Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for my mom

Go down 
+7
Savannah
Lori
bethandmanly
Rob
LIWnut
Rhonda
HarrisonCrosby4387
11 posters
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Prayers for my mom Happy011

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Yesterday morning I was in bed and my mom yelled for me to come downstairs because she had really bad dizziness (she got dizzy spells before, but not this bad). So I ran downstairs and she was sitting in a chair. I went to try and talk to her and she looked really bad. All of a sudden she blacked out and her eyes were open and her head went down. I was crying and screaming hysterically and I could not tell if she was breathing. I thought she passed on. I started shaking her and she woke up. Her eyes were real big and she was like huh? She had no idea she passed out. It was the scariest and worst thing I have ever seen and been through. So my dad called the paramedics. They came in and had a hard tine finding her pulse it was very faint. She remembers everything that happened up until she got dizzy. They were able to walk her out. By the time we got to the emergency she said she felt fine, but was a bit blah. They kept her overnight and I watched the Super Bowl with her and she seemed like herself she said she felt much better and she seems fine today. However she is 68 going on 69 and I am extremely worried about her. I could not live without her, she is my best friend my everything. They ran tests and said they were fine. They think it was a stomach med Bentyl that caused it. So they took her off of it. Please pray that it was just a passing phase and that she will be ok.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Prayers for my mom Purple2

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Prayers for your mom Beckie......Is she diabetic? It almost sounds like a diabetic coma that they go into when their sugar levels drop.......We had a gentleman get real confused while checking out and he just stood there with his wallet opened up. He was swaying a bit and I knew he was close to hitting the floor. They brought a chair over for him to sit on and called the paramedics......They were able to get out of him that he was diabetic, but other than that....they got nothing out of him......it was scary......Hope they find the reason to your mom's problem, especially if she has done this before......... :unsure:

Prayers for my mom Rhonda10Prayers for my mom Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Prayers for my mom Cloud910

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Beckie, that sounds awfully scary. I will be praying for your mom.

Prayers for my mom MarilynKeeper Prayers for my mom Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Well she came home tonight and seems fine and she says she fells a ok. No she's not a diabetic, thank goodness. They they still have no idea what caused it. I think she just does to much. She cleans and shovels snow. Well I will not allow her to do that anymore. She needs to rest and is trying to stop smoking. They put a patch on her and she feels fine. She said she is gonna try her hardest to quit. Of course I am going to continue to worry. I am going to watch her like a hawk. Thanks for you prayers and concerns ladies.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Prayers for my mom Goodsi10

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:02 pm

It really sounds like a reaction to her medication, Beckie. I'll be praying, too.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prayers for my mom Bokmal10

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:42 pm

How scary. I'm glad she seems to be fine. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with your mom, Beckie. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:04 am

I will pray for your mom as well.

Prayers for my mom Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for my mom Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Prayers for my mom Happy010

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:13 am

Yikes, how scary, Beckie! I agree with Rob that it sounds like a reaction to her medicine. A very scary reaction! I'll pray that it doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 1:53 am

Thank you all. I get bouts of sadness here and there.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers for my mom Love-s10

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 8:39 am

That must have been terrifying Beckie, I'm so sorry you had to go through that! It certainly puts things into perspective, doesn't it? :sad5: I'm glad to hear your mom is doing ok now, and will certainly pray for her. I will pray for her strength on her journey in quitting smoking as well.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Prayers for my mom Party010

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 8:49 am

Sorry you were so scared. I've been there. It's a horrible, horrible feeling to see your Mom in such a situation. Blue I feel like crying, now. Wow.

I'm very happy to hear that your Mom is doing so much better. Thank God!
I said a prayer for her, as well as for the family.

Hang in there.

Prayers for my mom LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Thanks everyone! She's feeling pretty good now.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 am

I'll Be Praying

Prayers for my mom Jacobk10Prayers for my mom Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 pm

How frightening, Beckie!! I am glad she is home now and I will keep her in my prayers.

Prayers for my mom PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks. :) She was back to work in 2 days.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayers for my mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom   Prayers for my mom Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my mom
Page 1 of 1