Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Go down 
+21
littlehouselover
Davetucson
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
Vanesa
Ruth
Harrietfan
Honeybee
amyk
emilyanneoftheprairie
Lori
jes9
Carol
I Love Dean
Teresa
HarrisonCrosby4387
susansmoose
bethandmanly
Prairie Wind
Kristina
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 538

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not   He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 10:11 am

Oh, you do bring up a good point about how things did not turn out so well for Mary and John....and since John seemed to fairly easily change in his affections, maybe that showed Charles that people that age were too young to make these life-changing decisions. In one way, what Charles did helped prove Almanzo's love for Laura, since obviously Almanzo did still love Laura and helped her with the money even without her knowing. And if Pa's refusal for Laura to marry Almanzo for just two years did drive Almanzo away, then I think it would have shown that he did not love Laura enough to wait for her. As pa mentioned, there are likely to be a lot of bad things that a married couple would have to face. They could even be separated for two years (like if there were a war or something). So waiting two years to get married, especially when they were both still young, was not necessarily the end of the world although as Almanzo said, it seemed like an eternity.

Also, Almanzo said he wanted to marry Laura in one month....well, where was he planning for them to live? With his sister? Maybe that was common back then. But instead of pouting about having to wait two years, he could have said, "okay, I'll use that time to build us our own house and prepare for the marriage."
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not   He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Oh, also, this is one of those episodes where everyone just pops over to Sleepy Eye every day, but wasn't there a previous episode in an earlier season that indicated it would take a long time to get to Sleepy Eye?? How far is Sleepy Eye from Walnut Grove?
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not   He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 5:03 pm

While I love this episode, I do think that it could have been even better if Willie had a part in it. Was he even at Nellie's wedding? I think he may have been running after the wagon as Nellie and Percival drove off? Also, Albert was barely around either. Weren't he and Laura sharing the loft? Was her crying keeping him awake? It just seems like he would maybe have tried to comfort her some. Also, who were those kids who were helping to clean up the blind school? Did they all come over there from Walnut Grove?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not   He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3