Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House Library

Go down 
+16
Honeybee
Robinsgirl
Tigru
Savannah
Rhonda
rana
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Wind
Vanesa
Gin
bethandmanly
JW
Debbie
Carol
ChristinaAL
LIWnut
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Little House Library - Page 2 Happy011

Little House Library - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 12:50 pm

No Proplem

Little House Library - Page 2 Jacobk10Little House Library - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Little House Library - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 2:45 pm

She's just thinking of me I guess. grinsmiley

Little House Library - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Little House Library - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 3:32 pm

I can't tell you how many people have called me Carol. Now I just ignore it.

C-H-E-R-Y-L (lol!)

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 3:38 pm

That's good that you ignore it Carol... err... I mean Cheryl Laughing

I think because they sound alike... lol

Little House Library - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 5:42 pm

I hope you're able to get those books Christina. Too bad you don't live around where I live. The gift shop at the Wilder Museum in WG has pretty much all the Caroline, Martha, Rose books. On my last visit, I picked up one of William Anderson's biographies on Laura.
I finished Missouri Homestead. It's now onto Children of Promise.
Diva convention? Just curious.
~C
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 6:07 pm

CindyV wrote:
Diva convention? Just curious.
~C

Dean's Divas is a group of fans committed to bringing about an Official Dean Butler website. We got together a little over a year ago and are still going strong. Some of us have met up, but most of us only know each other through our online ramblings. We are trying to plan a get together in Mansfield, MO in the summer of 2008.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Sounds like fun. I've always wanted to go to Mansfield and check out the museum.
BTW, has the website ever come about?
~C
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 9:54 pm

Well, you've done it, Cheryl. By giving me those links I've just ordered $30 worth of merchandise from the LIWMS site! (But at least I got your name right this time! LOL). Actually, I'm really excited at all I've ordered for that price, I think it's a good deal! I'm getting:

Across the Rolling River
Little City by the Lake (both "Caroline Years")
The Horn's Book LIW (William Anderson)
Old Town in the Green Groves (about 2 years not mentioned in LIW's books)
4 postcards with images of the family and site. I figure, I have many scrapbooks on the show, I will start one of the real-life Ingalls too, and someday when I get to MS and all of the other sites, I can add even more to them! Thumbsup

Little House Library - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Little House Library - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 10:38 pm

CindyV wrote:
Sounds like fun. I've always wanted to go to Mansfield and check out the museum.
BTW, has the website ever come about?
~C

No website yet. Dean is very shy and a private guy. But hopefully with enough prodding it will happen. Dean did stop by the Diva Yahoo Group a couple times last year. We're hoping once things slow down for him that he will make another appearance.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 10:40 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Well, you've done it, Cheryl. By giving me those links I've just ordered $30 worth of merchandise from the LIWMS site! (But at least I got your name right this time! LOL). Actually, I'm really excited at all I've ordered for that price, I think it's a good deal! I'm getting:

Across the Rolling River
4 postcards with images of the family and site. I figure, I have many scrapbooks on the show, I will start one of the real-life Ingalls too, and someday when I get to MS and all of the other sites, I can add even more to them! Thumbsup

Cool, now you can blame me if you're short of money later. LOL! I have all the books you just bought. I thought they were all great.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 1:54 pm

Awesome. I can't wait to get them! I wonder how long it'll take. LOL, I'm not known for patience I guess. I'm already making my list of what books I want to buy next! grinsmiley Nothing like preparing ahead of time, LOL

Little House Library - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Little House Library - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Little House Library - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 8:36 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:

Across the Rolling River
Great purchases Chrisitna. I have all of those books too and they are awesome. I really like Old Town in the Green Groves. It tells of a time that Laura left out. It's wonderful that someone wrote the story for her.
Let us know when they arrive.
I'm glad that you blamed Cheryl and not me!! LOL

Little House Library - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Little House Library - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 11:23 am

LOL Marilyn! Wave

I ordered "On Tide Mill Lane" of the Charlotte Years from Border's about 2 weeks ago b/c it was one of the only ones I could find (that wasn't a Laura Years one), there, and it just came in yesterday, so I went and picked it up. These books that I ordered online haven't come yet :( They told me to expect them last Tuesday or Wednesday, but still nothing. I am getting a little nervous, since I paid for them with my check card, I'm hoping they didn't get lost in the mail or something :(

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Little House Library - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 1:37 pm

Marilyn, It was good to browse through your collection. I need two of the last Caroline yrs and then I should have all of them. I have almost as many as you do....minus the children's LH books. Haven't gotten those yet.
Hope to add to my collection by next summer.

Little House Library - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 2:01 pm

I got a new book a few weeks ago, The Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook. It is in wonderful shape with a plastic cover around the dust jacket for protection. It is nice to have the music for the old songs that we don't hear anymore. reader

Little House Library - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Little House Library - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 3:46 pm

how is the cover of the first
book of LAURA?
Thumbsup :thankyou2:
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 4:07 pm

I got a new little booklet on ebay this week. It's a short story by Rose Wilder Lane called Home Over Saturday. I haven't had time to read it yet but it was edited by William Anderson and the copyright was renewed in 1974. The booklet was sold through the DeSmet homesite. I'll let you know what it's about after I'm had the chance to read it.reader

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 7:22 pm

Uh. I'm crazy about all the LHOTP books and related books. I can asure you'll love Rose's writings. She was a great storyteller and authoress. She is so persuasive you'll believe all she wants you to believe...grinsmiley She is a real witch! (In the good sense of the word).

I also reccommend you "The Ghost in the Little House- a Rose Wilder Lane's life" by Holtz. I didn't buy the part of the book she claims that Laura's book were written by Rose, but the rest of the books is excellent. A "MUST" to all "Little House" fans .

I can't afford these kind of books any more, but I already has a pretty complete collection of them and I'm very happy of it. happy1

Vanesa.

Little House Library - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 2:57 am

I want to get "The Ghost in the Little House" soon too, I've never actually read it but want to.

Today I finished "Across the Rolling River". Tomorrow I have work and Sunday I need to catch up on my schoolwork, if I have any time left I will start "Little City by the Lake". Then I will have completed The Caroline Years - except for "On the Top of Concord Hill", which I can't find anywhere.

I have to get ready to place my next order for more books! grinsmiley LOL.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 5:06 pm

OMG!! I have a long collecting way to go!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 7:57 pm

I wish I could get the last two ones on "Caroline Years", for these are really very well written. Little Caroline is a delightful character.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:09 am

What a wonderful collection of books, LIWnut!

Thanks for showing them to us.

I once owned the song book but it wandered away somewhere....

Holly
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 1:13 pm

Wow! That's quite the collection! Here I thought I had a lot!

I did notice that you don't have the last book in the Rose series listed. I don't know if you accidentally missed it, but the title is Bachelor Girl. :)

Little House Library - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 7:32 pm

Oh, I havve it too. I just reread the whole series this summer. Of all those books, I didn't like the way Rose acted in Bachelor Girl. Bar hopping is definately not something that I would advise a young lady to do. Oh well. I'm not a big fan of Rose, I'm more into the life lived by her ma.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 12:16 am

Yeah. LIWnut. I feel the same toward Rose. I like much more the way Laura was. My favorite Rose book, is "On the Banks of the Bayou", but not cause of her, but for the great depiction that the author does of Lousiana's culture.

If I must said the truth, "Bachelor Girl" doesn't seems as a recommandable book for children. Rose's behaviour is NOT the one I should have espected for a young girl, and I suppose that Laura herself shouldn't liked it a bit. No

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   Little House Library - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House Library
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next