Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000

Go down 
+3
pamh36
Farmer Girl
Carol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Happy010

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 11:43 am

Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game online for more than 9000

MONTREAL (AFP) - After catching his 15-year-old smoking pot, a father sold the hard-to-get "Guitar Hero III" video game he bought his son for 90 dollars for Christmas at an online auction, fetching 9,000 dollars.

The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.

"So I was so relieved in that I had finally got the Holy Grail of Christmas presents pretty much just in the nick of time. I couldn't wait to spread the jubilance to my son," the father wrote on the eBay website.

"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends."

The man, a school teacher, who kept his identity private, said he sold the coveted video game to punish his son and discourage him from smoking dope.

The sale was a boon for the family's bank account, since the game the father purchased for 90 dollars (US) was finally sold to an Australian who plunked down 9,100 dollars for it.

The naughty son, however, will not go without a present on Christmas.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

===============

Applause Wow... I'm all the way with the Dad on this one! LOL
I can't believe that guy paid that amount of cash for that game... people are a little nuts sometimes....
I think if we were to sell the Nintendo Wii, we would get a couple thousand dollars ... those things have dissappeared from every store I know of grinsmiley

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 12:40 pm

yea, people are a little nuts! If I did have an extra 9,000 dollars to spare, I sure wouldn't spend it on THAT!

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Little
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 1:10 pm

I can't believe that people can't wait for stuff like that. There is no way I would fork over that kind of cash, when, with a little patience, eventually you will have one of your very own.

But I do agree that the father did the right thing. Hopefully it made a difference for his son.

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 10:37 pm

I share your opinion entirely, Pam.

Vanesa.

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 10:07 am

Vanesa wrote:
I share your opinion entirely, Pam.

Vanesa.

Me too. Thumbsup It's a greedy society we live it, isn't it? But it's parents like this that give us all hope.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 5:43 pm

I agree too. It's outrageous how much money people will spend for some things.

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 ChristinaKeeper2 Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Scared10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2007 2:13 pm

[quote="Carol"][center][b]

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.
quote]

ROTFL
ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000   Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero III sold for more than $9,000
Page 1 of 1