Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"

Go down 
+26
easyt72000
Davetucson
LHOTP-boy
Shell
fiddlefancy
Ruth
ChristineLovesLHOTP
amyk
Krissy
Vanesa
jes9
MissOleson
Robinsgirl
Gin
Teresa
carolineingalls
bethandmanly
emilyanneoftheprairie
Lori
Rhonda
david
Prairie Dweller
ChristinaAL
Savannah
JW
Carol
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Happy010

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 10:15 pm

That's actually a cute picture of him as a young boy. (But he was still lazy, and I can't abide laziness.)
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:03 pm

Those were cute pictures of him, Rhonda.

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:39 am

He definitely ended up being better looking than he was on the show.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 pm

wow....love the young b&w of him and the older picture. He just went through an ugly stage I guess in his teen years. Although I'm sure if you take the overalls off of him and put him in some 70's clothes he would have looked much better! LOL
At least Melissa didnt have to kiss him....YUCK!

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Gin wrote:
Although I'm sure if you take the overalls off of him and put him in some 70's clothes he would have looked much better! LOL

Oh yes. Those 70's clothes could make anyone look great. Huh? :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Ya'll are so hard on poor Jonny! I didn't think he was that ugly! He was nice and respectful! Not everyone is perfect! I think she liked him because he was nice to her *and not as ugly as you make him out to be* besides beauty is only skin deap. I liked him; I thought he was kidna cute. I loved laura's sceam to wear her Sunday dress. Her face when she gets up the stairs! And she thought her parents didnt know..... :shifty: Laura's bonnet looked kinda funny with her blue dress. I feel sorry for Laura in this one; it must be horrible to like a guy and he doesn't know I she exists. Then the sweetheart tree. Oh horrer I would die if Jo..... :unsure: I mean someone did that to me... *phew* Whistle

Edit: HAHAH OH MY AHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!! ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL He said Golly Moses!!! ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.

Last edited by Robinsgirl on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Reporting as I watch.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:45 am

Good episode, but Johnny is fugly! Seriously, couldn't they have found a better looking actor to play Johnny?! Was he the only one who showed up for the audition? LOL
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Savannah wrote:
The episode is okay..........I just can't see what Laura sees in Johnny Johnson! He isn't very . . . . . . well, he's.........He isn't the sharpest ax in the shed! He isn't very handsome (which is fine if you have character!) he isn't motivated....He's just . . . . male. That's it. At least he's harmless. But it would have made more sense if he weren't seeming to be so lacking in grey matter.
Maybe that was the point. Maybe they didn't want there to be anything obvious about him for Laura to develop a crush on him. Maybe they wanted people to say "Why?". But I think little girls have a crazy habit of developing crushes on guys that aren't anything special, anyway. When I look back on it, I know I did, and I know I had friends who did that, too.

Rhonda wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, and those of you who can remember better than me please help here, but wasn't there a Johnny Johnson in one of Laura's books? Somehow I remember reading his name while reading one of her books.....:think:
He wasn't a love interest, just someone who lived in town and mentioned in her book.......Michael Landon just turned him into a love interest for the story...... :scratch:

This is supposedly the REAL Johnny Johnson. I took a picture of it when I was in Walnut Grove, but I am too lazy to look for it now. Smile So, luckily, I managed to find it online. Smile

[img]"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Johnnyjohnson[/img]

I guess I am in the minority here. I actually like the episode. I think it is a cute episode. I personally think it is a lot better than "To See the World". That one doesn't do much for me at all.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:31 pm

I actually like this episode also. But then, I also (kind of) like The Godsister too. I know, I'm weird.

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:45 pm

I think the real Johnny Johnson was really handsome. I think that Laura could have developped a crush on him. However, it was not the case. greenS Johnny Johnson was a not very bright Norwegian Walnut Grove cow's shepherd...And he was not interested in Mary, either.

Vanesa.

