Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crazy things pets do..

Go down 
+6
pamh36
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
Savannah
flatbroke
Misti
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:40 pm

I don't remember how old he was. He must have been in his mid-teens I would guess.

I remember finding the fish dried and stiff on the floor. I told my dad and we had no idea what happened to them, lol. I don't remember being too upset, just kind of surprised that they were on the floor!

We can't keep fish alive here either for very long. And we don't keep alcohol in the house!

Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:54 pm

We can't keep goldfish alive, either, Pam. I have a Betta fish that's survived almost a year now - and I think that's a record.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Savannah wrote:
We can't keep goldfish alive, either, Pam. I have a Betta fish that's survived almost a year now - and I think that's a record.
I've got two tanks full of fish. A ten gallon full of guppies, which I use as feeders for me OTHER tank, where I keep a bunch of aggressives.

No goldfish though. They're nasty to keep if you're serious into fish. Mess your tank up. I've got, let's see, 3 sharks, an Oscar, a few cichlids, a HUGE Pacu, stuff like that. I'll post a pic of the tank when I find it.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:01 pm

My brother had two Oscars. The one Oscar was HUGE. And, I swear, he repeatedly tried to jump out of the tank. The tank had a lid, but the fish was so big, he could push it up. So, Aaron kept something on top to weigh it down. I went over there to feed his fish for him once. I opened the lid, and the fish jumped out ONTO the floor!! I about died. I never offered to feed his Oscars for him again.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Savannah wrote:
My brother had two Oscars. The one Oscar was HUGE. And, I swear, he repeatedly tried to jump out of the tank. The tank had a lid, but the fish was so big, he could push it up. So, Aaron kept something on top to weigh it down. I went over there to feed his fish for him once. I opened the lid, and the fish jumped out ONTO the floor!! I about died. I never offered to feed his Oscars for him again.

Mine jumps like that when he's hungry. The only thing I've had jump out though is a shark.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:48 pm

We have a tank full of guppies and so far, so good. Of course we don't end up with too many babies; I guess the others eat them.

We have an algae eater in with them; helps keep the tank clean.

We did have a little white frog but for some reason it ended up dying. I gave it a proper burial at sea ending up with a "flushing" salute!

Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 HummerCrazy things pets do.. - Page 2 MistiKeeperCrazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Bookclub5Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Misti wrote:
We have a tank full of guppies and so far, so good. Of course we don't end up with too many babies; I guess the others eat them.

We have an algae eater in with them; helps keep the tank clean.

We did have a little white frog but for some reason it ended up dying. I gave it a proper burial at sea ending up with a "flushing" salute!

They will eat their young sometimes, but if you feed them regular, it'll stop. You gotta watch though. Those things breed like rabbits, and mess up your tank.

Low watt bulbs are good to keep algae down. I messed up and put energy savers in my guppy tank, and it algaed up like crazy. They were low watt, but bright light, and it was a mess. Ohwell. Lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:17 pm

flatbroke wrote:
They will eat their young sometimes, but if you feed them regular, it'll stop. You gotta watch though. Those things breed like rabbits, and mess up your tank.

I don't mind too much them eating them; easy population control. But we do have a bunch of them but not really any babies.

You would think they were starving, the way they flock to where you feed them and they eat regularly. Pigs! Nope, I meant fish! grinsmiley

Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 HummerCrazy things pets do.. - Page 2 MistiKeeperCrazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Bookclub5Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Misti wrote:
flatbroke wrote:

I don't mind too much them eating them; easy population control. But we do have a bunch of them but not really any babies.

You would think they were starving, the way they flock to where you feed them and they eat regularly. Pigs! Nope, I meant fish! grinsmiley

lol

You should try feeding my aggressives. Nobody even tries anymore but me. They swarm and jump up out of the water. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Are those the one they have in Wal-Mart in little containers all by themselves? I think that would freak me out...them doing that when I would try and feed them. I'd probably just let them starve to death!

A few months ago we were in Wal-mart looking at fish and another family was buying some. They were asking if some type of fish there would get along with their bigger fish and the salesman was like, "Let's see." He stuck the smaller fish in with the bigger ones and quick as a flash, the bigger ones ate them. He was like, "I guess not!"

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:02 am

Misti wrote:
Are those the one they have in Wal-Mart in little containers all by themselves? I think that would freak me out...them doing that when I would try and feed them. I'd probably just let them starve to death!

