Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon and Kate Plus 8

Go down 
+15
Joe
Alice
Samantha
Lori
Savannah
Melissa
JW
Amy
emilyanneoftheprairie
Debbie
Gin
Lily
LIWnut
Carol
Teresa
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Love-s10

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:40 am

It has been announced that a "decision" will air on Monday. I am hoping this is in regards to the show continuing, instead of their marriage ending. I think its time to shut off the cameras and get back down to family ONLY.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:50 pm

While I know that the money earned from these shows helps support the children, I can't help but feel that subjecting small kids to such a lack of privacy is some form of child abuse. I have always felt this way. These children have not consented to have their privacy taken away. Their parents made the decision for them and I think it is an irresponsible one. How are children supposed to develop a sense of normalcy when a camera is following them everywhere they go? What happens when the constant attention stops?

I just wish that all of these television shows on large families would just go away. They don't benefit anyone. banghead

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:10 pm

I agree that it's irresponsible, Samantha. I don't think it's a healthy environment for the children to grow up in. It isn't as if they chose to be actors and are playing parts in a tv show. They're under a microscope, with strangers watching everything that they do.

I was completely unfamiliar with this show until just a short while ago...A friend of mine had been quite a fan of the show, and kept talking about it, so I went online a few weeks back and was looking for video clips of it. Some of what I found was pretty shocking to me. For one thing, Kate doesn't treat her husband with any respect at all. And again - it isn't a scripted sitcom, you know? It's the way she's really treating him. I can't imagine that she'd want to be spoken to in the way she speaks to him.....And there was a "behind the scenes" clip of one of the little girls softly crying because she was thirsty, and she kept asking Kate for a drink of water. One of the production crew members brought Kate a bottle of water, and she opened it, and took a nice, long drink of it herself - then closed the water and put it on the other side of her. She looked at her thirsty daughter - who just saw her take a drink - and told her "Maybe _______ will be able to get you a drink in a few minutes". :faint2: If I saw a child who was crying because he/she was so thirsty, there's no way that I could quench my own thirst in front of them knowing that they didn't have something to drink! Even a stranger's child - let alone my own precious daughter. No Quite honestly, I don't know how people can bear to watch the show. Kate comes off as self-centered and egomaniacal, and it doesn't look very entertaining to me.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:54 pm

I agree with everything you're all saying...

Savannah wrote:
I agree that it's irresponsible, Samantha. I don't think it's a healthy environment for the children to grow up in. It isn't as if they chose to be actors and are playing parts in a tv show. They're under a microscope, with strangers watching everything that they do.

Just imagine, as a young child, having arguments with your brothers and sisters (or your parents!) and actually having a camera constantly there to film it. How odd that would be! How abnormal! You're absolutely right Savannah, they are not actors and I think people tended to lose sight of that (including myself for awhile)...I mean, these are children living their everyday lives, throwing temper tantrums, playing games, eating their meals. I think especially for the older girls, this has to be a very trying experience for them. They have friends in school, no doubt, who watch the show and can say things like, "I can't believe you said that, or acted like that...", you know? I believe the older girls especially will end up resenting their parents for doing this, and will not be looking back on this one day with fond memories.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Savannah, I watched that clip that you described with Mady wanting water and for that reason, I don't watch the snow anymore. The couple claim to be Christians but they haven't been living very Christ like lately. It seems like they have stopped going to church. Maybe that is part of their trouble.
I love the kids but for their sake, won't watch the show anymore.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:16 pm

Very sad episode this evening. At the end when they took the kids to brunch, they seemed to get along pretty well. I wish that they could have seeked some kind of counseling. Maybe in time, they'll find their way back to one another.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:32 pm

I saw at the very end where it said something like on June ?? the Pennsylvania court disolved their 10 year marriage. There is a repeat of that show at 11:00 EST.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Yes, it was today, June 22nd, that they decided to go ahead with the separation. The papers with the court were filed.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:10 am

Wow, I couldn't stand to hear them keep talking like that.
This is the first time I have heard of the kids staying in the same house all the time and the parents being the one taking turns going over to the house during their time.

As Kate said, I'm sure it will be terrible leaving her kids for a time... well for both... it's just not a nice situation... Blue

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:40 am

I'm so sad that they decided to go through with it. I was hoping for the sake of the kids that they would try to work it out. Blue
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Good that no new shows will be airing for a while...

I think yesterday was the last time I will be watching the show.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 pm

I truly haven't watched the shows as they aired...only reruns. I did watch last night, because I was hoping they would end the show and focus on their family of 10.
It left me feeling very sad and let down. As a child of divorce I can see this effecting all the children in a negative way at some point in their lives.
IF Jon and Kate can sit down in the same room(as they did during the brunch...even with the cameras off) and continue to make decisions together for the kids that will be a plus.
Having even one or two children is a challenge, but 8 is alot to take on. They really need to set their pride aside and at least try counselling. I just don't believe they have tried hard enough before just filing for a legal seperation.
This show has changed them and they need to end it. I has only built up into hurt for the kids. A book is one thing, but cameras everywhere day in and day out...well that's another.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:32 pm

They can't see the forest for all of the trees. Quit the show and get yourselves some help.
Sorry, but I can't see how seperating is THE BEST for the kids.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 pm

I am Sick and Tired of Seeing Jon and Kate on Every Magizine in the Store the Media just just butt out and leave them alone

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Jacobk10Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:52 am

Conan had a bit the other day about the announcement. He ran a promo where at the end of the promo the show was re-titled Jon and Kate Plus 5 and you saw 3 kids sitting on the curb as a car drove away. Pretty darn funny but it is sad that real children are suffering because of a womans dreams of fame.

