Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hurricane Season----on the lookout!

Go down 
+14
Carol
Kathleen Marie
pamh36
Rob
LIWnut
Misti
Savannah
bethandmanly
Lily
Alice
JW
Rhonda
Amy
Gin
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Love-s10

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:16 pm

Well I think we may need some advanced prayers for us folks in the gulf coast. Gustav is lurking and may be making us around Houston a visit by Tuesday. Here we are just getting used to this crazy school schedule and now it may be interupted. Just please pray this doesnt turn into a frenzy of panic. Alot of people prepare in advance, but you just never know how bad it can get. It was terribly hard to find tea and sugar in stores after Rita. Alot of things like that are produced in Louisana.
Thanks for your prayers and concerns. ( I might just head to Rhonda's house in Arkansas!)

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Whoa, that does sound scary, Gin! I will certainly keep you guys in my prayers!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Come on up Gin......I have plenty of tea and sugar........ Whistle

And by the way, I will be praying for your safety and all concerned..........
Thumbsup

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Rhonda10Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 pm

I will be praying

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Jacobk10Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:23 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with all, as Hurricane season nears.
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:34 pm

I am praying that Gustav stays away from where you are, Gin.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Hurricane Season----on the lookout! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 10:30 pm

I will remember you guys in my prayer, Gin.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:16 am

How is it going Gin? Everything ok?

I was just saying on Emilyanne's thread that I have a daycare family who left for Florida on Friday and I've been praying for their safety. They had showed on the news that the authorities were turning cars away from Louisianna, directing them North! OhMy

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 4:42 pm

So far everything is great here. (I'm 30 miles North of Houston, toward the east) We will start to get rain and winds starting tomorrow morning. We've just spent some time this afternoon moving trash cans and any other items that might cause damage if picked up by the winds. People in and south of Houston always have a BIG problem with flooding so please remember them. When Hurrican Allison came through it rained for 3 days straight and flooded bottom floor hospitals ect.
Our kids are out of school tomorrow for Labor Day and may have to miss Tuesday. Just depends on the flooding and damage.
Lousiana has been chosen once again for the biggest hit from this, so pray that the levee holds the surge of the storm. Those folks have just barely began to put things "back on their mantels."
Thanks for all your prayers. Its nice to know their is alot of people praying for our safety. Smiles.....Gin :thankyou2:

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:03 pm

I'll certainly be praying for you and everyone affected by this. It's awful that this is happening to everyone again. BTW, nothing like that happens up here so feel free to join us.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:08 pm

I have family in Jacksonville Beach, FL., and in the Dalls Ft. Worth area of Texas.

Hurricane's stink. They destroy so much.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 11:11 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I'll certainly be praying for you and everyone affected by this. It's awful that this is happening to everyone again. BTW, nothing like that happens up here so feel free to join us.

I was thinking the same thing, Cheryl. It's part of the reason I don't want to leave Michigan---nothing major, (at this point anyway) ever seems to happen here!

I hope all is still going ok Gin. I'm still praying! Thank God Louisianna didn't get hit too hard. Well, it's still bad, but we can thank God it wasn't nearly as bad as Katrina.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 9:06 am

Ok guys.....I've gased up the cars and stocked up on water, can goods ect. Looks like our area will be on the dirty side of the storm. I've got a dead 100 ft tree right outside my front door and with 100 plus mph winds it might not stay put.
My neighbor and I will probably camp out in her living room, as she seems to have less trees in her yard.
Schools everywhere are closing, but ours is a bit stubborn. We even have a football game tonight! Hope someone gets their head about them! My kid might not be blowing his horn there tonight....!
Keep all us again in your prayers. This is so messing with my grocery budget!!!!
I'll update as soon as I can. Smiling......GIN :titanic:

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 9:09 am

You got it Gin hope you stay safe

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Jacobk10Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Gin!! Sorry to hear you're getting hit with it! I can't even imagine how scary it must be! Sorry to hear about your poor tree too. No Prayers are going up for you...keep in touch with us if you can.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Prayers continue going out your way, Gin.

I don't understand school officials sometimes. What's the point of risking the lives of children? Just so they don't have to do a make-up day at the end of the year?? mad

Take care, and keep us posted as you're able!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Savannah wrote:
I don't understand school officials sometimes. What's the point of risking the lives of children? Just so they don't have to do a make-up day at the end of the year?? mad

That truly is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard too, Savannah. I mean, it's a hurricane for crying out loud!Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Hein62

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Know that I'm thinking of you, Gin. The storm was due to hit CC and I figured we would get rain from that. We live 50 miles southeast of SA. But now they say it will hit further north and I don't need the wind but I am praying for some rain. We're going to moving stuff around in our yard tonight.

Be safe! Love

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! HummerHurricane Season----on the lookout! MistiKeeperHurricane Season----on the lookout! Bookclub5Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Hurricane Season----on the lookout! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:17 pm

We're all praying for you guys, Gin. Please stay safe and keep us posted.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Hey everyone....so far we just have a HOT breeze blowing, but within a few hours it will start to pick up. I am exhausted already just trying to brace for all that might happen. Today I'm cooking, doing laundry and keeping the dishes clean so in case of a power outage we wont need that much right away.
My dog is wondering what is going on....she just knows she's taking a trip to the vet when I got the carrier out. Looked at me so worried!
I will keep everyone posted when I can. This storm is huge and looks like there will be lots of wind and rain.
My husband was off work last week so went back in to do an emergency shutdown (JCPenney) . He says all is secure unless the roof caves! NICE!
Keep us in your prayers....I know you are. Its great to have friends like all of you.
Smiles....Gin

Last edited by Gin on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Still praying! Thanks for updating us, Gin!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 2:03 pm

Thanks for the update, Gin. I was just reading about the hurricane on Yahoo news. Still praying for all of you! How are you holding up over there Misti?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Amy wrote:
Thanks for the update, Gin. I was just reading about the hurricane on Yahoo news. Still praying for all of you! How are you holding up over there Misti?

Update: Well, they showed Ike on the news and it looks like he is going to hit Galveston. The last weather planes that went into the storm reported 40' waves, so, unfortunately, they are saying Galveston will be under water, probably about 9' deep!

As for our area, we are expecting rain (not sure how much) and winds, about 40 mph. That is what I am worried about.

David and the guys got mostly everything that needed putting up done so hopefully it won't be scattered to the four winds. It is ironic because last year when we had a small twister came thru (the one that uprooted a big tree in the front yard--it is still there, maybe this one will carry the remains away!) and our dog, Lucky's, carrier was under the trailer and we never found it.

We we have an arbor/archway out front. It's got the 4 posts in the ground and a cow panel bent over against the posts. Come to find out, its not secured. And, I've got a flower growing on it, a plant growing on it and my hummingbird feeder on it. We will probably come back to find it gone. In 40 mph winds, it won't have a chance.

I've got to get busy in a bit, packing what we need to take with us and bathing the dogs since they are going, too.

We are heading to David's mother's house tonight and will probably check up on things sometime tomorrow afternoon. I am nervous to come back and see the damage and I'm hoping & praying that it is minimal.

So please pray for us, that the damage will only be minimal. Thanks everyone! And I'll check back in probably Saturday night.

If there is any damage, I will take some pics & post them.

Please just keep us, Galveston, Gin and all the area in your thoughts and prayers.

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! HummerHurricane Season----on the lookout! MistiKeeperHurricane Season----on the lookout! Bookclub5Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Will do, Misti. Stay safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm

Mist & Gin,(Farmer Girl, I believe you are from the South too.) I pray for your safety. Please stay safe. You guys are in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Season----on the lookout!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next