Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help me identify an episode please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Help me identify an episode please Empty
PostSubject: Help me identify an episode please   Help me identify an episode please EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 9:54 pm

If anyone knows the season and episode # , pls let me know.. Here is what I remember.. I might be a bit confused.. Charles goes up a mountain with a young child.. boy ,, who is dying.. etc.. Time goes by and Charles comes off the mountain with a long beard and I think the boy lives.. thanks
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Help me identify an episode please Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify an episode please   Help me identify an episode please EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 9:57 pm

The episode is from season 8, "He Was Only Twelve." Charles' adopted son, James, gets shot and is in a coma. It is a two part episode and the last one of season 8.

Help me identify an episode please TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Help me identify an episode please Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify an episode please   Help me identify an episode please EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 9:58 pm

And yes, you're right, James lives.

Help me identify an episode please TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Help me identify an episode please Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify an episode please   Help me identify an episode please EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 10:02 pm

That would be, "He Was Only Twleve" Season 8, last two episodes. Thumbsup

181.) He Was Only Twelve: Part One
May 3, 1982
Written by Michael Landon
Directed by Michael Landon

James joins Charles, Albert and Mr. Edwards as they travel to Sleepy Eye for a delivery. James – who has saved some money – and Albert visit a general store, but after looking over the merchandise, James wants to deposit his money into a savings account. The two unknowingly walk into a bank robbery; one of the outlaws shoots James, and they flee. James lapses into a coma, and the doctor tells Charles that he will likely die. An embittered Charles convinces Mr. Edwards to help him track down the criminals and bring them to justice. Albert later tags along, even though he's told to stay at the hotel. Charles and company eventually catch up with the bank robbers, and in a trance-like state, Charles nearly breaks the neck of one of the outlaws.

Guest Stars:
Chris Hendrie as Coy
John Dennis Johnston as Lawrence
Tom Roy Lowe as Leon
Bill Vint as Escal
R. D. Call as Dwayne

Special Guest Star:
Victor French as Isaiah Edwards

Co-Starring:
Hal Smith as Trumble
Doug McGrath as Harkness
Lionel Decker as Doctor
Robert Telford as Gun Proprietor
Sam Theard as Swamper

Featuring:
Eldon Quick as Teller
Nancy Berggren as Aggie
A. Paul Smith as Bartender
John Kelly as Sheriff
Georg Olden as Danny

Trivia note: Victor French makes another special guest star appearance as Isaiah Edwards in this two-part episode. His presence is felt very strongly beside Michael Landon. The two played off each other very well and achieved great moments in all their work together.

Trivia note: David Rose won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Music composition for a Series ( Dramatic Underscore ) for He Was Only Twelve, part one.

Trivia note: Ted Voightlander was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Cinematography for a Series for He Was Only Twelve, parts 1 and 2.

Trivia note: Michael Landon originally wrote the 'Bonanza' episode "He Was Only Seven" in 1972, which is the basic story for part one of this two-part episode.

Trivia note: The second part is a newly written continuation of the story with a God-inspiring theme written by Michael.

Location Scenes Filmed at
Big Sky Ranch, Simi Valley and Golden Oak Ranch, Newhall, California.

Film date: January 1982

Help me identify an episode please Div3
182.) He Was Only Twelve: Part Two
May 10, 1982
Written by Michael Landon
Directed by Michael Landon

When Charles refuses to admit that James will likely never recover from his gunshot wound, he leaves Walnut Grove with his adopted son. He builds an altar in the woods and hopes that God will bring a miracle.

Guest Stars:
Don Beddoe as Old Man
Martin Rudy as Dr. Stanfill

Special Guest Star:
Victor French as Isaiah Edwards

Trivia note: Victor French makes another special guest star appearance as Isaiah Edwards in this two-part episode. His presence is felt very strongly beside Michael Landon. The two played off each other very well and achieved great moments in all their work together.

Trivia note: Ted Voightlander was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Cinematography for a Series for He Was Only Twelve, parts 1 and 2.

Trivia note: Michael Landon originally wrote the 'Bonanza' episode "He Was Only Seven" in 1972, which is the basic story for part one of this two-part episode.

Trivia note: The second part is a newly written continuation of the story with a God-inspiring theme written by Michael.

Location Scenes Filmed at
Big Sky Ranch, Simi Valley and Golden Oak Ranch, Newhall, California.

Film date: January 1982

Help me identify an episode please Rhonda10Help me identify an episode please Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Help me identify an episode please Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify an episode please   Help me identify an episode please EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 12:30 am

One of the worst ways to end the Ingalls living in Walnut Grove if I ever saw one.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Help me identify an episode please Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify an episode please   Help me identify an episode please EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 4:19 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
One of the worst ways to end the Ingalls living in Walnut Grove if I ever saw one.

I couldn't agree more. What a tragedy for the last true Little House episode. bawling

Help me identify an episode please MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify an episode please   Help me identify an episode please Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me identify an episode please
Page 1 of 1