Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon and Kate Plus 8

Go down 
+15
Joe
Alice
Samantha
Lori
Savannah
Melissa
JW
Amy
emilyanneoftheprairie
Debbie
Gin
Lily
LIWnut
Carol
Teresa
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Love-s10

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:06 am

Yikes. I just don't know what to believe anymore, but I tend to agree with at least that the kids are being expoloited here. I don't know...it just makes you think. It's sad to think about the kids in the middle of this (especially the older girls), and then their mother is out there promoting her new book on TV, and talking about this situation publicly. :think: It's a messed up situation and I agree with the brother and SIL that they need to give up the show and focus on their marriage and family.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:36 am

Melissa wrote:
Kate's brother is telling the media that her marriage is over!

Yeah I saw the interview in Good Morning America today. That's sad...

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:33 pm

They must not have a good relationship. I can't imagine my sister (well, the one I'm close with anyway) running her mouth off to the media about me. No matter what her brother is thinking, and no matter how 'right' he might be on the subject, he had no right to blab to the media about any of it. That's for Jon and Kate to deal with and obviously he got paid for this too.

Just makes you wonder what their lives would be like now had they never been put in front of the cameras, you know?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Amy wrote:
They must not have a good relationship. I can't imagine my sister (well, the one I'm close with anyway) running her mouth off to the media about me. No matter what her brother is thinking, and no matter how 'right' he might be on the subject, he had no right to blab to the media about any of it.

I couldn't agree more. When I read Carol's post quoting Melissa, my first thought was "What was her brother thinking??". It can't possibly help things to have a sibling telling the world "her marriage is over". Whether it's true or not is really beside the point. I've never seen the show, but I hope that they're able to return to normal life and put their marriage back together again.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Yep, I hear you Savannah. My friend and I were talking about this situation yesterday. Whether it's true or not, there are things that need to be changed. I'm not condoning Jon's behavior in any way (IF this is true), but what the cameras do show is that half the time he can do 'nothing right' in Kate's eyes. It's her way or the highway, from what I can tell, and she is extremely uptight. As a parent of only two kids, it's hard to relate to this, BUT, I know that you need to allow the other parent to 'parent', you know what I mean? After all, they're his kids too. I see him being downgraded a LOT and it's unsettling. On top of that, as Kate stated on the Today show, the priority is the KIDS, which as wonderful as that is, they need to prioritize their marriage right now, or those kids will be the products of divorce like so many other kids where the 'kids' were the focus and not the couple. You have to have a balance. My belief is that, in the case of an affair, most of the time it takes two to tango. There's no 'excusing' the actual cheater, but there is understanding of what led up to it. My hubby and I have had friends who have gone through it, and we'd predicted it for years, because as an 'outsider', sometimes you can see where one spouse is causing the other spouse to feel an emotional void, in some way. Like all couples, J&K have a LOT to work on between the two of them. But, I don't see how they're going to get there if they remain in the spotlight like this. Ok, getting off my soapbox now! soapbox

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:46 am

The season premiere is on tomorrow evening at 8:00 central time.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:03 am

I've only recently seen the show. I agree with Amy. Jon gets picked on a lot by Kate. At the end of the last season, he said he didn't want to do the show anymore. They should have stopped at that point. But you could tell that Kate wanted it to continue so it was going to. Now look at what has happened. It will be interesting to see what they have to say tonight.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:27 am

Did you watch it last night Lori or Teresa? I missed it...just wondering what happened and what they talked about....

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:40 am

I saw it. It was pretty sad. I don't know what the future holds for them. Keep checking on the TLC channel, Amy. I'm sure that they'll be re-playing the episode several times. They always do throughout the week. I'm sure that it's on again today at some point. It's probably on you-tube as well. At least the kids are happy and it doesn't seem to be affecting them yet.

The answer would be to stop doing the show and concentrate on fixing the marriage.........if that's what they both want. Kate says that she's been traveling alot to promote her book and what not. ENOUGH!! She doesn't need to travel for that. I'd say that her publisher should get a clue! I think that John has wanted to take a break from the show for awhile now, but Kate is the one who wants it to keep going.

