Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"

Go down 
+15
Davetucson
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
Gin
amyk
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
bethandmanly
Docfan
Vanesa
Farmer Girl
Carol
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Happy010

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Empty
PostSubject: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 1:30 am

While fishing in a stream, Laura and a friend stumble upon "gold". They spend several weeks trying to pick up all of the gold. When they bring it to the bank, they learn that it is only fool's gold.

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Rainbow1

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Rainbow2

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Rainbow3

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Report I liked this episode. I thought it was funny how Nellie was following them around being all nosy and everything lol
It was also nice seeing the Olesons in a different light Laughing

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Horses10

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 12:47 pm

Yea, I really like it too. Everytime Laura went off to dreaming, it was funny. :o)

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Little
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 10:52 pm

I loved to see the great contrast between the Ingalls family as rich people, opposing to the Olesons, who were traditionally the wealthier family of the county. I think it was funny...But the part that always makes me laugh hard is when Nelie offers an apple to Miss Beadle and she throws it behind her in despise... ROTFL Yes; Nellie was all bad dressed and dirty, but even the apple looked old and rotten! My! How I laugh every time I see this little, ugly rotten apple! :Hahaha:

Vanesa.

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 10:56 pm

Vanesa wrote:
...But the part that always makes me laugh hard is when Nelie offers an apple to Miss Beadle and she throws it behind her in despise... ROTFL

Laughing Yes, that is too funny!

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 11:21 pm

Cool episode.
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 6:36 pm

I love Laura's determination in this episode! She sure wants to make hers and her family's lives easier, and even though it doesn't work out, she works hard to achieve her goal...
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm

This is a great episode. The writers were good at keeping Laura true to form with those scenes of the Olesons down on their luck. I like how we got to see a much softer side to Mr. Sprague in this episode too.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 11:02 pm

Yes. Mr. Sprague tries not to hurt the children when he must to reveal to them that what they've found it wasn't precisely gold. But he was very sweet to them.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:03 pm

This is my favorite second season episode! Thumbsup When I was a kid, my friend and I were always looking for treasure in the neighborhood. So that brings back fun memories. The Ingalls family cleans up well! My favorite part, though, is seeing a dirt poor Oleson family. Nellie was actually cute during the few episodes where she wasn't wearing a wig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 am

I like this episode a lot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:55 pm

good esp..
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:57 am

Looking forward to this episode!

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Alexke11
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 am

alexczarn wrote:
Looking forward to this episode!

Saw it just then.
laugh3 laugh3 laugh3
The only thing, I don't like Mary's and Laura's hairdo. Mary's hair IMO looks worse than Laura's which is semi-OK, but i like Laura/MG in braids better... loveheart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:14 am

LOL Nels and Harriet Oleson re the screen door! laugh3

Harriet: When is anyone going to do anything about that screen door?
Nels: I've asked everyone whose come into this store.
Harriet: Well what do you think? Is the thief going to come out and say, Yes sir, I took your screen door, yes sir I'll bring it back, yes sir!
Nels: Well do you want me to order one from the catalog?
Harriet: No! That will take 6 weeks. I want our screen door back where it belongs and don't move!

ROTFL ROTFL This part is so funny! laugh3

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

^ Hee! I love that Oleson scene! Those two played off each other so well!

Jonah is a cute kid!

Laura's dream sequences were amusing. The best was when Nellie gave Miss Beadle the apple! That was so untypical of Miss Beadle!

I also liked:
Nels: "Don't slam the screen door."
Willie: "Can't! It's not there!"

Then later Nellie's running through the door! laugh3

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:01 am

I really liked this esp.It's one of my favorites. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Hmm....everyone else here seems to really like this episode a lot. For me, it is just so-so. Parts of it are cute, but I don't think it is that funny nor that touching. Also, I don't like that in Laura's fantasy, even Nels has to be dirt poor. I don't usually think of Laura as that spiteful of the Olesons. I probably am reading too much into a little girl's dreams....

But yes the part with Mrs. Oleson hitting Nels on the head to kill the fly was funny.

It was kind of weird how Jonah worked so hard but he did not seem that disappointed that it was not gold. He was thrilled just to get Laura's fishing pole. I think it is kind of mean for him to take it, though.

Also, since I love the previous episode so much, it may also affect how I see this one.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:30 pm

High-Five Amy. I'm with you. I thought it to be a little too dreamy. It would have been great if Laura wanted Pa to pay the bill at the mercantile and maybe buy them all new shoes, but a coach? Hmmm. Sorry, Amy and I will go outside and play now. lol

"AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Well...I admit that when I was a little girl, I used to day-dream about being a princess and having lots of dresses like the ones I would see at in the fairy tale books. Maybe it's not so weird that a little child would have exotic dreams about being rich and powerful... scratchead

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:44 pm

That's normal for little girls to have dreams like that.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:54 am

This was ok episode. I love it, when Laura was dreaming The Olsen was poor & Ingalls was rich. Laughing

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:21 am

all young girls have whild dreams like that.

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:11 pm

I liked Laura's daydreaming.....kind of like me with powerball...lol

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
I liked Laura's daydreaming.....kind of like me with powerball...lol

Laughing

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 pm

I could actually see this happening to people. I felt bad for the kids and all of their hard work.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW"   "AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next