Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A few drawings...

Go down 
+38
Kamberley
Praire Girl
Davetucson
Ruth
littlehousefan200
Honeybee
J.v.Hunen
Julia
Krissy
amyk
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
Vanesa
Kristina
Susie
Robinsgirl
flatbroke
Gin
Lily
Lori
Farmer Girl
EllieJane
Misti
carolineingalls
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
emilyanneoftheprairie
Carol
LIWnut
pamh36
Amy
Teresa
bethandmanly
Rob
Prairie Wind
Alice
JW
Savannah
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A few drawings... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : A few drawings... Happy010

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 pm

I don't remember if I mentioned anything about this here on the board, or if I'd just been talking about it in PMs and such........But, earlier this year, I found a wonderful book at the library that gave detailed directions on how to draw portraits in pencil. I was so impressed with the book that I bought a copy for myself, and have been using it for the past few months to try to learn how to draw portraits that look relatively lifelike. So, now I've started on portraits of my precious niece and nephews. I started with Caleb, because I knew exactly what photo I'd use for reference. So, anyway..........If you want to peek at my little Golden Boy.....the best birthday present I ever got......Here's my Caleb:

A few drawings... Picture1153

Last edited by Savannah on Sun May 03, 2009 8:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Oh Savannah, it's perfect. You are so talented! Applause So much detail. Please share more. batEyes
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : A few drawings... Happy011

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:49 pm

Oh It's Wonderful Please Share more of your work you could become a Pro

A few drawings... Jacobk10A few drawings... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:10 pm

:shy: Thank you, Susie and Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 am

That is wonderful!

I used to do pencil sketches, but not that good.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:25 am

Wow, Savannah! That's great! So, did you do the group portrait in your siggy too?

A few drawings... Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : A few drawings... Goodsi10

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:59 am

That's beautiful! You have been blessed with a rare and wonderful gift, my friend.

Jacob wrote:
you could become a Pro

You certainly could. I'm sure there's no shortage of people who would pay good money to see a Savannah-sketched portrait of their loved ones.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A few drawings... Bokmal10

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 10:11 am

I agree. Savannah is very talented. I love this drawing!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 10:45 am

Savannah,
You have such a wonderful and beautiful talent!! Your sketch is amazing!

A few drawings... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : A few drawings... Love-s10

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 12:07 pm

I love this sketch! He looks like such a sweet boy! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
Wow, Savannah! That's great! So, did you do the group portrait in your siggy too?

Wave Thank you, Holly. Yes, I did the group portrait, too. It was a birthday present for my Mom.

Rob wrote:
That's beautiful! You have been blessed with a rare and wonderful gift, my friend.

:shy: Thank you so much, Rob. You've been a big encouragement to me. And you have the patience of a saint.

bethandmanly wrote:
I love this drawing!

Love Thank you, Cheryl! That's my little fella. grinsmiley

Teresa wrote:
Savannah,
You have such a wonderful and beautiful talent!! Your sketch is amazing!

:shy: Thank you, Teresa.

Amy wrote:
I love this sketch! He looks like such a sweet boy! Thumbsup

Oh, thank you, Amy - He is the sweetest little boy I could ever imagine. Love Love Each of the children have such different personalities, and so many things about them that I love. It would make it easy to sit for hours drawing them. grinsmiley

You all are the sweetest people. Thank you for your kind compliments. I'm just glad that you can't see how much you're making me blush. :shy:
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 2:15 pm

Your attention to detail amazes me, Savannah!! Just look at those "smiling" eyes...incredicble. You should be very proud of your work.

A few drawings... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : A few drawings... Cloud910

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Wow Savannah, that's is an amazing drawing. Have you taken lessons before you bought the book? I could never do anything like that. Wow!!

A few drawings... MarilynKeeper A few drawings... Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 3:28 pm

Beautiful Applause

A few drawings... Horses10
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Savannah! that picture is sooo good. you definatley could be a pro!

