Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The fish or the Food

Go down 
+4
Amy
Gin
Rhonda
Carol
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The fish or the Food Happy010

The fish or the Food Empty
PostSubject: The fish or the Food   The fish or the Food EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:39 pm

In the San Joaquin Valley... there is a debate going on because the government has shut down the water coming from the delta. As a result more than 500,000 acres of farm land will be dried out soon. This catastrophic fallowing of land does not include hundreds of thousands of acres that will be taken out of production as a result of the San Joaquin River Settlement. A lot of jobs have been lost due to this. They have shut if off because there is a fish that lives in the delta that is in danger of extinction.

But come on now....

I want to hear what you guys think about this.

The fish or the Food Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : The fish or the Food Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The fish or the Food   The fish or the Food EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Ummm, catch the little critter and put him in his own personal aquarium....I recall the same thing happening in Glamis, a desert in Southern California that a lot of campers with dunebuggies, motorcycles, and 4 wheelers go to play......There was a lizard that was in danger and they decided to start closing off portions of the desert.....strangeness..... The fish or the Food 279394

The fish or the Food Rhonda10The fish or the Food Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The fish or the Food Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The fish or the Food   The fish or the Food EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 pm

What the heck are the people in government thinking?! Ranting
I have seen how farmland that was once fertile now dried up because of this...

Here is a video that talks about it... absolutely insane...