Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happened to Carrie?

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Savannah
Carol
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 6:27 pm

I have heard that Carrie was killed off of the show, however, I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode and I don't remember that.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 9:25 pm

She was on the show but as she grew up, she appeared less and less

Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 6:15 pm

They sure didn't give her much in the way of lines................."I gotta go". ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 6:53 pm

Savannah wrote:
They sure didn't give her much in the way of lines................."I gotta go". ROTFL

:haha: or... "I already did.." hehe

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 pm

ROTFL Applause
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 10:41 pm

She got to whine, "I'm gonna tell Ma" and couple times too.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 pm

ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 11:39 pm

:lol!:

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptySat Sep 23, 2006 7:16 pm

LOL yeah it seemed like she was always running to the outhouse (or not making it there in time in some cases :unsure:)
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 9:29 am

alc wrote:
I have heard that Carrie was killed off of the show, however, I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode and I don't remember that.

Nope, Carrie was (fortunately) never killed off! Yes, she was annoying, but I don't think I would have survived through that storyline! bawling Their newborn son died though...maybe that's what you're thinking of? :think:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 12:54 pm

That *would* have been an awful storyline, wouldn't it! affraid

I still think they could have done some work with the twins, given them acting lessons, and then slowly increased the depth of the character. Or at *least* stop giving her baby-lines. No
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 10:20 pm

I read that Greenbush twins were not perfect actresses, so Michael Landon choose to gave less and less lines to them when they began to grow up. Well, it seems that when they were toddler their cuteness were good enough to portray the littlest of the Ingallses sisters, but when they became older they weren't able to act as well as the two Melissas and they were "erased" of the storyliness little by little... scary tv

Vanesa.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptySun Dec 10, 2006 3:56 pm

I remember in "A Promise to Keep", when Rose is getting baptized, Carrie looks right at the camera! Huh? Maybe the girls were just nervous, and they didn't have as much experience as MG and MSA when they started on the show, they were just little girls and grew up on the show, not really getting experience acting. I thought Carrie was pretty decent in "A Christmas They Never Forgot" though (it was on the other night, that's why I remember so well! :)

Carrie - What happened to Carrie? ChristinaKeeper2 Carrie - What happened to Carrie? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptySun Dec 24, 2006 2:34 am

Don't forget "More Molasses!" Or "I want sugar on mine."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 3:07 pm

:giggle:

Carrie - What happened to Carrie? ChristinaKeeper2 Carrie - What happened to Carrie? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptySun Feb 04, 2007 10:44 pm

Seriously though, I did like Carrie and they should have done more with her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 6:32 pm

ohok..I always woundred what has happned to her..Could't they have re-casted her part?.
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Party010

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:41 am

Sweet Caroline wrote:
Don't forget "More Molasses!" Or "I want sugar on mine."

"I wan't sugar on mine." Huh? That was a hard one to figure out. :haha:

This reminds me of something I wanted to point out. I'll post in a new section.
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 7:58 am

sweetheart wrote:
Could't they have re-casted her part?.

Even though the twins weren't the best little actresses in the world, I wouldn't have taken well to a re-casting of the role at aaaaaaaaaallllllll. And I doubt that many others would, either.

She was "the baby" at the beginning of the show (well....okay.....they tried to keep her that way for FAR too long) but ANYWAY, lol, people would have seen it as an attack on a baby. They really should have given the girls some lessons or something. But I blame a lot of it on the writers, too. They never seemed to really try to develop Carrie's character. They were satisfied with her in the role as "the baby". By slowly allowing her to grow as a character, it would have allowed the girls playing Carrie to slowly advance and gain experience in acting. But recasting? I shudder! :lol!: She was part of the family. You know?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 9:34 am

I agree with you Savannah. They kept her as a baby too long. I mean, the girl wet herself in Season 5! They gave Carrie one episode that focused on her in 8 seasons, less than any other character--including her adopted siblings.

If the Greenbush twins were not strong actresses--and that's a big if in my mind--then it was up to those running the show to do something about it. Whether that was acting lessons, more storylines, allowing her character to grow up, or developing her relationship with Laura after Mary was gone, those who controlled the show were ultimately responsible for how the character of Carrie was brought to life.

The Carrie debate comes up every once in a while and it always leaves me wondering what the Greenbush twins might think if they saw some of the things said about them. They are both sweet ladies and they take time out of their personal lives to chat with fans, attend reunions, and promote LHOP and its values. For that, they get my utmost respect.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 9:37 am

Yeah!!!Thats true,You are right.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 11:49 am

I think what went wrong is that little lines were given to Carrie throuhout the first series, and then all of a sudden, she was given an entire episode and people saw she couldn't really act that well.
So after the Godsister, carrie was back to saying one-liners.....

Not a good way to make a child improve in her acting No

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 12:33 am

BTW, I just reread my post from earlier today and I didn't mean to come across as nasty. I just think it's too easy to blame the twins for why Carrie was only seen going to the outhouse.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 1:21 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I agree with you Savannah. They kept her as a baby too long. I mean, the girl wet herself in Season 5! They gave Carrie one episode that focused on her in 8 seasons, less than any other character--including her adopted siblings.

If the Greenbush twins were not strong actresses--and that's a big if in my mind--then it was up to those running the show to do something about it. Whether that was acting lessons, more storylines, allowing her character to grow up, or developing her relationship with Laura after Mary was gone, those who controlled the show were ultimately responsible for how the character of Carrie was brought to life.

The Carrie debate comes up every once in a while and it always leaves me wondering what the Greenbush twins might think if they saw some of the things said about them. They are both sweet ladies and they take time out of their personal lives to chat with fans, attend reunions, and promote LHOP and its values. For that, they get my utmost respect.

Cheryl

:yeahthat:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Carrie?   Carrie - What happened to Carrie? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to Carrie?
Page 1 of 1