Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fall TV line-up, 2009

Go down 
+6
Misti
Rhonda
Alice
bethandmanly
Teresa
Amy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 Love-s10

Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:19 am

I know, we got a lot of clues from that enhanced episode! Ugh.

Oh, I LOVED the Richard episode too...that was amazing!!

Ok, my thoughts (if you want them Wink )....

I believe that Jacob is the evil one, and the Black Smoke monster (fake Locke) is the good guy. There's been a few things that have pointed to this. (LOL, aside from fake Locke throwing Des down the well. HeeHee ). Seriously, it's all speculation right now. Not sure WHAT to make of a lot of this!!!

Interesting that, with the "Willy Wonka" song during the promo, there is a lyric that says "are the fiery flames of hell a-glowing", or something like that. I have to wonder if the writers are trying to communicate something here. Also, Willy Wonka was looking for a replacement. Jacob also is looking for a 'replacement' for the island. Hmmm. scratchead Maybe I'm over-thinking this. greenS

Cool that the 'whispers' have finally been revealed. They are ghosts of the people that have died on the island (like Michael) who have not been able to 'move on'. Still wondering if everyone really IS in hell, or purgatory or something. My dad said he'll be upset if that's it, since fans guessed that early on. But hey---it's not the writers' faults that fans were 'on' to them from the beginning. I still think it would be pretty cool....I just want to KNOW!!!

The flash sideways is the 'alternate universe' where all is revealed as to what our characters would have been doing had the crash never happened. But, some people (like Des and Charlie, and now Libby and Hugo) are privy to the fact that they ARE in a different reality that they're not supposed to be in. I think that's why Des ran over Locke....I think he needs Locke to be hospitalized and be saved by Jack (a spinal surgeon), and consequently memories will be stirred up to reveal to him what has been revealed to Hugo and Des by Charlie and Libby. I know, confusing, but I don't believe for a second that Desmond was actually trying to kill Locke. There's a reason he did that in a crowded place, and that he hit him with his car and didn't shoot him in the head or something, you know? He wants people to be able to help Locke right away.

Well, I'm dying here......I'm going nuts waiting for these next episodes!!! And Lori, our library does have all the seasons to check out...our video rental place has them too, (lots of TV series), so that's an option too, or Netflix. It has been fun going through all the seasons, that is for sure. As confusing as this show has been, I am glad they have never 'dumbed down' the show for the fans. Very few series have had the guts to continue complicating things (X-Files is one who has really challenged the viewers too, that's why I love it so much)....I am SO glad I've put the effort into LOST. I feel like it's all finally paying off! They've already be revealing things this season...they're doing just 'small reveals' of long time questions, and that's cool that they're not leaving everything to the very last episode. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:13 am

Amy wrote:

I believe that Jacob is the evil one, and the Black Smoke monster (fake Locke) is the good guy. There's been a few things that have pointed to this. (LOL, aside from fake Locke throwing Des down the well. HeeHee ). Seriously, it's all speculation right now. Not sure WHAT to make of a lot of this!!!

Interesting that, with the "Willy Wonka" song during the promo, there is a lyric that says "are the fiery flames of hell a-glowing", or something like that. I have to wonder if the writers are trying to communicate something here. Also, Willy Wonka was looking for a replacement. Jacob also is looking for a 'replacement' for the island. Hmmm. scratchead Maybe I'm over-thinking this. greenS

I briefly had that thought about Jacob too. I mean, his side hasn't always been "good." They've done a lot of killing, etc. But I do think that the smoke monster is the evil one. He has actually done the killing himself. Jacob never did or told his people to do the things they did. He just hopes they do the right thing.

Yeah, I thought that the Willy Wonka song was interesting. Hopefully next week's episode will be really good.

My husband had a good thought about why the flash sideways are different. The plane crashed the first time, but when they traveled back to the 70's and detonated the bomb, it kept the plane from crashing again. So the events leading up to it could have been different. If the detonation of the bomb had just kept the plane from crashing originally, then Jack wouldn't have a son, Jin and Sun would be married, Ben would be on the island, etc.

