Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driving Tickets!

Go down 
+10
Coach Jon
ChristinaAL
Farmer Girl
bethandmanly
Amy
Rob
JW
flatbroke
pamh36
Carol
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Driving Tickets! Happy010

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:28 pm

Driving Tickets! 1862106

Okay, fess up... what tickets have you received from the cops? grinsmiley lol

I have received

a warning for speeding in a shool zone (in my defense, I felt I was driving as fast as the other cars... but I was able to only get a warning :P

a ticket for not having my lights on at night (in my defense, I was at the park and just drove two blocks! in a lighted part of the city) lol

a ticket for missing a stop sign (in my defense, it was in a neighborhood where there was nobody and I was also sick w/ the flu that day)

:shy:

Driving Tickets! Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:30 pm

A seatbelt ticket.
A speeding ticket.
A ticket for tinted windows.

Now you are probably going to jinx me and get me a ticket when I go out to pick up the kids. :haha:

Driving Tickets! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Driving Tickets! Party010

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Believe it or not (knock wood), not a single one. Ever. When I'm behind the wheel, I'm all business.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Well, there was this fire hydrant once in Illinois when I drove truck, but I didn't actually get a ticket........
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Driving Tickets! Happy011

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Intresting as you know i don't drive except once on a Gravel Road but did't get caught so no Tickets or Warnings

Driving Tickets! Jacobk10Driving Tickets! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Driving Tickets! Goodsi10

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:54 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Well, there was this fire hydrant once in Illinois when I drove truck, but I didn't actually get a ticket........

Fire hydrants are illegal in Illinois?
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Rob wrote:
flatbroke wrote:

Fire hydrants are illegal in Illinois?

No, but you know what's funny? They were moving it because of road widening. And when I hit it with the belly box on my trailer, it put it almost EXACTLY where they were moving it.

For this favor to the great state of Illinois, I got charged $300.

Ain't life great? Cool
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Driving Tickets! Love-s10

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Um, I hate to admit it, but I do have a lead-foot! :shy: But the last ticket I got was really unfair. I was going 30 in a 25!!! :scratch: I mean....please. Do you know how hard it is to actually drive 25 mph?!?! :sad5:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:15 pm

flatbroke wrote:
No, but you know what's funny? They were moving it because of road widening. And when I hit it with the belly box on my trailer, it put it almost EXACTLY where they were moving it. For this favor to the great state of Illinois, I got charged $300.

That stinks. Seems like they should've paid you.

I got one speeding ticket three years ago. That's the extent of my driving offenses.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Amy wrote:
Um, I hate to admit it, but I do have a lead-foot! :shy: But the last ticket I got was really unfair. I was going 30 in a 25!!! :scratch: I mean....please. Do you know how hard it is to actually drive 25 mph?!?! :sad5:

I think my situation was very similar when I got stopped for "speeding" in a school zone! the thing is... there were no kids around at that moment...

Driving Tickets! Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Driving Tickets! Bokmal10

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:51 pm

I've only gotten a warning for going 37 in a 30. I used to be a lead foot, but it's hard not to be when you drive a Grand National. We were taking it to Boston one day for a Bruins game and I was well over 80, came around a curve and saw a black and white. Luckily, I slowed down and stayed level with a big rig, so the radar didn't pick me up...either that or he was too into his donut to notice me flying by. :pilot:

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 5:14 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I've only gotten a warning for going 37 in a 30. I used to be a lead foot, but it's hard not to be when you drive a Grand National. We were taking it to Boston one day for a Bruins game and I was well over 80, came around a curve and saw a black and white. Luckily, I slowed down and stayed level with a big rig, so the radar didn't pick me up...either that or he was too into his donut to notice me flying by. :pilot:

I like the way you talk.

I once had a hotrodder try to duck in my blindspots when I drove rig. I hit the trailer brakes and made a little dog leg, and the trooper caught him trying to get around the swing.

He tried to haul ass, but you can't outrun a radio. The driver in front of me did the same thing, and drove him into the median, where 6 Texas troopers got him.

Man it was cool.Image hosted by servimg.com

Was that a BUICK Grand National?

What year?
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 5:47 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Believe it or not

I don't. grinsmiley

Driving Tickets! FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Driving Tickets! Little
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:27 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Believe it or not (knock wood), not a single one. Ever. When I'm behind the wheel, I'm all business.

