Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hurricane leftovers

Go down 
+8
Prairie Wind
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Rhonda
JW
Rob
bethandmanly
Savannah
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hurricane leftovers Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Happy010

Hurricane leftovers Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:06 pm

We're supposed to get hurricane leftovers, like many others..........But our dam was inspected last week, and a large structural flaw was found. (We'd had some severe flooding two years ago. Wouldn't you think they'd have inspected the dam then??) We have up to 12 inches of rain forecast for the next few days, so that'll really test the dam's strength. I'm relatively safe where I live, but it could cause a lot of damage and injury to others, so I'd appreciate your prayers.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:17 pm

We'll be praying here and I'll add you all to the prayer list at church tomorrow.

Stay safe!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:30 pm

I'll be praying!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 pm

I'll be praying

Hurricane leftovers Jacobk10Hurricane leftovers Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 8:11 am

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 am

I'll be praying as well......we were one of the first hurricane leftovers in its tracks.....we had rain, rain, rain and wind, wind, wind......The temp is much cooler now, but is the ground SOAKED!!!!! OhMy

By the way, I thought you were going to share a recipe with us...... :unsure:

Hurricane leftovers Rhonda10Hurricane leftovers Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:13 am

Uh-oh.......What recipe did I forget to share?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:14 am

I don't really know.....but you mentioned leftovers and I got hungry....... Whistle

Hurricane leftovers Rhonda10Hurricane leftovers Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:16 am

:Hahaha: Rhonda!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:51 am

You're in our prayers. I know we got a lot of rain yesterday, so all we're supposed to get today sure won't help. Keep us posted!

Hurricane leftovers PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 am

We are in for 3-5 inches today.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 3:10 pm

My prayers for everyone being affected by these terrible hurricanes. It's really scary to even think about!

Hurricane leftovers ChristinaKeeper2 Hurricane leftovers 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 6:53 pm

We're just in for cooler and welcome temps but my heart is with all those who had more than they counted on.

Hurricane leftovers Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:56 pm

We got 10.48 inches of water here in Indiana. Pretty much all the schools in our area were closed today and I even got a day off of work!! We are definitely getting the hurrican left overs. I can't remember the last time we had so much rain in a few days. It took my husband two hours to get to work because of all the closed roads.

Hurricane leftovers KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 3:55 pm

We had wind and rain overnight but the sun is shinning today. Some trees did come down but not in myarea.

Hurricane leftovers MarilynKeeper Hurricane leftovers Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Well, we got a little over 10" of rain, but the dam held! The river was low because of how little rain we'd gotten over the summer - but I know that your prayers helped, too. Thank you!

And thank you, Lord! What a relief.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:00 am

Whew! Good news Savannah. Hopefully we can all settled into a nice, calm Autumn!

Hurricane leftovers Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:41 am

That's good to hear, Savannah.

Hurricane leftovers PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 11:23 am

Savannah wrote:
Well, we got a little over 10" of rain, but the dam held! The river was low because of how little rain we'd gotten over the summer - but I know that your prayers helped, too. Thank you!

And thank you, Lord! What a relief.

Sorry I missed this thread, Savannah. Glad the dam held out! We had about the same amount as you and Kathy (wow Kathy, about your schools and work closing!!)...we've had flood warnings (even now) but so far we've been ok. I live right by the river (luckily not right on it) and it is VERY high. I can't believe it, considering how little rain we got this past summer!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:04 pm

This hurricane stuff is getting real old. Schools are not back up yet at all. Kids are supposed to go back Thursday, BUT we keep hearing about power not being up in many schools in the area. Our district is being rather quiet and not keeping us in the loop. It wouldnt surprise me if we aren't able to go back at all this week. That makes two weeks already.

Hurricane leftovers Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:15 pm

WOW. Blue I'm sorry to hear that, Gin. Are you having any trouble getting gasoline into your area? I have a friend down south, and she said that the gas stations who *did* have gas, didn't have power.....and the ones with power, have since run out of gas.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane leftovers Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Hope things go back to normal soon

Hurricane leftovers Jacobk10Hurricane leftovers Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 am

Savannah, Thats about how its been with the gas. The lines are shorter now, but without power in some places the pumps can't be used.
I just received an email about school--they are going to start on Thursday (25th) but there are still about 10 schools in the area that dont have the power on yet. It will be interesting how they plan to make all this time missed up.
Things are SLOWLY getting back to normal, but when these storms hit it leaves everyone upside down for some time.
I'll keep you all informed on things, again thanks for the concern and prayers.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:30 am

Savannah, Thats about how its been with the gas. The lines are shorter now, but without power in some places the pumps can't be used.
I just received an email about school--they are going to start on Thursday (25th) but there are still about 10 schools in the area that dont have the power on yet. It will be interesting how they plan to make all this time missed up.
Things are SLOWLY getting back to normal, but when these storms hit it leaves everyone upside down for some time.
I'll keep you all informed on things, again thanks for the concern and prayers.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:31 am

sorry for the double post....someone please take one off. Computer is weird today.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane leftovers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next