Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm afraid!

Go down 
+12
Carol
ChristinaAL
JW
Teresa
Lily
Rob
pamh36
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Coach Jon
Savannah
LIWnut
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I'm afraid! - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : I'm afraid! - Page 3 Happy010

I'm afraid! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks, Marilyn, for keeping us posted. Life can certainly be complicated, can't it?

Keeping you in prayer,

Savannah
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : I'm afraid! - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 11:22 pm

LIWnut wrote:
My dad had to go and have a blood test this morning. The dr just called and said that hsi blood is at a dangerous level. So mom has just taken him to the office to be given some medication. I am concerned due to the "dangerous level" title that they have it. But I am sure that the meds that he will be given in the next hour or so will get it under control. If it was really horrible, they would have sent him back to the ER. Please keep praying for my dad. He has been doing really well over the past few days.

What does that mean exactly "dangerous level"? Are we talking toxins? So, the meds might be causing this? Good grief Marilyn, you and your family sure are having a time of it lately. I'll be praying for all of you.

{{HUGS}}

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : I'm afraid! - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 8:26 am

The med that he is to stop for a day or so is "fondly" known as rat poison, lol. It can't be given to lab rats because it kills them. He has to get his blood thinned out or it could cause major problems.
I, on the other hand, am doing well. I have to call the dr today and let him know that I am just about back to normal and hopefully he will let me go back to work soon.

I'm afraid! - Page 3 MarilynKeeper I'm afraid! - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:20 am

Marilyn, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you are feeling better.

That medicine for your dad sounds pretty scary!! I'm continuing to keep him in my prayers.

I'm afraid! - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : I'm afraid! - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:27 pm

I'm glad you feel better

I'll keep praying for your dad

I'm afraid! - Page 3 Jacobk10I'm afraid! - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I'm afraid! - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:21 am

That's GREAT news, Marilyn! I'm happy you're doing better. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Good for you, Marilyn: but please keep us updated about your father... No How is he doing now?

Vanesa.

I'm afraid! - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:45 am

We have just returned from the dr. Dad is on another medication that he will take for the rest of his day. It's Warfrin (sp?) to keep his blood thin. He has a few appointments over the next few weeks to make sure that he is doing well.
Mom had a check up, she is well. Then I snuck in for a little visit with the dr too. I am well enough to return to work starting next Tuesday, for half days. He is concerned about my duties there and so I will be only working at the coffee station for at least 2 weeks, so I don't move around too much. At the coffee station, I just stand in one place and make coffee for the drive thru window. I don't have to run anywhere like everyone else in the store does at other positions. So, I went in and let them know and my first shift will be on Tuesday from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm. I'm excited, can't wait.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:38 am

Well That Nice to Hear that you Parents are well now and you to Have Fun At Work Make Lots of French Vanillas lol

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Thanks Jacob. French Vanilla, is that your Timmy's favourite? It is kinda getting too warm for people to want many of those. Now everyone is in the mood for Ice Cappichinos! Not me though, I am a die hard COFFEE fan, even though I work there, I can't stay away from the stuff.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well and that you're going to be able to return to work!!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Yes Marilyn French Vanilla is my Favorite I have't had one in ages though it is kind of too warm i don't really care for the Ice Caps either in the Summer i LOVE Ice Cream About a block or two open a Ice Cream and Burger Resturant I want to Try there ice Cream yet it's one of those that closes for Part of the Winter

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Tomorrow is my first workday. I'm only going for 4 hrs but I'm a little nervous. I have been a little sore over the past few days due to being overactive. I have been out walking trying to get back into the swing of things. I guess I need to shorten my walks.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 5:35 pm

I hope everything goes okay tomorrow, Marilyn. I'll be thinking about you.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:35 pm

I Hope you have a nice work day

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Marilyn, sweettie, it will be all right. Just take it easy and don't try to do too much. EAse back into your schedule.

Good luck!

{{HUGS}}

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:10 am

Have been praying for you today, Marilyn! Hope today is going okay for you!

I'm afraid! - Page 3 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:25 pm

Well, I survived the day. It was painful but I did it. Will do it again tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:25 pm

{{{Marilyn}}} I'm sorry that the day was painful for you. Try to get lots of rest tonight. Stick around here. grinsmiley We'll keep you company.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Go on, girl! I know you are able to do it! You survived a day of work and you'll survive another one. I'm sure of it, since you are the kind of people who does it! Thumbsup Applause

Vanesa.

I'm afraid! - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I'm afraid! - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:47 am

Marilyn, I'm sure it's a rough trasition going back to work now. I pray every day will get a little easier for you. (((HUGS)))

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:12 pm

I didn't go to work today. I pulled a muscle in my neck and my arm is numb. It' the one I use to pour coffee so I am unable to do it today. I am going to the chiropractor in an hour so I'll be back in shape after I see him and will go to work tomorrow. The side is sore too so one more day off is a blessing to give it time to heal too.
I'm a mess! lol banghead bawling

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Oh, Marilyn!! What rotten timing! I mean.......There's never really a "good" time to pull a muscle.....But goodness!

I'm glad that you're able to go to the Chiropracter. I hope that he's able to make you feel MUCH better.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Wow Marilyn, hope you feel better!
To help you deal, just think "It could be worse".... that's helped me in tough situations... once I think about other people who have it very bad, my problem becomes small and helps me face it .....

Hang in there buddy Smiley Hug

I'm afraid! - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Oh thats is not good i hope the Chiropracter can help you feel better

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm afraid!   I'm afraid! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm afraid!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Prairie Voices: Advice & Prayer Requests-
Jump to: