Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE COLLECTION"

Go down 
+14
Honeybee
jes9
Krissy
easyt72000
Prairie Dweller
Kristina
ChristinaAL
Farmer Girl
Coach Jon
JW
Savannah
Carol
Trixie
Vanesa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Headac10

"THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Vanesa wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
not a fav Episode

Not a fav, maybe, but a good one. I like to watch it time to time. It was great to witness how this bad man begings to be happy with simple things . His fakepriesthood madehim to realize which really were important things of life. Smile

Vanesa.

I just watched this one today. I agree it has a good message in it. You don't need certin things in life to be happy. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 pm

easyt72000 wrote:
One of my favorites. Loved Johnny Cash! Loved the part where Cash is explaining to a child about Noah and the whale, and had to be corrected that it was Jonah and the whale.

lol............I really liked this episode.....Johnny Cash was great

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:25 pm

I liked the scenes with Johnny Cash and the ill woman, there was a chemistry that started the seed of his heart changing.
I also loved him in Columbo...you can see that on netflix...he sang a great song he only sung on that show. He wasn't an actor, but he did a decent job.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:15 pm

It's an okay episode. I haven't watched it in a long time.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:53 pm

I forgot about the scene with Alicia and her dog...that was sweet too, As a "pretend" preacher, he was pretty good and learned a lot of lessons by the end.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:11 am

littlehouselover wrote:
I forgot about the scene with Alicia and her dog...that was sweet too, As a "pretend" preacher, he was pretty good and learned a lot of lessons by the end.

I must said that many preachers could not speak so well as this "pretender" did...I wish I had a Minister like him , who could comfort me in such a way when I'm sad! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

"THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Just watched this show again....it was one of the gems.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 9:19 pm

Once again, Rev. Alden lets someone who has done wrong off the hook with an amazing display of grace, similar to what he did for Laura and Mary in "THE GIFT." I kind of have mixed feelings about this one. While we know that "Brother Hodgkiss" (or whatever his name was) is a changed man, it seemed like Rev. Alden just came to that conclusion with no real evidence, didn't he? I admit that I'm not so sure I would be at the point to trust Brother Hodgkiss - like did he give back the key to the mercantile?? Maybe I'm too cynical.

In any case, based on the conversation we were privy to between Johnny Cash and his wife outside of the church, it does seem like he has really made a change in his life....but is he going to give back the preacher's clothes??

I also had not remembered that Mine died! Seems sad to me that he died so young, and also because Alicia got him when her mom was still living....probably the last thing she ever asked her mother for, so that seems sad to me that now she does not even have that little dog to comfort her. Glad Mr. Oleson agreed to give her a puppy though.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 12:13 pm

I like what someone else said above about Reverend Alden letting someone off the hook with grace, because it's exactly what he did. Rev. Alden was just so good about not only doing his regular job, but also about leading the community and setting a fine example for others. He showed so much forgiveness, which I think very few of the people of Walnut Grove would have been willing to do if they knew what Caleb had really been up to.

I also like what someone else said about how, despite being a "pretend" Preacher, Caleb was good at what he did by offering guidance to others. When Alicia's puppy was sick, he knew just what to do to comfort her. And, he asked Nels to make sure Alicia got one of the puppies from his dog, which I thought was very nice. Despite being a criminal and who many might have viewed as a "bad guy," there seemed to be something in Caleb that was not all bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE COLLECTION"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2