I sincerely hope that they can work things out. It's really sad...........

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:59 am

Teresa wrote:
It's probably on you-tube as well. At least the kids are happy and it doesn't seem to be affecting them yet.

Yeah..."yet" being the key word, huh? No

I did check youtube and it's not up yet. I didn't think to check TLC though; I'll see if it's on there. I watched one interview where Kate says to Jon "I think what you're struggling with the most right now is that we can't go back." Is that to say that she wouldn't want to even if she could? I don't know what to think....from what I'm seeing of Kate, I think she enjoys the attention and Jon just doesn't. And maybe he's just seeing a side of his wife he never knew was there until the show started. I found this on Youtube and it kind of freaked me out. I just can't imagine talking to Bill like this....it's a recipe for disaster...this is simply not respectful---I would be just as upset if he talked to her like this. She is literally treating him like one of the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATr2I2VgSY

I agree with you Teresa....the traveling and promoting needs to stop, and seriously, these people need therapy. They need Dr. Phil!!! Whistle

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:18 am

I've seen that clip before, Amy. I remember watching this show a couple of years ago and loving it. Soooooo much has changed and it's really too bad. The show used to be so "simple," without all of the "hype" surrounding it. If they want the papparazzi to stop, then the show needs to stop. The papparazzi will lose interest real quick.
If it wasn't for all of the allegations in the past 6 months, the papparazzi wouldn't be following them in the first place. They never followed them before. It was only their camera crew from the set. Very sad..........................
I think Kate had been gone 20 out of the last 31 days, traveling and promoting her book, and speaking at certain events. Seriously??????? That's ridiculous!
Priorities need to be re-examined.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:14 pm

These two need to remember the first thought they had when having all 8 children. "We are so blessed to have healthy children." They need to get back to the basics of taking care of their kids TOGETHER! They haven't done that in awhile.

I am a child of divorce and BELIEVE me when you haven't had both of your parents in the same room together or both in agreement in some time....you feel it in a huge way.

Its time to stop the show....its fine to write a book, but not at the cost of leaving the kids for any amount of time. If they want to beat the odds of couples that have mutiples that end up in divorce ...they have to know that this isn't working anymore.
They need to watch "Fireproof".

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Teresa wrote:
I've seen that clip before, Amy. I remember watching this show a couple of years ago and loving it. Soooooo much has changed and it's really too bad. The show used to be so "simple," without all of the "hype" surrounding it. If they want the papparazzi to stop, then the show needs to stop. The papparazzi will lose interest real quick.
If it wasn't for all of the allegations in the past 6 months, the papparazzi wouldn't be following them in the first place. They never followed them before. It was only their camera crew from the set. Very sad..........................
I think Kate had been gone 20 out of the last 31 days, traveling and promoting her book, and speaking at certain events. Seriously??????? That's ridiculous!
Priorities need to be re-examined.

I couldn't agree more Teresa....this whole 'reality' thing is just not a normal environment for a family. I keep thinking about Kara and Maddie and honestly I think THEY have changed since this whole thing started---I think the popularity of the show is going to everyone's heads and they need to step away from it. Too bad Kate isn't on board. But you know what, if Jon isn't in the picture anymore then there is no show anyway! And sorry, but I'm not sure what guy is going to want to date her or marry her someday...it's one thing to have 8 kids, and quite another to have all your dirty laundry and crabby ways out there for all to see. She is NOT coming across well on TV, that's for sure. Right now I think she's blinded by the money and doesn't want to see all that go away, or give up Jon's help if he has to go to work. But she needs to look at the bigger picture here.

Gin wrote:
These two need to remember the first thought they had when having all 8 children. "We are so blessed to have healthy children." They need to get back to the basics of taking care of their kids TOGETHER! They haven't done that in awhile.

I am a child of divorce and BELIEVE me when you haven't had both of your parents in the same room together or both in agreement in some time....you feel it in a huge way.

Its time to stop the show....its fine to write a book, but not at the cost of leaving the kids for any amount of time. If they want to beat the odds of couples that have mutiples that end up in divorce ...they have to know that this isn't working anymore.
They need to watch "Fireproof".