A few months ago we were in Wal-mart looking at fish and another family was buying some. They were asking if some type of fish there would get along with their bigger fish and the salesman was like, "Let's see." He stuck the smaller fish in with the bigger ones and quick as a flash, the bigger ones ate them. He was like, "I guess not!"

Nah. I've had bad luck with Wal-Mart fish. I got these at a pet store. But Wal-Mart has them.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

I'd rather skip the fish. I have more fun with my furry friends since the fish don't add anything to our playtime! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 7:53 pm

A fish sounds like a boring pet to me (no affence) You can't walk it or play with it just look at it!....but i guess for younger kids its good pet to teach them to take care of something like feeding it ECT!

that reminds me of a esp of full house were michelle has a goldfish and she kills it by mistake..she gives it a bath, she did't know u don't give fish baths.. just clean the fish's tank!
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:08 pm

sweetheart wrote:
A fish sounds like a boring pet to me (no affence) You can't walk it or play with it just look at it!....but i guess for younger kids its good pet to teach them to take care of something like feeding it ECT!

that reminds me of a esp of full house were michelle has a goldfish and she kills it by mistake..she gives it a bath, she did't know u don't give fish baths.. just clean the fish's tank!

lol...yeah fish are pretty boring unless you're old and lazy and just like watching your pets walk themselves. grinsmiley

I loved Full House. The Olsen twins were cool.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Fish could be exciting pets. Some of them have a strong personality...and they even FIGHTS between them! affraid

Vanesa.

Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:34 pm

This video is a bit more for the Christmas spirit, but it definitely fits with what crazy pets do! I absolutely love this dog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUL0KCIc48&feature=related

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 pm

flatbroke wrote:
sweetheart wrote:

lol...yeah fish are pretty boring unless you're old and lazy and just like watching your pets walk themselves. grinsmiley

I loved Full House. The Olsen twins were cool.

lol

ya full house used to be my favoried show...hehe
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:00 pm

My husband and I love dwarf hamsters. We walked into a pet store to buy some hamster food for the one we had. I went to look at the dwarf hamsters and I saw something I never thought I would see. This little hamster would run, climb on the house, jump off, stand on its hind legs, "faint," and do it all over again.
We stood there and watched her for a good 5-10 mins. even the store clerk was amazed and stated " she has never done that before." Naturally we had to get her. Do you think she ever did it again? NOOOOO. I think she smelled us coming. ROTFL

Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EdwinaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 12:36 am

LOL! That is crazy! ROTFL LOL! She was putting on a show so that you'd buy her!

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:18 pm

We had a hamster that would stuff his cheeks so full that he looked like a body builder.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:33 pm

Just yesterday my son & I stood at our kitchen window and observed our dog doing doing the craziest thing ever! Jenna (our Beagle) actually hid behind a tree watching her 'sister' (Our Golden Mix, Chelsey Wink ) who was standing about 30 feet away. Chelsey was not paying any attention to Jenna, her back facing her. Jenna did not move a muscle for at least a minute, and literally 'peered' around this tree! My son asked, "What the heck is she doing???" (he thought she was afraid of Chelsey for some reason), and I said, "No, I think she's playing hide and seek!!" He swore that she was not smart enough to actually do this...he's always teasing my other son how dumb 'his' dog is. :scratch: Well, sure enough, Chelsey started moving across the yard toward the tree (she did NOT know Jenna was there) and at the last minute Jenna jumped out at her and Chelsey freaked!! ROTFL OMG...SOOOOOO funny to watch and if ONLY I'd had my camcorder going!!! Guess our pea-brained Beagle isn't so stupid after all! Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Oh, that's funny, Amy!

BigAlice wrote:
We had a hamster that would stuff his cheeks so full that he looked like a body builder.

Laughing I told this before, but when my neighbor's daughter Linsey was about ten, she told me that she and her Mom had just come back from Walmart: "We got a lounge chair, some throw rugs, a laundry hamster..."

I think she meant "hamper." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Rob wrote:
:laughing33:I told this before, but when my neighbor's daughter Linsey was about ten, she told me that she and her Mom had just come back from Walmart: "We got a lounge chair, some throw rugs, a laundry hamster..."

I think she meant "hamper." Laughing

That is so funny, Rob. When I was typing hamster I had to make sure not to
type hampster instead.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Of course this isn't my pet, but while we were on the subject of hamsters ..... sorry to post back to back, but I just came across this again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crazy things pets do..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2