A few drawings... Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
A few drawings... Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : A few drawings... Purple2

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 5:35 pm

A few drawings... 36_1_55 Wonderful work Savannah.......you are very talented........God has surely blessed you with this........by the way.......are you left handed??? :think:

A few drawings... 7_20_2v

A few drawings... Rhonda10A few drawings... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:55 pm

What a beautiful portrait! Have you shown it to Caleb yet, Savannah? I'm sure he'll be delighted! I love his smile, he looks like such a sweet boy. Thank you for sharing this with us, you have such talent! Applause

A few drawings... ChristinaKeeper2 A few drawings... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Savannah, how long did it take you to do it?
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Whats the Book call? I would never be abel to learn with a book i can't even draw anything lol

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Your attention to detail amazes me, Savannah!! Just look at those "smiling" eyes...incredible. You should be very proud of your work.

Pam, thank you so much! I was trying to give him smiling eyes!! Cheer

LIWnut wrote:
Wow Savannah, that's is an amazing drawing. Have you taken lessons before you bought the book? I could never do anything like that. Wow!!

{{{Marilyn}}} Thank you! No, I've never had any art lessons of any kind. I'd only drawn stick figure type things before. But the book I found gave such clear directions, it made it a lot of fun to give it a try. (It's "How to Draw Lifelike Portraits from Photographs" by Lee Hammond, if you're interested. Cool )

Carol wrote:
Beautiful Applause

Thank you, Carol!

emilyanneoftheprairie wrote:
Savannah! that picture is sooo good. you definatley could be a pro!

:shy: Thank you, Emily.

Rhonda wrote:
A few drawings... 36_1_55 Wonderful work Savannah.......you are very talented........God has surely blessed you with this........by the way.......are you left handed??? :think:

Smiley Hug Thank you, Rhonda! And yes, I'm left-handed. (Mostly, anyway. I'm ambidextrous, except for using scissors. lol )

ChristinaAL wrote:
What a beautiful portrait! Have you shown it to Caleb yet, Savannah? I'm sure he'll be delighted! I love his smile, he looks like such a sweet boy. Thank you for sharing this with us, you have such talent! Applause

Thank you, Christina! I showed the sketch to Caleby, and he gasped and said "OH MY WORD! That looks just like ME!" Love

Susie wrote:
Savannah, how long did it take you to do it?

I think it took between sixteen and eighteen hours. It might have been more. I worked on it for a little over a week, putting time into it when I could.

Thank you again, everyone. I'm really glad that you don't mind that I posted it. :shy:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:53 pm

JW wrote:
Whats the Book call? I would never be abel to learn with a book i can't even draw anything lol

It's How to Draw Lifelike Portraits from Photographs by Lee Hammond. And I hadn't drawn anything before, either - So, you never know, Jacob! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks Savannah I'll Give a Try Drawing is in my blood cause 3 or 4 are Drawers one of them even gotten a Pictuer Publish but he quit now hes raising his family

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Savannah wrote:

Pam, thank you so much! I was trying to give him smiling eyes!! Cheer

You succeded with that very well. The eyes are the first thing that caught my attention. Applause

A few drawings... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 7:08 am

Savannah, we also used to call our Caleb, by the nicname Caleby. We still do someimes even though he's 22 now. grinsmiley

A few drawings... Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : A few drawings... Purple2

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 7:37 am

Savannah wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Smiley Hug Thank you, Rhonda! And yes, I'm left-handed. (Mostly, anyway. I'm ambidextrous, except for using scissors. lol )

The reason I asked is because I have a left-handed sister and my oldest son is left-handed and you wouldn't believe the talent that drips off of them.........they say "lefties" have the gift of talent, so you, my dear, have it!!! Thumbsup

A few drawings... Rhonda10A few drawings... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few drawings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few drawings...   A few drawings... Empty

Back to top Go down

A few drawings...
Page 1 of 38Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: