.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 9:12 pm

This is my little reminder that anyone is welcome to vote in the polls for the Season 9 rewrite. You don't have to be writing it to share your opinion. Your ideas will help us form how the season unfolds.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 am

This is how all the polls ended up and how Season 9 will look in the new version:

* Tie between keeping the Ingalls family in Walnut Grove and having them move to De Smet, SD. [Need to talk about this more.]

* The Carters still move to WG, but live in another house

* The Wilder family (Manly, Beth, Rose) stay in the house that Almanzo built

* Mr. Montague is introduced earlier in the season and lives in the hotel

* Matthew Rogers is eliminated

* We add Mayor Lem McCary to more episodes, making him a regular member of the town (anyone else notice if you switch the "a" and "r" in this character's last name it spells McCray?)

* The Wilder family (Royal and such) visit WG, but do not stay (we have not established who the Wilder family is because most of the selections were a tie)

* Each writer will take one episode and write it as a stand alone episode (like on the show). People can work together on an episode if they want.

Right now, this is who we have for writers:

Myself
Vanesa
Christina

And maybes or don't know how much they can contribute are:

Susie, Annika, Carol, and Amy (took the last two from the original poll)

I don't know that we can take this too much farther until we know what is up with the Ingalls and which episodes will be impacted by the absence of Jenny (if she is not inlcuded in the Wilder family). We know that we want the Wilders to visit and not stay, but Jenny is in most of the season 9 episodes, so when do the Wilders show up and how long do they stay, is something we need to know.

If we do decide to move forward, I would like to be able to take the first episode of Season 9, but I if someone else wants to start us off, that's fine too.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 am

Sounds good Cheryl.
I will be happy to contribute and come up w/ some ideas to see what you think Thumbsup

I think it's better for the Ingalls family to move to DeSmet because wont it be there were Albert gets into bad association and opens up the episode for Home Again?

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 11:49 am

Carol wrote:
Sounds good Cheryl.
I will be happy to contribute and come up w/ some ideas to see what you think Thumbsup

I think it's better for the Ingalls family to move to DeSmet because wont it be there were Albert gets into bad association and opens up the episode for Home Again?

Cool!

I agree with you, Carol. The Ingalls family must be away from WG to set up Home Again, and I really like this episode.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)   Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 9 rewrite (updated 7/22/08)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next