My two cents is; Kate lost focus of what her job is and instead got stars in her eyes.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:47 pm

It was sad to see that they are splitting up especially since no mention was ever made of any counseling. To me that shows that they weren't trying to stay together. I get tired of hearing them say that everything they do is for the kids. Splitting up is for them, not the kids. I've felt sorry for Jon because of the way Kate has treated him, but he really seems like a jerk now. I think Kate would try to save the marriage, but it looks like Jon doesn't want to have anything to do with that. I think the kids will resent them some day since Kate told them on more than one occasion (the main time when they renewed their vows) that mommy and daddy would always be together.

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:26 pm

The crooked houses were a huge hit for the company that made them. Their orders are huge now. Its neat that the kids got to design the ones they wanted.
I'm thinking in years to come, as the kids look back at that episode they will wish they had been able to "order" a happy house for their family.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Lori wrote:
It was sad to see that they are splitting up especially since no mention was ever made of any counseling. To me that shows that they weren't trying to stay together. I get tired of hearing them say that everything they do is for the kids. Splitting up is for them, not the kids. I've felt sorry for Jon because of the way Kate has treated him, but he really seems like a jerk now. I think Kate would try to save the marriage, but it looks like Jon doesn't want to have anything to do with that. I think the kids will resent them some day since Kate told them on more than one occasion (the main time when they renewed their vows) that mommy and daddy would always be together.

I don't have much to add to this; I feel exactly the same way. If they were in counseling, we would have heard about it. To me, they are setting a horrible example to other struggling couples out there (especially those couples who are parents of multiples), not to mention a horrible example to their children. They won't ever be able to sit down with their kids when they're older and honestly tell them, "We're sorry, but we really did TRY to make this work." No, they didn't. I'm not normally such a judgmental person, but I've seen enough of both of them to show me what selfish people they are. And excuse me----HOW long ago did they renew their marital vows????? That was pretty recent, wasn't it? Good grief, obviously that meant nothing to them. No

I really hope the show sinks now...I don't want their kids to have to deal with the pressure of the cameras in their faces as WELL as having to deal with their parents' split. Such an unfair situation for them all the way around.

And here is the latest...I won't be watching anymore, that's for sure:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/24/2009-06-24_new_jon_and_kate_plus_.html

*Edit----One more thing....I saw an ad just a few minutes ago showing Kate yelling to Jon as he's driving away, "Jon, you can't just leave your kids behind!!"....WHILE the kids were there in the driveway. Ahem, anyone else see a problem with that?! Already, she's willing to make Jon out to look like the 'bad parent' to the kids. This is the worst thing about divorce, IMO...I've seen it with my own sister and Brother-in-law. They're all about making the 'other' parent look bad...that is selfish and in no way is helpful to raising healthy kids. Sure, she's angry with Jon, understandably, but you don't throw him under the bus to his own children. That's not 'fighting fair'. I just wish they could divorce amicably, but honestly I think they're too immature to make that happen.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:17 pm

I can't believe that they would even consider having Jon's girlfriend on new episodes in the fall. That's ridiculous!!!!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 1:46 am

I will not be watching... I hope people stop watching the show...

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:26 am

Teresa wrote:
I can't believe that they would even consider having Jon's girlfriend on new episodes in the fall. That's ridiculous!!!!

:agree:

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Amy wrote:

*Edit----One more thing....I saw an ad just a few minutes ago showing Kate yelling to Jon as he's driving away, "Jon, you can't just leave your kids behind!!"....WHILE the kids were there in the driveway. Ahem, anyone else see a problem with that?! Already, she's willing to make Jon out to look like the 'bad parent' to the kids. This is the worst thing about divorce, IMO...I've seen it with my own sister and Brother-in-law. They're all about making the 'other' parent look bad...that is selfish and in no way is helpful to raising healthy kids. Sure, she's angry with Jon, understandably, but you don't throw him under the bus to his own children. That's not 'fighting fair'. I just wish they could divorce amicably, but honestly I think they're too immature to make that happen.

Amy, if you notice on the clip, it was filmed at the old house. It was part of another show. The kind people at the networks have plenty of footage to fuel fires. They have been doing that a lot lately.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh, interesting! Yeah, editing at it's finest. Whistle

Just goes to show though that this has been going on for far too long....what a horrible thing to say in front of your kids no matter what the circumtance, you know? To make them feel like their dad doesn't care? That he's 'leaving' them? I don't know, just warped IMO. No

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:12 pm

I watched some clips on youtube!!!!..The kids are cuite!!!!..This is sad!!!!.poor kids! i really feeling bad for the children!....The parents should of talked out there problems & really tired to work it out!,,,For the sake of the kids!..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8   Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon and Kate Plus 8
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next