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Vanesa wrote:
I think the real Johnny Johnson was really handsome.
I know. He isn't bad, is he? I kind of wish I knew what he looked like when he was a little younger. Probably just the same, but younger, right? grinsmiley He wouldn't have had the mustache, though, and I would like to see him like that.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 pm

i never understood what she saw in him..LOL

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Watched this one again.....I enjoy it, although it will not likely ever be one of my all-time favorites. But I do love the way that Ma and Pa deal with Laura. Except something Pa says does not make sense to me. He talks to Laura about her being jealous of Mary and says that he was jealous, too, because someone (meaning Johnny) was trying to steal his best girl. In the scene, he obviously means Laura, but in reality Johnny was not trying to steal Laura, so that part does not make sense to me.

Does everyone notice, too, that when Pa plays the fiddle while Carrie is going to bed he plays the ending "theme song" but just really slowly?
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:25 am

Quote :
Does everyone notice, too, that when Pa plays the fiddle while Carrie is going to bed he plays the ending "theme song" but just really slowly?

Yes, I've noticed that. I think that's an anachronism, as I'm pretty sure the theme was written for the show, i.e. in the 1970s rather than the 1870s.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 am

BTW, here's a link to information about the LHotP theme music -- http://www.classicthemes.com/50sTVThemes/themePages/littleHouse.html. The closing theme is called "When I'm With You" and was composed by David Rose in 1974. The opening theme is called (hold onto your chairs, folks) "The Little House Theme".

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:40 am

I wonder how many TV shows have different opening and closing themes. Off the top of my head, I can think of All in the Family, Frasier, and 7th Heaven. I'm sure there are others. Actualy, I'm not sure about Frasier -- the closing might just be a segment of the same theme as the opening with lyrics. I was going to mention The Jeffersons, but I think the closing (the humming part) is just a variation of the opening "Movin' On Up" theme. Actually, these days, many TV shows don't have theme songs at all. They just come on at the top of the hour with a scene and then do the opening credits when they come out of the first commercial. I guess this is a trick to hook viewers at the top of the hour so that they won't switch channels.

Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:12 am

I think that is sad...theme songs and the opening credits should be so good that it is what makes a viewer even start watching the show. I love good theme songs or fun ones.

GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, while it was the same song, had a different verse to close out the show. I think THE FLINTSTONES may have done something similar?
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

I think they don't do theme songs anymore because they don't have time for it. There are so many more commercials that if they did a theme song there wouldn't be much point of doing the show.

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Lori wrote:
I think they don't do theme songs anymore because they don't have time for it. There are so many more commercials that if they did a theme song there wouldn't be much point of doing the show.

Maybe...but all the magic of the shows is lost . I don't think the reasons could be commercial, since they could always sell those theme songs, as they did formerly. And I don't really believe they does that for time reasons...What for time? We, watchers, enjoyed these theme songs as well as the show ITSELF, and waited for them. When we heard those tunes, we already knew our favorite show was beginning! Smile

Vanesa.

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Cute episode, although not a favorite of mine

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Lori wrote:

Maybe...but all the magic of the shows is lost . I don't think the reasons could be commercial, since they could always sell those theme songs, as they did formerly. And I don't really believe they does that for time reasons...What for time? We, watchers, enjoyed these theme songs as well as the show ITSELF, and waited for them. When we heard those tunes, we already knew our favorite show was beginning! Smile

Vanesa.
I've noticed too.New shows don't have theams.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 am

Cute one although I haven't watched it for a while... Smile

Leaves "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
fiddlefancy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
fiddlefancy

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:22 am

Me and my family recently moved to a new house and NO JOKE- my new neighbors name is Johnny Johnson!! I was soo excited!
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:23 am

Haha! That's funny fiddlefancy!!! greenS

Leaves "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:35 pm

I often wonder what Mary was going to call Laura when Laura told her to shut up after Laura called Mary two faced for being nice to Johnny's face, then saying other stuff behind his back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"   "THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE LOVE OF JOHNNY JOHNSON"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next