Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...

Go down 
+9
Coach Jon
Teresa
Amy
Savannah
susansmoose
bethandmanly
Carol
JW
Misti
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Happy011

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Amy wrote:
JW wrote:
Has anyone seen Sweet Novemeber i think thats what it is Called I hated that movie

Yep---Keanu Reeves, right Jacob?? I really like him, but I thought that was pretty dumb too. VERY slow, as I recall. Speaking of Keanu, I had thought about going to the new remake movie has out (The Day the Earth Stood Still), but I'd heard it wasn't that great. Did anyone go see it? It had Kathy Bates in it...

Yes the One with Keanu Reeves in it I'm Glad i'm not the Only one who does not like that movie lol

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Jacobk10Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Carol wrote:

Okay one of mine is ... Doctor Faustus

eek I had to read that for english lol boring!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:58 am

New one for the list.

We went to the theaters a few weeks ago and saw "Watchmen." About halfway thru it I tried to go to sleep because it was so boring. It's about 2 3/4 hours long and we really didn't understand it. Damis & Shiloh were with it and I had Shiloh several times close his eyes. It is definitely not for kids.

I've seen some reviews of it where it is based on a book and people love it but not us!

The one actor I did recognize (he played a superhero that had his face covered) was played by Jackie Earl Haley. If his name sounds familiar: he was in the "Bad News Bear" movie, he was the kid who always made homeruns and rode a small motorcycle & he starred along Tatum O'Neal, I believe. He also was in the movie, "Breaking Away."

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 HummerMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 MistiKeeperMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Bookclub5Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:09 pm

My hubby & 18 year old went and saw it Misti...they liked it and aren't fans of the comics, but they're 'special effects' guys and get into that stuff. Not sure they understood it either though. grinsmiley My 14 yr old wanted to see it with them and after reading Yahoo Movie Mom's reviews, there was no way. My sister didn't check the site, and let my teen nieces go to it with friends, thinking it was another 'Batman' or something. Um, nope---far from it, so I've heard.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Amy wrote:
My hubby & 18 year old went and saw it Misti...they liked it and aren't fans of the comics, but they're 'special effects' guys and get into that stuff. Not sure they understood it either though. grinsmiley My 14 yr old wanted to see it with them and after reading Yahoo Movie Mom's reviews, there was no way. My sister didn't check the site, and let my teen nieces go to it with friends, thinking it was another 'Batman' or something. Um, nope---far from it, so I've heard.

Yep, Amy! Batman it ain't! Whistle

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 HummerMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 MistiKeeperMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Bookclub5Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:11 pm

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Ask Amy she listened to me gripe about this one!
This was one I wish I hadn't wasted a good date on.

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm

I Just Remember a Movie i watch a Long time ago that was a VERY Boring Movie awful at that It was Call Whats Eating Gilbert Grape Has anyone seen that Movie? i just hated that movie

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Jacobk10Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Gin wrote:
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Ask Amy she listened to me gripe about this one!
This was one I wish I hadn't wasted a good date on.

Speaking of which, I heard that people were a bit surprised that Brad was even nominated for this, that he wasn't anything that 'special' in it. On the other hand, I heard Angelina was amazing in The Changeling and that she totally deserved to be nominated. I know how much you love this power couple Gin. grinsmiley

I actually liked What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Jacob, but I do remember it being a little slow, so I can see why you didn't like it. Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing in it though, and I love Johnny Depp. *swoon* Love Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:39 pm

You got to be Kidding Amy I am guessing you like Forest Gump as well? if i remember right you also Like Sixteen Candles that are three of the Worst movies i have ever seen in my life

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Amy wrote:
On the other hand, I heard Angelina was amazing in The Changeling and that she totally deserved to be nominated.

I actually liked What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Jacob, but I do remember it being a little slow, so I can see why you didn't like it. Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing in it though, and I love Johnny Depp. *swoon* Love Wink

JW wrote:
You got to be Kidding Amy I am guessing you like Forest Gump as well? if i remember right you also Like Sixteen Candles that are three of the Worst movies i have ever seen in my life

Yes, I watched 'The Changeling'.. wow, great movie! Applause

I'm with Amy Jacob... lol I liked What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I also like Forest Gump & Sixteen Candles grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Ok Something is Wrong with me or with All of you lol

I'll go with something is wrong with all of you lol

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Gilbert Grape..... :Hahaha: ....Gross! Sixteen Candles.....I just bought for $5. I liked it, just because I like Molly Ringwald.

I'd like to see the Chaneling. Might rent that one soon. Angelina is a much better actress than ........I'm going to shut up.

How about Smokey the Bandit? Got to love Burt and Sally!

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Gin i LOVE The Movie Smokey and The Bandit well i watch it to many times so i have't watch it in a While cause i know it by heart but i still love the Movie but the 2nd and 3rd i seen the 3rd but i did't like it and the 2nd one i have heard that one is not good either so i won't even bother watching it

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:23 pm

JW wrote:
Ok Something is Wrong with me or with All of you lol

I'll go with something is wrong with all of you lol

Oh Jacob! You are cracking me up!! :Hahaha: Yeah, it's a thumbs up from me on all of those! Forest Gump is one of my all-time faves, and I can't even tell you how many times I've re-watched Sixteen Candles! grinsmiley

Gin, I think the last I saw Smokey and the Bandit, probably when I was a teen, but back then they showed it on TV repeatedly and I could never refuse watching it! Burt and Sally really were great together! Thumbsup

