Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sesame Street Turns Forty!

Go down 
+4
Amy
bethandmanly
Savannah
Rhonda
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Happy010

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:01 am

carolineingalls wrote:
Rob wrote:
As someone on YouTube pointed out, Kermit's a lefty just like Hendrix. Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 M0874

And me!!!!

Wonder if that makes me able to play too. Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 773783

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 135245 I hope it helps you more than it does me. I'm a lefty, too, and I have absolutely no talent for the guitar.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:12 am

Savannah wrote:
Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 135245 Here's a Muppet Show "Mahna Mahna"-style skit with Sandra Bullock and Kermit:

Oh no!! Noo As some of you know, I'm a big X-Files fan, and you have no idea how often they say the word "Phenomenon". Guess what song is going to pop into my head now every time I hear that word! thud Thanks a lot Carol and Savannah. Whistle

greenS

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:51 am

So sorry, Amy. Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 2952

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 am

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Count_von_count-hp
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:58 am

Savannah wrote:
So sorry, Amy. Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 2952

Spoiler:

There it is...right back in my head again! Yikes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 pm

My favourite muppet was Grover. When I was 3 I had a book, "The Monster at the End of Tis Book" and I knew it by heart. I fooled lots of people thinking that I could read. For Christmas one year I got a Grover puppet and he went to bed with me every night. I couldn't sleep without him.
Once I started school I was "too old" to watch Sesame Street, or so I thought. On days off from school tho, I enjoyed watching it with my little brother.

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:57 pm

I love Grover and I have that book as well....My boys loved me reading it to them.
Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Grover

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Rhonda10Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 6472 That was one of Jeremiah's favorite books, too. Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 135245 He always used to ask me to read it "in Grover's voice". Ah, the memories.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Oh yes......By the time I was finished reading that book, I was hoarse........

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Sesame_kevinfoxx

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Rhonda10Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:52 am

Today is the BIG day!!! November 10, 1969, Sesame Street was born!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SESAME STREET!!!! Thank you for entertaining my boys' in such an educational way!!!
Sesame Street

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Sesame_street_ensemble-hp

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Rubber Ducky Videos Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 16_3_127v Several videos to view with Ernie and his Rubber Ducky.....Below is the most popular one.......

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Yay! balloons

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Cookie-monster_with_text

Now what starts with the letter "C"?
"Cookie" starts with "C"!
Let's think of other things that starts with "C"!
Uh. . .Uh. . . Who cares about da other things?!

(CHORUS)

"C" is for Cookie that's good enough for me,
"C" is for cookie that's good enough for me,
"C" is for cookie that's good enough for me,
Oh! cookie, cookie, cookie starts with "C"!

Hey, You know what? A round cookie with one bite out of it looks like a "C"
A round donut with one bite out of it also looks like a "C" but it is not as good as a cookie
Oh, and the moon sometimes looks like a "C" but you can't eat that
So...

(CHORUS)
Cookie Cookie Cookie Starts with "C"
Cookie Cookie Cookie Starts with "C"

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Sign0154 LOL

Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:31 pm

I LOVE COOKIE MONSTER!!! Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 773783 By the way, Youtube is celebrating Sesame Street with videos as soon as you go to their site.......

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Sesame Street Turns Forty!   Sesame Street Turns Forty! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:00 pm

The announcers on the radio this morning were saying how they didn't grow up on Sesame Street (that they were 'too old')...um, I was like 8 years old and still loving this show! I feel sorry for these people!!

Remember back in the day when Maria & Louis got married? I was in high school, I believe, and I remember the moms of the kids I babysat for planned this big 'wedding party' between their families to celebrate the big day! grinsmiley

Nothing like turning on the opening Sesame Street song and just feeling 'happy' inside, you know?

And how about this one? Gotta LOVE this song! I am reminded of it every time I hear someone sing badly in church. greenS I love this video...it's one from 'my day'! batEyes