I just consider myself lucky. ROTFL No tickets...knock on wood!

Edit: But, a warning once for my registration being expired when I was...18 or 19 I think. I had no idea, and used the excuse "my dad takes care of this stuff!" Luckily though, all I got was a card for the mechanic to fill out and for me to mail back.

Driving Tickets! ChristinaKeeper2 Driving Tickets! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:19 pm

flatbroke wrote:

No, but you know what's funny? They were moving it because of road widening. And when I hit it with the belly box on my trailer, it put it almost EXACTLY where they were moving it.

For this favor to the great state of Illinois, I got charged $300.

Ain't life great? Cool

No good deed goes unpunished, Larry! ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:50 pm

I haven't gotten too many, but here are a few I can recall from the last decade...

1) Driving without a license
2) Driving with an expired license
3) Failure to yield
4) Failure to stop
5) Driving over the line
6) Driving through the grass
7) Not wearing a seatbelt
8) Speeding
9) Speeding, again
10) Speeding a third time
11) Another speeding ticket (but I contest this one was unfair)
12) A final speeding ticket
13) Driving past curfew (when I was younger)
14) Driving in the wrong lane
15) Driving in the wrong direction
16) Busted tail light
17) Failure to use headlights at night
18) Too many passengers in a car
19) Parking in a private lot
20) Honking at pedestrians at night
21) Driving on the sidewalk

And I think there may have been a few others. But like I said, not many. I'm a fairly good driver... I think. :unsure:

Driving Tickets! NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Driving Tickets! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:54 pm

:faint2:

So, have you finished papering your walls with those.........Or do you need a few more? :sillySmiley:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:07 pm

Um, Jon, looking at your location... most students at the Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children find someone else to drive them to and from school. :unsure:
Back to top Go down

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Rob wrote:
Um, Jon, looking at your location... most students at the Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children find someone else to drive them to and from school. :unsure:

ROTFL That was priceless Rob! ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
I haven't gotten too many, but here are a few I can recall from the last decade...

And I think there may have been a few others. But like I said, not many. I'm a fairly good driver... I think. :unsure:

Did you have something against the road? ROTFL

Driving Tickets! HummerDriving Tickets! MistiKeeperDriving Tickets! Bookclub5Driving Tickets! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Driving Tickets! Pbucket

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:54 am

None so far, touch wood, but I thinks it's only by sheer luck as I'm a bit heavy on the accelorator at times!

Driving Tickets! MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:02 am

Rob wrote:

ROTFL

You just about killed me, Rob.

Misti wrote:
Did you have something against the road? ROTFL

Well, when you think about it... at one time, there were no roads to drive on. I like to think of myself as a traditionalist. grinsmiley

Driving Tickets! NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 8:29 am

Coach Jon wrote:

1) Driving without a license
2) Driving with an expired license
3) Failure to yield
4) Failure to stop
5) Driving over the line
7) Not wearing a seatbelt
8) Speeding
9) Speeding, again
10) Speeding a third time
11) Another speeding ticket (but I contest this one was unfair)
12) A final speeding ticket
13) Driving past curfew (when I was younger)
14) Driving in the wrong lane
15) Driving in the wrong direction
16) Busted tail light
17) Failure to use headlights at night
18) Too many passengers in a car
19) Parking in a private lot
20) Honking at pedestrians at night

Nah, just a few I see. ROTFL

Driving Tickets! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Driving Tickets! Love-s10

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:50 am

Coach Jon wrote:
Rob wrote:

ROTFL

You just about killed me, Rob.

Me too!!Driving Tickets! MDR99 Loved your post too, Jon! grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Driving Tickets! Bokmal10

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:15 am

flatbroke wrote:
Was that a BUICK Grand National?

What year?

It's a '86. It is now in the garage--hence the need for a three-car garage when we built the house. It needs to be painted and detailed, but it's still a darn fun ride. Hubby keeps saying he's going to sell it, but I remind him that the girls won't be little forever and then we old foggies can take that baby on the highway and have some fun. I'm afraid if he sells "Baby" now that he'll regret in it ten years.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

Driving Tickets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! Empty

Back to top Go down

Driving Tickets!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next