*Edit*, well Jacob, what do ya know! We liked the same movie!! OhMy Finally!!! ROTFL

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Well it was about time Amy lol
At Least we both Like LHOTP and you like Christy right? I LOVE that show as well

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:45 pm

JW wrote:
Well it was about time Amy lol
At Least we both Like LHOTP and you like Christy right? I LOVE that show as well

RIGHT!! And American Idol too---don't forget that! Wink Wink

Hey Jacob, you should really check out Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman----I really think you'd love that!!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Well I Have Been Looking for those seasons Online and i found on one Website they were only $44 So i might give them a Try once i have bought all of the Road to Avonlea Seasons Do you like those Amy? Well anyways i think i should be able to Buy them all this year yet cause i want to get a Job this year yet

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm

JW wrote:
Well anyways i think i should be able to Buy them all this year yet cause i want to get a Job this year yet

Good for you Jacob! Applause

Wow, you found them for $44 for the entire series?! Whoa!! Now THAT is a buy! This is one series I think we'd agree that you'd love! Thumbsup

You know, shame on me but I haven't seen the Road to Avonlea....I don't see how anything could ever top Anne of Green Gables for me, but I should give it a try.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:43 pm

If you like Anne of Green Gabels (By the Way i like those to) Then you will Like Road to Avonlea to cause there are some of the Same Cast like Rachel Lynde Marilla Cuthbert and Gilbert Comes Back in one Episode it is a Great Show You'll be Hook if you try it

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:50 pm

How come you don't like Forest Gump? It's such a neat movie Laughing
Here in Monterey, CA we have a restaurant called "Bubba Gump" (it's a seafood place).
The restaurant is named after the movie’s main characters Benjamin Bufford “Bubba” Blue and Forrest Gump who talked about going into shrimping business.

When you enter this restaurant, you will never miss the two huge license plate sign on each table. The red “Stop Forrest Stop” sign is used to signal that a table needs service and the blue “Run Forrest Run” means that all is well. Thumbsup

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Dscf3440 Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Logo_3

It's so delicious and fun there. :idance:

Here’s another line from the movie that says “shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried, there’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. Th-that’s about it.”
:haha:

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Amy wrote:

I like all those quirky, offbeat little films that Johnny Depp made. Gilbert Grape, Edward Scissorhands, Benny & Joon, Ed Wood. I thought it was neat that he gravitated to those kinds of roles instead of to the big-budget blockbusters that I'm sure he could've done if he'd wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Amy wrote:
You know, shame on me but I haven't seen the Road to Avonlea....I don't see how anything could ever top Anne of Green Gables for me, but I should give it a try.

Actually, if you put Anne of Green Gables mentally aside you'll probably enjoy it more. At least that's how it was for me. I've watched my Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea videos so many times I almost have them memorized line for line. :haha: I absolutely love those two films. So, when I first started watching Avonlea, I kind of expected a . . . . sequel, I guess. But there is a different feel to Avonlea the series, even though there are several characters who show up from the movies.

I totally fell in love with some of the characters.....Alec & Janet King were two of my favorites, even though their children end up being more of a focal point than they were, most of the time. And Gus Pike....I really liked his character - eventually. grinsmiley I had to dismiss the idea of "this one is the 'Anne' of this series" and "this one is the Diana" etc. It doesn't work that way at all. LOL! Anyway...It doesn't top Anne in my opinion - but to me, it does equal the movies in quality, and it's fun to "visit Anne's neighbors". grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Ok Savannah (and Jacob!), you've talked me into it! Thumbsup I know what you mean Savannah...I watched Anne of Green Gables every fall (my 'seasonal' ritual, LOL!) and sometimes I can't wait until the following fall so I'll pop it in again. Because of this, I think I have everything memorized too! grinsmiley AND I know what you mean about putting a 'first' movie aside sometimes...that's true with books at times too and you just have to put that original 'idea' out of your head and just 'go with it'. I totally get you. I dearly love Marilla too, and who doesn't get a kick out of Rachel Lynde? So yeah, I WILL see this, for sure. I'll let you guys know when I do! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:

I like all those quirky, offbeat little films that Johnny Depp made. Gilbert Grape, Edward Scissorhands, Benny & Joon, Ed Wood. I thought it was neat that he gravitated to those kinds of roles instead of to the big-budget blockbusters that I'm sure he could've done if he'd wanted to.

We may have already talked about this before on the forum, I can't remember, but Johnny said in an interview that it has never been his intention to do 'blockbuster' movies, he has only wanted to do quality film, and does seek out those quirky characters. When you think about it, even Pirates was in typical "Johnny form", considering how quirky Jack Sparrow is! I love that about him as an actor...he does some pretty 'out there' things, and for the most part they end up working for him. Thumbsup

And I just realized I could have used that 'multi-quote' feature. :unsure: Whoops!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 am

Carol wrote:
Amy wrote:
On the other hand, I heard Angelina was amazing in The Changeling and that she totally deserved to be nominated.

JW wrote:

Yes, I watched 'The Changeling'.. wow, great movie! Applause

I'm with Amy Jacob... lol I liked What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I also like Forest Gump & Sixteen Candles grinsmiley

I'm with you girls. I loved Forrest Gump & really love "What's Eating Gilbert Grape." I like Depp in his roll & thought that DeCaprio did an amazing job. Applause "The doctor said I could go at any time..." But everyone has their own tastes! grinsmiley I mean, I still didn't like "Watchmen" though some loved it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next