I think Jack is a key. The way Locke said hello to him makes me think he is a key to Locke's plan. Was that the first time Jack has seen him since they got back?

Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:26 am

Lori wrote:
I briefly had that thought about Jacob too. I mean, his side hasn't always been "good." They've done a lot of killing, etc. But I do think that the smoke monster is the evil one. He has actually done the killing himself. Jacob never did or told his people to do the things they did. He just hopes they do the right thing.

Yeah, I thought that the Willy Wonka song was interesting. Hopefully next week's episode will be really good.

My husband had a good thought about why the flash sideways are different. The plane crashed the first time, but when they traveled back to the 70's and detonated the bomb, it kept the plane from crashing again. So the events leading up to it could have been different. If the detonation of the bomb had just kept the plane from crashing originally, then Jack wouldn't have a son, Jin and Sun would be married, Ben would be on the island, etc.

I think Jack is a key. The way Locke said hello to him makes me think he is a key to Locke's plan. Was that the first time Jack has seen him since they got back?

I get what you're saying about the smoke monster being the evil one and the 'good' things about Jacob. So many times things are 'not as they seem' though, so it just makes me think it's going to turn out differently than what's 'expected'. There's also a couple of specific things that have happened to me think that Jacob might be the evil one, but for the life of me I can't think of either at the moment. Yikes I think it's too early! Morningcoffee

Oh, I like your hubby's theory on the flash sideways. Good thoughts on that and it make sense to me too. Thumbsup

I agree 100% about Jack. They have been keeping him on the back burner lately, and you just know that since the very beginning, the show has revolved around him. He is a main character and the show actually started with him. Also, it has always been about Jack and Locke and their rivalry over power and 'position' within the tribe. Remember when Jack just said to Hurley that he's feeling like maybe he's supposed to 'follow', and seemed 'at peace' with it? Then Hurley said, "Unless you following gets the rest of us killed." Jack has always taken the roll of leader in the past. He also said to Hurley how he has always had to 'fix' things, that it's in his nature (hence, being a doctor). He is just now trying to tell himself that he's going to let others 'fix things' for him and his friends?? Nope...something's up with that and you're right---Jack is going to have some kind of revelation, and somehow it's going to boil down, not to the 'fake Locke', but the real 'dead' Locke. Time will tell!! The waiting is going to kill me!! thud
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:26 am

Lori, you and your hubby were right about Jacob! He's the good guy! Thumbsup I thought last week's episode was so good, and last night's was great too! So wild to actually have things revealed to us now!

Looking forward to Sunday's finale!! STILL so much more to learn! We get 2 1/2 hours, plus a 're-cap' show from 7-9 (I'm guessing maybe the 'enhanced' version?) Should be a great evening!! Applause I am going to miss this series though.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:31 am

I can't wait. I've got some Dharma Initiative food for a little party for my husband and me tonight.

I'm glad they already told us who was replacing Jacob instead of waiting until the end so that we can actually get some real answer in the finale. At least I'm hoping for some answer to some key things. I'm not really expecting all the answers since we've heard "All Your Questions Will Be Answered" since before the season began. We have gotten a few, but not as in depth as I would have liked.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:21 am

Ah, Dharma Initiative food! I love it! Thumbsup

I'm glad that's been revealed too----not a big shocker either, so it's good that little tidbit is out of the way. So much left to be revealed. They've already said they won't reveal absolutely everything, because so much of the 'magic' of the show is the 'mystification' of everything. That said, I certainly hope they answer MOST of our burning questions!!!!

Can't wait!!! Applause

Oh, and friend on facebook told me to check out this website and it is GREAT:

www.lostpedia.com
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:40 am

Yes, I discovered that site a few weeks ago.

Well, what did you think about the finale? Not exactly what I'd thought it'd be, but I guess it was like the last few episodes. I really was hoping for some explanations, but nothing. I did like it though. So when do you think everyone died?

