Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

when it rains, it pours

Go down 
+4
pamh36
Carol
Teresa
ChristinaAL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

when it rains, it pours Empty
PostSubject: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:18 pm

What a week! On Tuesday, Mike passed out at work, and fell into a wall, hitting his head so hard that he left a dent! OhMy I was so afraid that he was going to have a concussion, or that his fainting was b/c of something serious being wrong. But he was taken to the hospital and I flew over there to meet him, and they did a bunch of tests that all came back well. They really didn't come up with an explanation. I do know that he's working quite a lot - a full-time job plus a part-time one (that's the one he passed out at), plus an additional 2 days a month at another - on top of going to school, waiting to hear about a graduate program, and helping me plan a wedding. I just don't want anything to happen to him. Could you please pray that he's able to get some rest and take care of himself during this time when things are particuarly stressful?

Also, today my mother had to have dental surgery. It's taken a lot out of her, with the stress we're both under from my dad. (Before I go off on a tangent, I'm going to update that thread about dad as well). I'm praying that she's able to rest comfortably for these next few days as it's healing, as things haven't been easy on her lately.

Lastly...about a week and a half ago, my 83 year old grandma fell and broke her ankle. The last we heard, she was still in the hospital, but the doctors, etc. wanted to move her to a nursing home for rehab - and possibly permanently. That would just break my grandpa's heart to not be able to see her; I know he's struggling now as it is. What makes this situation even worse is that with the state my father is in right now, he can hardly handle hearing about these things. My grandparents live out of state, but we can't go visit them b/c it's too much for dad, and mom and I don't feel we can go without him and just leave him home. He hasn't called my grandpa in about a week, b/c talking about upsetting things is too much for him right now. I haven't spoken to my grandpa, but I bet he is feeling confused b/c dad hasn't told him how he's feeling, and wondering why dad hasn't called to talk to him more often. Can you please pray for my grandparents as well?

I'm sorry for asking for so much. I just believe so much in prayer that when I don't know what to do, prayer is the one thing I know I can do, and sometimes the only thing that can help. I really appreciate it.

Love,
Christina

when it rains, it pours ChristinaKeeper2 when it rains, it pours 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : when it rains, it pours Happy010

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Christina,
You could never ask for too many prayers. I am so sorry to hear about everything you and your family are going through. I will be praying for your dad, grandpa, and grandma. I'm glad that Mike will also be okay. He has SUCH a busy and stressful schedule. I hope that he can get some rest this weekend.

when it rains, it pours TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:36 pm

Thanks, Teresa. I really appreciate your prayers and kind words. I actually came back to update this b/c I thought of something else I found out this week. I don't know if anyone has heard of this yet - I actually saw an article in my local newspaper yesterday - but I found out over last weekend that a clinic in Nevada wasn't properly sterilizing equipment and that some patients who had gone there for various procedures in the past 5 or so years were now being diagnosed with Hepatitis C. My aunt and uncle both live in Nevada, and both have gone to this clinic for colonoscopies. They had blood tests and so far, they come back negative for Hepatitis C, thank God. But for the next few months, they'll have to continue getting tested. This just infuriates me - how can people working in a profession where people's lives are in their hands be so uncaring?! mad

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Wow Christina.... My prayers are with your family. They sure are going through a lot. Blue
I hope Michael can get some needed rest.... his schedule is mind bogling to me...

when it rains, it pours Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:12 pm

{{{{Christina}}}} My prayers are with your family. You sure have a lot of worry piled up on you all at once.

I hope Michael is able to get some rest. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just exhausted. It sounds like he has a very full load.

when it rains, it pours PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
when it rains, it pours Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:22 pm

{{{Christina}}} I'm praying for you, and your loved ones.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : when it rains, it pours Happy011

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:17 pm

I'm Praying For your family too

when it rains, it pours Jacobk10when it rains, it pours Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
when it rains, it pours LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : when it rains, it pours Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 11:58 pm

{{{Christina}}} I will pray for you guys. Sounds like Mike could be dehydrated from running around so much.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : when it rains, it pours Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Christina I sure hope everyone is making steady recoveries and your aunt and uncle in Nevada won't be affected by the clinic's negligence. You have so much going on at the moment so just remember to try and take time out for yourself. I'll definitely pray for your family and say a special prayer to help you cope too. Take care and update us when you can.

when it rains, it pours MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it so much, it's a wonderful feeling to be able to escape from the outside world and come to this place with such great people! I do have a few updates - Mike has been doing fine, though I've been hounding him everyday to make sure he eats and drinks enough! LOL. My grandma is still in the hospital, where she's apparently going to stay for another 6 weeks until her cast is removed, before starting any type of rehab. Luckily, the hospital is nearby to where my grandparents live so my aunt takes my grandpa to visit every day, and I know that helps both of them. So far, this week has even been going well with my dad; we've noticed a bit of a change in him and I really, really hope it's lasting this time. He's had good days and bad days but this week has been a few good ones in a row. (I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying so!)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when it rains, it pours   when it rains, it pours Empty

Back to top Go down

when it rains, it pours
Page 1 of 1