Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driving Tickets!

Go down 
+10
Coach Jon
ChristinaAL
Farmer Girl
bethandmanly
Amy
Rob
JW
flatbroke
pamh36
Carol
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Bokmal10

Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:15 am

Rob wrote:
Um, Jon, looking at your location... most students at the Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children find someone else to drive them to and from school. :unsure:

Well, actually, if we want to get picky, they are probably still using horse drawn wagons back there.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Driving Tickets! - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 11:01 am

bethandmanly wrote:
flatbroke wrote:
Was that a BUICK Grand National?

What year?

It's a '86. It is now in the garage--hence the need for a three-car garage when we built the house. It needs to be painted and detailed, but it's still a darn fun ride. Hubby keeps saying he's going to sell it, but I remind him that the girls won't be little forever and then we old foggies can take that baby on the highway and have some fun. I'm afraid if he sells "Baby" now that he'll regret in it ten years.

Wasn't the Buick Grand National only came out limited edition or something? And they only have it in black...I think. It's a very cool car. I remember seeing them in drag races back in the late 80's.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 11:03 am

I received one speeding ticket once in Virginia while driving to Georgia in the mid 90s. bawling

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Rob wrote:
Um, Jon, looking at your location... most students at the Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children find someone else to drive them to and from school. :unsure:

:Hahaha: Rob! Leave it to you to come up with something like that!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
Rob wrote:

ROTFL

You just about killed me, Rob.

Oh my gosh!! ROTFL Jon, you set yourself up sooo good for that one!!! You gotta watch out for Rob! :Hahaha:

Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Lily wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
flatbroke wrote:
Was that a BUICK Grand National?

What year?

It's a '86. It is now in the garage--hence the need for a three-car garage when we built the house. It needs to be painted and detailed, but it's still a darn fun ride. Hubby keeps saying he's going to sell it, but I remind him that the girls won't be little forever and then we old foggies can take that baby on the highway and have some fun. I'm afraid if he sells "Baby" now that he'll regret in it ten years.

Wasn't the Buick Grand National only came out limited edition or something? And they only have it in black...I think. It's a very cool car. I remember seeing them in drag races back in the late 80's.

Yes, they were made in '86 and '87 only. They're always Black, but a similiar looking car was released in different colors. Can't remember what the heck that one is called. The '86 has chrome around a black grill and the '87 is all black. Right now we need to replace the brakes. Finally got a hold of the parts off eBay, but need to bring it to the mechanic to fix them. That's part of why he wants to sell it. He doesn't know enough about cars and part swaps to maintain the car. But I think it would be foolish to sell it. If nothing else, it reminds us of what we did when we were younger. He's turning 40 on the 7th and I'll hit the same in July. UGH! Hard to believe we've been on the planet this long. LOL! [Once again, Cheryl has opened herself up to Larry's sick sense of humor.]

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Oh Cheryl, I think it's the Monte Carlo (the late 80s model) that looks very similar to the Grand National. I hope you guys won't sell yours, it sure is a beauty!!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm

The Monte SS has the same bodyr, but it's the Buick Regal T-Type I was thinking of. I had to look it up. LOL!

Driving Tickets! - Page 2 MonteCarloSS
Monte SS

Driving Tickets! - Page 2 86BuickT-Type

'86 Buick T-Type

Driving Tickets! - Page 2 86GN

'86 Buick Grand National

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:41 am

That's a tough looking car Cheryl.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:47 am

Coach Jon wrote:
I haven't gotten too many, but here are a few I can recall from the last decade...

1) Driving without a license
2) Driving with an expired license
3) Failure to yield
4) Failure to stop
5) Driving over the line
6) Driving through the grass
7) Not wearing a seatbelt
8) Speeding
9) Speeding, again
10) Speeding a third time
11) Another speeding ticket (but I contest this one was unfair)
12) A final speeding ticket
13) Driving past curfew (when I was younger)
14) Driving in the wrong lane
15) Driving in the wrong direction
16) Busted tail light
17) Failure to use headlights at night
18) Too many passengers in a car
19) Parking in a private lot
20) Honking at pedestrians at night
21) Driving on the sidewalk

And I think there may have been a few others. But like I said, not many. I'm a fairly good driver... I think. :unsure:

Do you have a bumper sticker that says "I'm driving. No complaining. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on."? Cool
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 8:08 am

flatbroke wrote:
That's a tough looking car Cheryl.

It's a fun ride too. Punch it, your head goes back, and it's got that wonderful throaty sound too.

Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 8:39 am

flatbroke wrote:
Do you have a bumper sticker that says "I'm driving. No complaining. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on."? Cool

Laughing

Nah, but I probably should get one that says "Blame the DMV"

Driving Tickets! - Page 2 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:48 am

I don't know.............Considering #20 and #21, maybe you should get one that says
"If you don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk!"
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Savannah wrote:
I don't know.............Considering #20 and #21, maybe you should get one that says
"If you don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk!"

ROTFL

Driving Tickets! - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Driving Tickets! - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driving Tickets!   Driving Tickets! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Driving Tickets!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2