Something that rubbed me the wrong way that Jon said in an interview is that he "might as well live in a prison". Wow, yeah...I understand that (I would NOT want to be under Kate's thumb, by any means), but gosh, like you were saying Gin, these are 8 happy and healthy children that you have. Be somewhat grateful, you know?! I'm sure he IS, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he IS a very blessed man. They both just need to take a step back from the media hype and see what's right there in front of them. Unfortunately I don't see Kate doing that, even if it's what Jon wants. They both have to be on board. And I'm serious, I actually can see Dr. Phil helping them---he gets involved in 'celebrity issues' and most of the time he knows what he's talking about. They need some kind of intervention!! The reason I say Dr. Phil is because Kate has a very strong personality and she needs someone as equally domineering and 'no-nonsense' as she is---Dr. Phil is it! Wink

Hey Gin---what is "Fireproof"?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 2:41 pm

"Fireproof" is a christian movie starring Kirk Cameron. It was released in Sept 2008 I believe. (Wal-mart has it for $20)
Kirk plays a fireman who is married and is having huge problems with selfishness. He screams at his wife ect. His on screen father challenges him to work on his marriage for 40 days. He soon realizes how selfish he has been and learns to really love his wife, and accept God.
Read reveiws...it can tell you more than I can. I wouldn't doubt if Dr. Phil gives Jon and Kate a copy of this to watch!!
It was a low budget film, but has helped many couples work through some tough times.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:12 pm

I always looked forward to watching the show each week because of the cute things that the family would have going on. It's too bad that it may all end, because now that the kids are older, they can communicate better and they're just so much fun to watch. It's alot easier on Jon and Kate, not to have to worry about potty training, etc. Just when things are getting easier in terms of taking care of the kids, all of this happens, and it's totally spiraled out of control. They didn't need to move to a new home, worth $1.1 million. They were doing just fine where they were before. All of the book promotional stuff is absurd, and they shouldn't have Kate traveling all over the place for it. It's really too bad that this show has taken such an ugly turn. I know alot of people who really enjoyed watching it these past few seasons.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Kate keeps saying that everything she does, she does for the best of the kids. I think, and it's just my opinion, that they should stop the show and allow their marriage to heal. They need to study the good book and find out what attracted them to each other in the first place. Being in the public eye is not good for an already stuggling marriage.
Once they heal the marriage and get off the tube, the nosey cameras will go away. Even tho they won't be making thousands of dollars every week for 3 days work, larger families can live well on much less. Do they really need a 1.3 million dollar home? If they sold it and got something cheaper, they could put some of the kids through college.
I love this show. I watch it religiously every Monday. But if I, along with ten million other fans, are keeping the show on and keeping Jon and Kate from happiness, then I would gladly give it up. What is important is what's good for them, not what I watch on tv. I'm sure if the show ended tomorrow, we would still hear from the Gosselins every now and then.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Amy wrote:
I found this on Youtube and it kind of freaked me out. I just can't imagine talking to Bill like this....it's a recipe for disaster...this is simply not respectful---I would be just as upset if he talked to her like this. She is literally treating him like one of the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATr2I2VgSY

:faint2: I can't imagine speaking like that to someone I love. (And in front of other people! My stars!) I'd be completely ashamed of myself if I acted like that. Seriously - if nothing else were wrong, and I found myself treating my loved ones like that.....that alone would be enough to make me realize that something needed to change. If I had all of those little ones, I wouldn't want their childhood memories of me to be that of yelling at their Dad, or having adult temper tantrums.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:56 am

Teresa & Marilyn, of course I agree with every word, as you can guess. That 1.1 million dollar home IS ridiculous---they had no business running out and buying that after such a short-term success thing---this is NOT going to last forever---it's like every other set of multiples you hear about in the 'early days', and then all the attention dwindles when the kids get older. Now they bought that house, and I'm sure they feel like they're 'stuck', in a way, her with her book promoting and speaking, and of course the show. And NOW they broke records for TLC I hear, for their premiere. So they've created a monster, and the poor kids are the ones paying the price. It's just sad to think what this family could have been, if they hadn't gotten on the 'status' roller coaster.

