Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guitar Hero Rock Band

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Guitar Hero Rock Band Love-s10

Guitar Hero Rock Band Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Did anyone get this for Christmas? It's the latest in the "Guitar Hero" for PS3. My boys (17 & 12) decided to spend their Christmas money on it...they already had Guitar Hero II so I knew they'd probably love this. Well, talk about FUN!! We all played last night, I was lead singer (YAY! LOL, much to my boys' dismay! grinsmiley ) and then the boys played drums and guitar. It is just TOO cool! Now today, my son has his friends over (a guy & a girl)and they're playing too. Well, I haven't heard my older son sing since he was like 5, I kid you not. Low and behold, I'm up here in the family room (they're in the basement) and I hear a voice that I figure must by his friend's. I ran down there, and it was my SON!!! I had NO clue this kid could even sing!!! He won't sing in church and will never let us hear him sing anything, so I figured he must be tone deaf! The kid actually has a VOICE!!! LOL, of course I told him he'll be singing in church from now on! grinsmiley

Anyway, I highly recommend this...it's even fun for us 'grown-ups'! Wink Although I have to admit, I didn't know most of the songs! I hope they come out with some retro music!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 9:28 pm

That looks like a lot of fun. My son got Guitar Hero III for Christmas, and I keep telling him that I am waiting for him to go back to school so that I can play it!! That looks like fun too. I've been wanting him to get one of the Guitar Hero games forever, so that I can play it!

Now the Rock Band game looks like an absolute blast. Something we could all do together. Though it would be torture to my family if they had to hear me sing!

I want to get the Nintendo Wii for them too, so that I can play that as well!

Guitar Hero Rock Band PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Guitar Hero Rock Band Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 9:13 am

I've heard about Guitar Hero but I'm really not sure what it does. How does it work?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 9:27 am

It's kind of confusing to figure out until you've played. Even watching someone do it is not really explanatory! LOL! Basically, you see the colored 'notes' appear/roll on the tv screen, and you need to play the matching/coordinating note on the guitar. They have different levels, thank God (I'm on easy!:), the boys are on expert now, after much practice! They both agree that the drums are harder than the guitar. You really do get the hang of it pretty quickly...it takes coordination, which somehow kids these days have more of than we adults do!Guitar Hero Rock Band NonNon11 But if I can do it, I know you could Rob!Guitar Hero Rock Band Super08

And Pam, it really is a great 'family' game. It's hard to find things for all of us to have fun with here at home...obviously we have quite different interests than our teenage boys! But this has something for everyone---I enjoy just watching them, I don't even need to play!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Guitar Hero Rock Band Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 8:31 pm

Sounds like fun! I assume you can program in certain songs to play?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Yes, you can....I had told my boys that I wanted more retro songs, and they said that you can download them somehow off the interenet. Not sure how that works---that's their department! grinsmiley But I do know there's a cost, like $2.00 per song, so it will be awhile before we do that! Otherwise you just use the music that it comes with, and I must say it IS pretty good. A nice mix of classic an newer rock.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 am

Amy wrote:

And Pam, it really is a great 'family' game. It's hard to find things for all of us to have fun with here at home...obviously we have quite different interests than our teenage boys! But this has something for everyone---I enjoy just watching them, I don't even need to play!

That would have been a fun thing to play on New Year's Eve. We just sat around playing Clue DVD, minus Devin, who was on the computer chatting with his friends. Laughing That was fun though.

I enjoy watching Devin just play the Guitar Hero. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun watching a group play the Rock Band game. I saw it at Toy's R Us yesterday and half hoped that the kids would decide to pool their Christmas money together and get it. But they didn't. Oh well, maybe next Christmas!

Guitar Hero Rock Band PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Guitar Hero Rock Band Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Guitar Hero is really a popular game. Thumbsup I LOVE interactive games!
Last week I was at a friend's house and we were playing the Wii Sports on the Nintendo Wii.

We played several games but Tennis was a really favorite.... four of us played at the same time... talk about fun!! :woohooo:

Guitar Hero Rock Band Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 9:42 pm

Ok, so maybe this Rock Band thing wasn't such a great idea after all. Whistle My son has 4 friends over right now....one of the guys is singing at the top of his lungs and...ahem...he can't sing!! YIKES!!! I guess I'll be going up to my room and reading tonight! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Rock Band   Guitar Hero Rock Band Empty

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Rock Band
Page 1 of 1