Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.

Go down 
+5
Amy
Docfan
carolineingalls
jes9
LM
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Party010

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Empty
PostSubject: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 6:53 am

We've had a few discussions about how when Carrie (at a very younge age) was quite hard to understand when she spoke.

I'm watching Christmas at Plum Creek, now, and when Carrie tells Charles she's afraid Santa will get burned ("He'll get burnt up.") when he comes down the chimney, I understood her perfectly. I remember thinking of how clearly she spoke when I'd seen this ep several times before. Yay, Carrie! grinsmiley

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 9:46 am

Yes, I can also hear her clearly say, "Happy birthday, Baby Jesus", in this episode. She's also pretty clear with, "Once upon a time," in Ma's Holiday. For some reason, it's hard to hear her say, "I want sugar on mine," in The Richest Man in Walnut Grove. Maybe her mouth was full with berries.

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 9:29 pm

That "I want sugar on mine" always had me puzzled, until a few years ago when TVLand the voice-over translator. Thumbsup

Mouth full of berries? What about all the other times? LOL!

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Poor Carrie! Give the child a break! At least she was cute as a button! :haha:

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 9:52 pm

carolineingalls wrote:

They both were!! (Lindsay and Sidney)
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:22 pm

carolineingalls wrote:

Give Carrie a break? :think:
Oh, alright. I'll try. LOL!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:34 pm

:Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Yes, Carrie was cute... :agree:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:34 pm

I really loved Carrie!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 10:50 pm

LM wrote:
We've had a few discussions about how when Carrie (at a very younge age) was quite hard to understand when she spoke.

I'm watching Christmas at Plum Creek, now, and when Carrie tells Charles she's afraid Santa will get burned ("He'll get burnt up.") when he comes down the chimney, I understood her perfectly. I remember thinking of how clearly she spoke when I'd seen this ep several times before. Yay, Carrie! grinsmiley

This is my absolute favorite Carrie episode. She is about as cute as they come: standing in front of the fireplace, buying her Christmas star, and my favorite moment, staring up at it on the Christmas tree with such wonder and innocence. Those eyes!! What a doll!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:55 am

Wasnt she played by twins? perhaps when you can understnad her she is played by one twin and the other when you cant.. Just a thought
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:45 am

Amy wrote:
LM wrote:

This is my absolute favorite Carrie episode. She is about as cute as they come: standing in front of the fireplace, buying her Christmas star, and my favorite moment, staring up at it on the Christmas tree with such wonder and innocence. Those eyes!! What a doll!

She is quite precious in this episode. She did a .... :Gjob:

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 am

Robinsgirl wrote:
Wasnt she played by twins? perhaps when you can understnad her she is played by one twin and the other when you cant.. Just a thought

Yes, twin sisters Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush shared the role.

Someone mentioned the same thought you had, before in another post about Carrie's verbal skills. You and the other forum member could be right.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:25 am

Robinsgirl wrote:

That's what I think. I think one probably spoke clearer than the other.

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Lorike10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 pm

I thought another good episode was when Charles mother died and Caroline is explaining to Carrie why they cried...she understood but then they had her say she wanted the turkey in bed with her, I suppose an "age appropriate" attention span moment. : )
So many times, she was just being watched, don't let Carrie fall in the creek, hold her hand..things like that.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:56 pm

LM wrote:
Robinsgirl wrote:

Yes, twin sisters Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush shared the role.

Someone mentioned the same thought you had, before in another post about Carrie's verbal skills. You and the other forum member could be right.

Since I've always watched the show translated, I've never noticed it. I've always understiid eveything they saud...But now that you are mentioning that fact...It could be that the twins had different voices and that we could recognize them by hearing them speaking? scratchead

Vanesa.

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.   Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie. Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas at Plum Creek. I could understand Carrie.
Page 1 of 1