And Savannah, I completely agree with you, but I have a feeling that Kate is one of these people that just doesn't see what she's doing, even when it's right there in front of her. She has gotten worse from the early days, but she HAS to have seen these episodes where she's beyond controlling. And she still hasn't changed! And it doesn't help that Jon hasn't stood up for himself! Not to keep coming back to Dr. Phil, but you do teach people how to treat you. This has become 'acceptable' to him, obviously. And guess what? I watched a full epie online yesterday, where the older girls get to be 'mommy' to the little ones. During the interview Jon & Kate are talking about how patient and calm Kara is, that she tries hard to listen to what the little things have to say, and what they need. Then they compared Maddie and how she's the screamer and has unrealistic expectations, and Kate looks straight at Jon and says, "well that's you". And he said, "well that's you too", and she said "I'm not the screamer, you are. I'm more like Kara." Now, first off, even if that's true, what makes this show BAD for a marriage, is that not only are you being 'called out' on a parental imperfection, you're getting called out on National TV. Um, can you say resentment?!?! Whistle This was a REALLY bad idea from the start....they (especially Kate) have become ALL about the money and they're letting the family fall apart because of it. Not only does it make me sad, it makes me angry that they're not doing everything in their power to fix this. IMO, as Marilyn was saying, fixing it begins with giving up the mega-house and settling for less (materially speaking) in life. Look at the Dilley family! They have done it and the last I saw them they didn't have some crazy lifestyle---they live modestly and seem to have well-adjusted kids. One can only wonder what's going to happen to the Gosselin kids! No

Thanks for the explanation about the movie, Gin---that sounds really great! They could certainly learn a thing or two from it. Marriage HAS to be the focus---they need to start relying on friends and family more so they can focus on it, even if it means just a once a week trip to a therapist.

Yikes, sorry I got so wordy again! :shy:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Jon and Kate to Split: Report   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 am

It looks like divorce is imminent for the stars "Jon and Kate Plus 8."

TLC, the network home of America’s latest favorite dysfunctional family, released a statement Thursday saying Jon and Kate Gosselin will announce a major decision on their reality show "Jon & Kate Plus 8" on Monday’s episode.

"Recently, we've made some life-changing decisions,” Kate says in the video statement. “... ones that we hope will bring each of us some peace."

A source told the website radaronline.com that Kate Gosselin had previously met with a divorce lawyer and the couple had agreed to officially separate by July 15. After Jon met with a divorce lawyer, the couple decided to speed their decision to announce the split, the source said.

READ THE REST HERE:
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/enterta...it-Report.html
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:56 pm

I couldn't get that link to work Krissy...thanks for the info.

I've found another link and will put that in the Jon & Kate plus 8 thread where we can continue to talk about it. Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Maybe this really is just a tease for ratings and it won't happen. I hope it's not true....I really would like to see them get therapy and work this out together. Seems maybe that too much has happened to save it at this point, I don't know:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/18/jon.kate.announcement/index.html?section=cnn_latest

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 pm

I used to watch this show every week religiously. But now I can't stand even to see pictures of Jon and Kate anymore. Jon is ok but Kate has gone nuts in my book. I don't believe in divorce and hope that the two of them will work things out. I doubt that will happen but one can hope. I truly hope that the announcement that is coming is that the show will be cancelled and the family given help to get back on the right track. Fame and fortune is not what this family needs.
I will not be watching the show next Monday but will hear in other ways what the announcement will be.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:54 pm

I started watching this show recently because of all the headlines that came out all of a sudden. I have seen quite a few now since TLC shows reruns and new episodes.
In the little time I have watched, it saddens me to think that this family will be split up. Kate is a little annoying to me... she needs to show a little more respect towards her husband... I don't know, she seems to yell at him like a kid rather than her partner...

I hope that they can work things out.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I hope so too.........................

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:01 pm

I've never seen the show!(mybe i can see a clip on youtube) but i do hope they can work out there problem! They should really end the show!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon and Kate Plus 8
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next