Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...

Go down 
+9
Coach Jon
Teresa
Amy
Savannah
susansmoose
bethandmanly
Carol
JW
Misti
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Happy010

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Amy wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Oh, another one that was a total waste of time was Far and Away. :gross: I've never been able to stomach Tom Cruise, anyway. But, a friend wanted to watch it, so we watched. Actually, I didn't watch the whole thing. I read for about half the movie. batEyes

Oh my gosh, are you ready for this?! I just watched that two weeks ago!! I own it and I LOVE it! LOLOL! I know, it didn't get the greatest ratings, but Gene Siskel liked it too! grinsmiley Great cinematography, and I loved Nicole in it. I even loved Tom in it, BUT, that was back in the day I actually liked him. Wink

:Hahaha: Well, I'm glad that my intense dislike of it didn't offend you. I've never been able to tolerate Tom Cruise. It used to make my friends stare at me in disbelief. Laughing "How can you NOT like him??" But, there's just something about him that has always creeped me out. I can't explain it.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Heck no, no offense taken and of course we all have different tastes. :haha: I totally understand the 'creep-out' factor with Tom, but that just didn't hit me until later...ahem, 'post-oprah-couch-jumping'. :unsure: But I loved him in Rain Man, Top Gun...especially Jerry Maquire. Ok, getting O.T. :shy: Back to movies we're sorry we wasted our time on...

Um, I have two Mel Gibson ones (even though he is my favorite actor):

"Payback" (it was about a kidnapped boy and it really put me through the ringer...so much so that I left the theater. I have NEVER done that before).
"Signs" (I like M.Knight Shamaylan, Mel, and Joaquin Pheonix, but I thought this movie pretty much sucked...for lack of a better word. grinsmiley ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 6:59 pm

I can't think of the name, but that Will Farrell film where he hears the author in his head... I could have done without seeing that.

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
I can't think of the name, but that Will Farrell film where he hears the author in his head... I could have done without seeing that.

I agree with you. I think it was "Fiction" or something like that... He is just not funny to me anymore... he's more annoying than funny... to me lol

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Carol wrote:
Coach Jon wrote:

I agree with you. I think it was "Fiction" or something like that... He is just not funny to me anymore... he's more annoying than funny... to me lol

I have to say that ANYTHING Will Ferrell appears in I steer clear of. I agree that he is in no way, shape or form funny and i honestly cannot see the appeal! :scratch: :gross:

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 HummerMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 MistiKeeperMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Bookclub5Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:46 pm

When I was about 10 there was a movie shown at church about the end times that really spooked me. I can't remember the name but it has haunted me ever since. I was too young to understand it at 10. I have always had a hard time, a fear I suppose, when it comes time to read the book of Revelation.

I walked out of the movie theatre when my brother and I went to see Schindler's List. I just couldn't sit there and watch it. I lasted about half an hour. It was a 3 hr movie and I had to wait a very long time for it to end and my brother to come out.

I would have been happy never to have seen either of these movies.

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:42 pm

LIWnut wrote:
When I was about 10 there was a movie shown at church about the end times that really spooked me. I can't remember the name but it has haunted me ever since. I was too young to understand it at 10.

I bet that was A Thief in the Night. That one creeped me out, too!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Misti wrote:
Carol wrote:
Coach Jon wrote:

I have to say that ANYTHING Will Ferrell appears in I steer clear of. I agree that he is in no way, shape or form funny and i honestly cannot see the appeal! :scratch: :gross:

I completely agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:55 am

Evil Dead scared the crap out of me.

Jaws The Revenge was just plain stupid.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 am

Savannah wrote:
LIWnut wrote:
When I was about 10 there was a movie shown at church about the end times that really spooked me. I can't remember the name but it has haunted me ever since. I was too young to understand it at 10.

Hey, I think I saw that movie, too!

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 HummerMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 MistiKeeperMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Bookclub5Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Blazing Saddles
Wild Hogs

Any Monty Python movie
Any movie with Woody Allen, Mia Farrow or Diane Keeton

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 pm

Savannah wrote:
LIWnut wrote:

I think that is what it was called, sounds familiar. I try not to remember, I have it blocked out of my memory. I should watch it again to put my mind at ease but THATS not likely to happen!!

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Well, thanks to last night, I'm adding another movie to my list:

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 The_new_world_movie

The New World (2005)

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
Well, thanks to last night, I'm adding another movie to my list:

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 The_new_world_movie

The New World (2005)

oh i forgot all about that one...one of my biggest disappointments...thanks for reminding me...
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Oh, and how about "Waterworld", with Kevin Costner?! Ugh...we actually saw that in the theater. :sleep:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:40 pm

Oh, and how about "Waterworld", with Kevin Costner?! Ugh...we actually saw that in the theater. :sleep:

*EDIT* Whoops, sorry for the double post. Gee, I guess I hated it so much I had to make doubly sure no one rents that one! Wink

~Mother Teresa

Last edited by Amy on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:41 pm

Oh, Amy, you poor dear!! That one looked like it could cure the worst case of insomnia.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:43 pm

LOL, that's for sure! And they spent some obscene amount of money on that movie, I remember. WHAT was Kevin thinking???

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Has anyone seen Sweet Novemeber i think thats what it is Called I hated that movie

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Jacobk10Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm gonna have to kick my brain into overdrive because I know there are some real stinkers that I have seen.

There was one we saw a few months ago on PPV that had "A.D." in the title and it was like in the days of the "Conan" shows. It had a man that fell in love with a girl & a tribe came and kidnapped her and he tracked her down. Stooopid! :gross:

I'll check my previous purchases on PPV later & see if I can find the name.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:26 pm

JW wrote:
Has anyone seen Sweet Novemeber i think thats what it is Called I hated that movie

Yep---Keanu Reeves, right Jacob?? I really like him, but I thought that was pretty dumb too. VERY slow, as I recall. Speaking of Keanu, I had thought about going to the new remake movie has out (The Day the Earth Stood Still), but I'd heard it wasn't that great. Did anyone go see it? It had Kathy Bates in it...

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:52 pm

One of my best friends is married to Keanu Reeves' cousin. I have no idea why I'm bringing that up. I just wanted to be part of this thread. :shy:
Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:56 pm

there were actually two movies titled sweet november..the original with sandy dennis and anthony newley and the second with keanu reeves...the original is the one you want to stick with...

congrats rob..that must be interesting...ever meet keanu at all?
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:14 pm

No, I never met Keanu, Susan. My friend and his wife did have Keanu's dad living with them for a while, though.
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Amy wrote:

With the exception of Dances with Wolves, I can't really think of a single Costner performance I liked.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next