Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Happy011

Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Empty
PostSubject: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 6:05 pm

All this week the Extreme Makeover team has been working on a home in my neck of the woods. They are building a house for the Slaughter family. A lady I work with went to school with Mr. Slaughter.

Wow I am so amazed. They showed the old house on Monday and interviewed Eduardo Xol. I cannot believe that house was standing Monday and they are going to be having the bus moving ceremony on Friday already! They really do get done in a week. OhMy

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:51 am

Beckie, they were in my neck of the woods just two weeks ago!! And are you ready for this? They chose a family who just lost the father/husband, and whose kids attend "Ele's Place", a center for grieving children here in my city that MY SISTER directs!! They toured the facility and interviewed her! She may very well be on National TV!! I'm pretty excited about it! I was hoping to get over there (it was in Holt Michigan), to be there for a few of the days, but my schedule would not allow. I'm happy for you that they're coming your way too! I think my sister said 'our' show is supposed to air in the next few weeks. I'll let everyone here know!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Oh wow how cool! grinsmiley

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 7:28 pm

I love that show. It is so cool that people do such good things for others who need it. I watch every week. Amy, that is amazing that they interviewed your sister. I bet you will be recording that episode. Wow.
Every show makes me cry, I just love it. Ty and his crew are the best. You can really tell that each family has an impact on the designers as well as the rest of us. I love Paul, he's not afraid to cry. What an amazing show. Le tus know when the eppisodes in your areas are scheduled to be on. I'll be watching.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! MarilynKeeper Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 9:47 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Amy, that is amazing that they interviewed your sister. I bet you will be recording that episode. Wow.

You betcha! Thumbsup And I emailed my sis yesterday and she said it's supposed to air the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I'll let you know for sure closer to the date!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:05 pm

i heard about that. my two friends went and saw it.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Cute-2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:44 pm

Oh I hate them Emily, lol! Just kidding. I would have LOVED to have been there!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:07 pm

lol i know what you mean Beckie

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:38 pm

The episode featuring my sister's organization (Ele's Place, a non-profit center for grieving children) is airing tonight!!! I JUST found out! I can't believe she waited to the last minute to tell me! Not sure if her interview will be on there or not, (could be cut), but it's pretty cool to think an organization specific to our community is going to get national recognition! Thumbsup It's on at 8:00pm.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:48 pm

I'll be watching, Amy! What's your sister's first name, just so we'll know if we see her?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Oh, I just re-read an earlier post where you said your sister is the director, so I guess we'll know, name or not.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Her name is Laurie...she's kind of short, has blond, medium length hair, and is very pretty. batEyes She's 45 years old. I hope she's on there...I'm on pins and needles over here!! She's freaking out...she hasn't thought about it in awhile and she can't even remember what she said in her interview, she was so nervous! LOL! I'm sure she did great, she's used to speaking publicly for a living!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Just bumping this. It's on! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 10:35 pm

I'm bummed....they did cut my sister's interview. But she was on it...there was a part where they toured her 'center', and she was sitting with some kids at a table. It was weird seeing her! It was also so cool seeing areas of our own community featured. Very neat!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 10:43 pm

Amy, was that Laurie sitting in the background in the light blue sweater?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 11:05 pm

Yep, that was her! Thumbsup I wish they would have showed her a bit closer up! And funny thing, I didn't even realize it was her...my friend called me and told me that she her, and I didn't even notice her! LOL! Luckily I recorded it and could look back at it...she kind of blended in with the kids! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Amy wrote:
Luckily I recorded it and could look back at it...she kind of blended in with the kids! grinsmiley

I recorded it too, and thought that Laurie had completely ended up on the cutting room floor. I went back and checked again when you said you saw her. I'm glad she got some camera time, anyway. Thumbsup

It was a good show. The house was beautiful in the end!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 12:24 am

Sorry about your sisiter, Amy. I missed the show too. :shy: This show does wonderful things for so many people. :CoolSign:
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 12:43 am

that is very cool that she was on there if only for a second.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks guys, and I agree Emily...at least she got on there for a sec! That has to be weird to see herself on national tv! OhMy One disappointment was that the show didn't at least show at the end "For more information on centers for grieving children in your area, call..." I mean, since the show had a segment on it and focused on grieving children, that would have been a nice thing to do.

Rob, I thought the house was beautiful too, on the inside anyway. I thought it was a bit 'odd' on the outside...you just don't see houses like that around here. I always wonder what the people think that live AROUND the house, you know, that live in the neighborhood? From what I could tell it looked like a small ranch style home directly next to them. I mean, I'd freak out if they came into my neighborhood! LOL!

The other thing is, and maybe this is just me, but a LOT of these design shows ultimately show homes done in very modern decor, which is SO not me. I love the European country look, which I think is warmer and more inviting. This particular house last night was done in nice rich colors though, even though it was modern, and ended up looking very warm, I thought. But that seems to be the exception...I just wish more designers would branch out from what they like. I mean, the lady on there didn't exactly strike me as the 'mod' type. :unsure: I'd never sign up for Trading Spaces...I'd be panicked to get ANY of the designers on there, except for maybe Laurie (the red-head). Most of the designers don't even take stock that the homeowner happens to like country, or cottage style, or arts and crafts, or whatever...they just go and make their room completely modern, whether it 'fits' the house or not! help I'd cringe if I got Vern or Doug! OhMy

LOL...sorry to go off there for a bit... grinsmiley Glad you got to see the show Rob! I was happy for the lady too. I always wonder how the heck people can afford to HEAT and cool these huge homes though, AND the property taxes. I've heard of one foreclosure of these Extreme homes already.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!   Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Extreme Makeover Home Edition in my neck of the woods!!
Page 1 of 1