Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you have a land line phone?

Go down 
+6
littlehouselover
LauraIngallsfan
Debbie
Rob
Krissy
Honeybee
10 posters

Do you have landline phone?
Yes
Do you have a land line phone? Vote_lcap67%Do you have a land line phone? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
No
Do you have a land line phone? Vote_lcap33%Do you have a land line phone? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
What is landline phone?
Do you have a land line phone? Vote_lcap0%Do you have a land line phone? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Bokmal10

Do you have a land line phone? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 4:25 am

Yes, we have land line phone. It works, when the power is off. My parents got it, when they were, first married or in the 80's. That's how long we have it. We're not giving it away.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 am

I know when the power goes off the display on the phone goes off.But you can still use it. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:37 am

I have a landline for everyday use. But I never go anywhere without my cell. Don't use it all that often, but it's a comfort to have.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:39 pm

We dont use often. Only when the power is off our cordless phone died on us.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Rob wrote:
I have a landline for everyday use. But I never go anywhere without my cell. Don't use it all that often, but it's a comfort to have.

Exactly the same here. Smile
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Do you have a land line phone? MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Yes, we have a land line phone... it's not going anywhere either. I use it a lot more than my cell phone.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Do you have a land line phone? Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:31 am

I have one but only my Mom and telemarketers and doctor's seem to use it. My sisters call my cell but when I'm home, I call them back on land line. (better reception) We only lost cell service once in storm last few years, but I like having a land line for that and for calls I don't want coming on my cell.
My age maybe but my cell in my mind is not my "hub" yet.
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:47 am

No - I got rid of mine some years ago now.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:18 am

Still have a landline, but now it doesn't work when the power goes out. The cable company "upgraded" about a year ago and they told me "oh this is way better, sounds better and more clear... But it won't work when the power goes out". But we have cell phones too.

My parents (in their 80's) cut theirs off. My dad had the home phone number (same number they have had since 1980) moved over to the cell phone. So I call call his cell number or my old number from growing up and it rings on the same phone. So for old people they are tech savvy!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 am

My family still has a cordless landline phone and a phone with a cord on the wall. The one on the wall is good to have because that is the only one that works when the power goes out.

I am like many of you in saying I never go anywhere without my cell phone though. I am just so used to having it with me, even if it's turned off. After my car broke down a couple of weeks ago when I was several miles from home, I would have been in trouble if I hadn't had my cell with me!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 2:35 am

We only have one because it's part of the cable/internet/phone bundle and our bill would skyrocket if we got rid of it.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 6:29 am

How does that work, Cheryl? I have a bundle, and after I got rid of my landline I only had to pay for cable and internet.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:07 am

The bundle gives us a discounted price because we have all three. If we drop the phone from the package, it costs more to have just the cable and internet services. Just silly.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:02 pm

I'll be darned. My bill dropped $45 after I got rid of my phone.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:39 pm

I'm hoping to get a cell phnone soon enough

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Do you have a land line phone? MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Do you have a land line phone? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 6:43 am

I only have a cell phone now, its been 2.5 years since I no longer had the land line.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Do you have a land line phone? Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 6:09 am

I have a real landline phone (not VIOP) Helped in storm and all dr appt's and people I don't want to have cell call that phone. I never bundled. When I dropped cable and got an indoor antenna in CT I saved 100. We get all the major channels, COSI, ION and about 10 more. Enough for me. We just got fiber optic internet for 50.00 and month and NO contract as of yet which is great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a land line phone?   Do you have a land line phone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have a land line phone?
Page 1 of 1