Did you happen to catch what Desmond said to Eloise when she asked if he was going to take her son? I wasn't able to hear his answer.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:33 am

Honestly, I LOVED it. I know it's contraversial because fans predicted they were dead and in purgatory from the beginning, but IMO that doesn't make it 'wrong' just because it was predicted, you know? Gosh, I thought the end was just beautiful....my mom and I both cried hard! This has been a great ride and fabulous writing. There are definitely still some unanswered questions, and I am left wondering on several aspects, but for the most part I do feel closure. I loved the filming of that last scene. The show started with the opening of Jack's eye, and ended with the closing of it. Oh man, I'm going to cry again! Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 C010

Well, my son thought they died when Juliet blew up the bomb, but I'm hearing this morning that some people think it's from the beginning. scratchead I'll have to do some more research on this---I'll be running around the Lost sites today, that's for sure! Jimmy Kimmel thinks that they died at the beginning of season 6, when we see them on the plane. Jack 'passed over' at that first bit of turbulence (that's what Jimmy thinks). Desmond is the first to realize that they're all dead, and that's why he's the one trying to get all of them to remember. So, for this reason, I am thinking that they died when my son thinks they died, when Juliet blew up the bomb. I'm still debating the whole 'purgatory' thing---not sure that that is fact yet. The flash sideways is symbolic that their souls have not yet let go, that they are 'living' the lives they all thought they should have lived. Still debating on this. I'm still in 'somber' mode---you get so close to these characters and then.... No . That was such a moving ending---the music, the acting. I was never in the category of "They better not be dead!!". I was always going to be 'ok' with that if that was the case, because I trusted the writers that they would make it beautiful and profound.

I am very glad I watched this WHEN it happened, and didn't wait to watch the season (or the series) after the fact, because the spoiler is totally out there. The morning shows are talking about it and didn't give like ANY warning for people to change their stations if they didn't want the spoiler. So, there's no getting away from hearing about this---everyone is going to be talking about it. My younger son didn't watch with us, and plans to watch season 6 now (we recorded it) and I know he'll find out the end at school today. That'll make it a heck of a lot less powerful at the end! Yikes

Oh, and about Eloise....he said no, that her son would not be going. But I didn't hear anything else that was said. I recorded it so I can go back and see. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of this! LOL!

*EDIT* I found this on Lostpedia and this is why my son said that they did NOT die in the beginning---it seems they died when the bomb went off:

They did not die in the plane crash. What happened on the island really happened. Christian verifies this and also says the church was the place they created so they could all find each other again. They met then when each of them died at their respective times.

Remember, Christian told Jack that their time on the island was the most important time of their lives? So yeah, they didn't die in the original plane crash....the island was real.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Yeah, loved the ending with Jack's eye closing. I would have cried if Gary wasn't there. Ha! When I found out they were dead, my first thought was that they died when Juliet blew up the bomb. But that didn't really make sense after I got to thinking about it since Desmond was not around when the bomb exploded. This morning I came to the conclusion that everything happened (plane crash, time travel, Jack dying of the stab wound). Christian said that everyone dies, some sooner, some later. Everyone was dead but they had died at different times. Hurley and Ben probably protected the island for years (otherwise their comments wouldn't have made sense. They would have only protected the island for 5 minutes). So I believe Jack died on the island from the stab wound from Locke/MIB. The others were just waiting for Jack to die and find them so they could all move on together. I found some message boards with others who think like I do. But there are plenty who think they were dead from the beginning. I haven't seen any who think they died with the bomb which seems like others would have though of that as a possibility.

I stayed up and watched Jimmy Kimmel. I have never seen his show before. He was pretty funny. Loved the "touching moments" montage. I was disappointed to see that the 3 alternate endings were not real ones, but they were funny.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Oh, I meant to ask you if you've ever seen Lost Untangled. You can find them on ABC's website, and some of them are on You Tube. Check them out when you have a chance if you haven't already. I don't remember the name of the episode where we first see Sawyer as a cop, but that Untangled is pretty funny.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:24 am

Lori, I haven't seen Lost untangled! I've heard about it though....gotta check that out.

I just sent you a PM. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks, Amy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Fall TV line-up, 2009 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fall TV line-up, 2009
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3