Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need some advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 3:13 pm

There is this girl at church who always sits alone, she looks really sad and upset.(Like she just doesn't wanna be there,so iam guessing her parents make her come) She doesn't say hello and talk to anyone..I was asked too go and try and talk to her but i really don't know what to say to her at all..i mean i do say hi to her when i come in.. I think she really needs a friend so mybe if she had a friend her own age things would't be so bad.

I don't really think parents should make there kids go to church if they don't wanna go..It should be up the them.

what would you do??
Back to top Go down

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Well, I loved going to church when I was younger. If ones parents are Christians, they are going to bring them up in the way of Christ, like I was brouught up. I don't go to church like I should now, as my life can get so crazy, but I do pray every night, and I confess my sins to Him. (If I committed any that day) I do have my own private time with God, which I feel is equally important.

My mom and her sisters were brought up in the Church, and so were my sister and I.

I am so gald that my Grandparents and my parents are Christians! I wouldn't have it any other way.

(Posters Note) Am an adult, so that's why I said what I said, and I feel it's important to be brought up that way. JMO.

She may have deeper problems that you are aware of.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Maybe just try and make some small talk with her. Ask her where she goes to school, where she likes to hang out, things like that.

She may just have other things going on in her life right now, that makes her feel sad. Maybe a friend would be a good thing for her.

Just an opinion, but I think that it is a good role model for adults to go to church and bring their kids with them. If kids never have the exposure, they may not go as adults. It is just something really important to me. My kids go, and I hope they continue to go as adults.

It may be nice for that girl to see a friendly face each week, and she may open up to you once she gets to know you better. Maybe that's all she needs, is a friend.

I need some advice PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 7:07 pm

Yeah mybe, i will try ..i usally smile and say hey!! I just felt really bad hate seeing ppl sad and stuff...just think if she had a friend or just some one going to church would't be so bad for her..

Today an adult tryed to talk to her, but she would't tell her her name or anything..mybe in time she will come around!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I need some advice Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : I need some advice Happy010

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 8:06 pm

I agree with what's been said........just be friendly, and maybe she'll warm up. And I agree with what's been said about bringing children to church. We make sure that children brush their teeth, we make sure that they eat right, we make sure that they go to school, and the doctor and the dentist, whether they want to or not - and those things are temporal. If we make sure that their body is well taken care of, we should certainly care for their souls.

The girl could also be terribly shy. We have a young woman at my church who is very shy, and could come across as extremely unfriendly - but she really isn't unfriendly at all. She's just very uncomfortable around people.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I need some advice Bokmal10

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 10:34 pm

Yes, Savannah. Church is important in a person's life and the habit of going there must start by your parents bringing you to attend services. I always loved to go to church when a little girl...and of course, now.

I agree that this poor girl could have other problems, and trying to speak to her will be the better thing you could do, Rilla.

Vanesa.

I need some advice Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 11:02 pm

Yeah,Think you guy's could be right about her just being very shy around people..I'am shy too has a person. too
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I need some advice Bokmal10

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 9:47 pm

Don't worry about being shy, Rilla. I'm shy too... :shy: Wink

Vanesa.

I need some advice Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 8:29 pm

ohok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

I need some advice
Page 1 of 1