Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode Question?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Episode Question? Empty
PostSubject: Episode Question?   Episode Question? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 8:50 am

I can't believe that after watching reruns of Little House for years now I saw one this morning that I had never seen before.

The epidode was about a blind young woman who went to Chicago to have experimental surgery. The surgery was successful and her sight was restored. It seems that she fell in love with Isaiah and he loved her too. He realized he was too old for her and told her it wouldn't work.

Now for my question. When, in chronological order did this take place. I know that, at one point, Isaiah was married to Grace (the lady from the post office) and they adopted some orphaned children. Was this episode before that or did something happen to Grace and the children? I thought I was pretty up to date on the happenings, but this one really baffled me.

Thank you.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Episode Question? Happy010

Episode Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Question?   Episode Question? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 8:59 am

Hi, Donna!
Grace and Isaiah adopted the Sanderson children in season 2, and then in season 8, Grace left Isaiah because of his drinking. He had started drinking again when his oldest son, John Jr. died. The episode that you saw was entitled, "Love," from the last season, season 9.

Episode Question? TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Episode Question? Bokmal10

Episode Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Question?   Episode Question? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 12:11 pm

And it's one of the few good episodes from Season 9. I wish it had turned out differently for Isaiah and Jane, but it's still a wonderful story.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

Episode Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Question?   Episode Question? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Thank you. I didn't realize that Grace left Isaiah. Guess I'm not as well informed as I thought I was. :thankyou2:
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Episode Question? Bokmal10

Episode Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Question?   Episode Question? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:10 pm

I was disappointed that Grace abandoned Isaiah. It seemed so out of character for her. That episode was called "A Promise to Keep". Isaiah returned to Walnut Grove after Grace threw him out and a drunken Isaiah almost cost Albert his leg. Albert had traveled with Isaiah (I think to Sleepy Eye) and Isaiah ended up in the saloon. He tried to drive the wagon home and Albert fell out; then another wagon drove over his leg. This also almost cost Isaiah his friendship with Charles. But in the end they mended fences and Isaiah sobered up, stayed in Walnut Grove and became Rose's Godfather.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

Episode Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Question?   Episode Question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode Question?
Page 1 of 1