Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gin's Drawing

Go down 
+32
littlehouselover
Kamberley
Debbie
Ruth
Davetucson
Pepsi
littlehousefan200
Krissy
Honeybee
pat1964
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
Teresa
Vanesa
Misti
flatbroke
bluegeorge
Farmer Girl
carolineingalls
Gin
pamh36
Lori
Amy
bethandmanly
Robinsgirl
Rhonda
Carol
Alice
Savannah
JW
Rob
LIWnut
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Love-s10

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks everyone, this one stayed on my drawing board way too long.

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Great drawing!

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 am

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 P2100710

Mary and Laura~

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 am

thud

Great! Really good Gin! Applause

Hey that was drawn from a pic I sent you?

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks Alex....I do believe it was.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:27 am

That's beautiful! Great job, Gin!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:42 am

Oh! I missed this when I first stopped in this morning! Gin's Drawing - Page 6 6472 Ah, Ginger, this is adorable. It's such a sweet portrait of them when they were little girls, and it captures their happiness beautifully! Thanks for sharing it!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Thumbsup

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Gin, that is incredible!! You just get better and better and BETTER!! Applause I agree with Savannah....this really captures Laura & Mary beautifully. yes
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Great pic Gin, and I can see it much better than in the text you sent me.....oh, and Laura now has a mouth..... Smile

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Rhonda10Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

That is amazing! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks everyone. I hope to do alot more of the LH cast.

Back to top Go down
pat1964
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Excellent work,Gin.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:04 am

That's great! I wish I could draw this way. Congrats! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Finally finished this drawing.....sorry this photo of the drawing isnt that great but dealing with a camera that is not wanting to work right. I sent this to Emilie's family as a thank you for letting Nathan come out to visit Colorado this summer.

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Scan_513

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Erin_010

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Looks pretty good. Except a bit of the face and hair. I know that part of a drawing is SOOOOO hard.

Nice though! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 184143Gin, the detail that you drew in the dress is fantastic! (And rather mind-boggling.) I know her family will love the portrait - and so will Emilie!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Looks pretty good. Except a bit of the face and hair. I know that part of a drawing is SOOOOO hard.

Nice though! Thumbsup

I agree; part of hert face needs a little more work, but it's true that drawing a face is VERY hard. I don't understand how great painters could do to paint a good portrait. I know I never would be able of that. ShyGirl

But I liked the whole draw a LOT.

Vanesa. Thumbsup

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks....I haven't heard a thing from Emilie's parents. Sort of disappointed in that, but its okay. I didn't want to keep it. It would have just layed around here.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:25 pm

How long ago did you send it, Gin? Maybe it hasn't arrived. I know I'd be deeply disappointed if I didn't hear anything in a similar situation, so I can very much empathize with you!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:45 pm

About three weeks ago. I know its there by now. Nathan and Emilie didn't have a good visit when he went to Colorado. She wrote him a long letter sort of chewing him out after he got back. Because of that I almost didn't send it, but they have talked since then so I went ahead. I figured the drawing was between her Mom and I. I did include a note telling her that I was working on it before Nathan even went out there. It was as a thank-you....but I am guessing she just doesn't want to respond or doesn't like it....who knows. I am not really worrying about it.....I think its more disappointing that you want to do something nice for someone and they just don't seem to be who you thought they were.
At any rate, it was good practice for detail . I'm moving on to work more on doing the Little House cast and just doing what I want to do. I do hope I can do more commissioned work soon, but I'm not going to go begging for it. I just need to practice and show what I can do.
Like photography, there is alot of bumps to go over before you really feel good about your work. This is just one of them. Thanks for your support Savannah.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Gin, that is beautiful!!! Applause Wow, Emilie is a very pretty girl (I love the way her name is spelled too...very French. Oooh la la! batEyes ). Like Savannah, I noticed the detailed dress too...attention to detail like that always makes the final product that much more professional looking, in my opinion. Thumbsup Good for you!!

I'm just sorry you haven't heard anything from the family. Blue It is only human nature for one's feelings to be hurt by that. I know mine would be. Huh? It makes no sense to me that they didn't appreciate a drawing of their own daughter. I adore the two sketches you gave me. Love I know I need to get a picture sent to you of my boys....you've been asking and I keep forgetting! Yikes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:55 am

Beautiful, Ginger! Gin's Drawing - Page 6 39447 Any word from the family yet?
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:08 am

Looks stupendous!

Ouch for not hearing anything from the family! I definitely know what that feels like! Nothing worse than trying to do something nice for a person and never hearing their reaction. It makes hard for one to keep wanting to do nice things... I have to remind myself that God knows what I did and that He will bless me in His own way.

Sometimes I think that hearing something bad about something I did for someone would be better than not hearing anything at all! Honesty is so much preferable to silence!

Gin's Drawing - Page 6 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
It makes hard for one to keep wanting to do nice things... I have to remind myself that God knows what I did and that He will bless me in His own way.

Thumbsup

Prairie Dweller wrote:
Sometimes I think that hearing something bad about something I did for someone would be better than not hearing anything at all! Honesty is so much preferable to silence!

yes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gin's Drawing   Gin's Drawing - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gin's Drawing
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next