Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter Olympics

Go down 
+9
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Gin
Teresa
Lori
LIWnut
Rob
Kristina
Amy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Happy010

Winter Olympics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 am

I was kind of in and out, but it was pretty good. It just gets a little long.

Winter Olympics - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Amy wrote:

I saw Apolo in an interview this evening, and I can't get over how articulate he is. My family and I were saying he could have a career as a commentator after this. Wink

I was wondering if that is what he alluding to when he said he'd be in Sochi with or without his skates.

Winter Olympics - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Well, I must say that Canada is very happy with their win yesterday in the hockey game. I don't like hockey but I watched the end and was rivited to the set. It was good. My family were heartbroken when USA tied it up and the naysayers were sayin that we were doomed. We banished them to their bedroom, lol.
I am very happy with our Canadian athletes. We have never won gold on home soil before and now we've broken the record with 14. The closing ceremonies were great. They poked fun at ourselves with our Mounties, hockey players and beavers. I loved it.
And now the games are over and I'm bored, nothing to watch or get excited about. It was great, I loved them! Way to go Canada. You made us proud.

Winter Olympics - Page 5 MarilynKeeper Winter Olympics - Page 5 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Teresa wrote:
And he's very easy on the eyes, as well. LOL!!

Me and my friend were madly in love with Apolo when we first saw him in 2002, lol. He is a very good looking guy. He is part Japanese and part white.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:40 pm

between olympic events on saturday, did anyone else see the special program about the town, Gander? (I think it's in Newfoundland, sorry if I'm wrong) Blue but, the program was about how many flights supposed to land in the United States on September 11, 2001 landed at the Gander Airport instead, and how the citizens of Gander opened their homes to the unexpected guests for several days. I saw most of the program, and it was really interesting.

of course, I did see plenty of olympic events too! mainly skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating though. I wish I'd seen more hockey! were olympic events televised on channels other than NBC?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 pm

I didn't see that segment Kristina---I wish I would have, it sounds interesting.

I know the olympics were televised on the "USA" channel here.....other than that I'm not sure.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:00 pm

canada did awesome
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Gander is in Noufoundland. When the American airspace was closed, many of the US bound flights landed there and the people of Newfoundland took in the passengers.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:57 am

Ryan Miller was just on the Today Show! They said that the Pittsburg team gave him a one minute standing ovation, and here they are rivals of his! Nice that he's getting respected in such a way. Who would have thought this player from Michigan State University would gain such recognition?! I didn't realize before that Ryan is one of 10 family members who have played hockey for the MSU Spartans! OhMy They've interviewed his dad here a few times---Ryan has a small clothing store on campus and his dad has been running it for him. He's gotten pretty teary-eyed in interviews....it must be a surreal feeling to have your kid earn a silver medal!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

I watched that on tv before the game. They booed poor Sidney Crosby. How sad and pathetic. I am proud of him. Those people are just sore losers.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:00 pm

LOL, we didn't boo him here in Canada!

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:27 pm

I'll bet! greenS

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:47 pm

ARE YOU READY???  yesss  Applause 

Winter Olympics - Page 5 1017393_589722371115700_1346655148_n

Winter Olympics - Page 5 1185057_589720057782598_754165906_n

Winter Olympics - Page 5 Rhonda10Winter Olympics - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:40 pm

You better believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winter Olympics - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 am

watched the opening ceremonies last night! Team USA looked very proud when they were coming into the Olympic stadium  happy1 
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:16 am

Go Canada! Kick some butt!!  Smile 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:20 pm

*Yay* Canada.
We won. 1 gold, 1silver and 1 bronze today

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Winter Olympics - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 pm

yesss 
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Lori wrote:
Amy wrote:

I saw Apolo in an interview this evening, and I can't get over how articulate he is.  My family and I were saying he could have a career as a commentator after this. Wink

I was wondering if that is what he alluding to when he said he'd be in Sochi with or without his skates.

A quote from Amy and Lori back in 2010....Guess where Apolo is?!?!?!  yes 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Sometimes I think the judges don't judge fair in some of the sports.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:10 am

Not sure, how many gold, silver, & bronze, for USA. I'll have to check out, if USA won anything.

Okay, so I check.

Medal standing

1st place: Norway

2nd place: Netherlands

3rd place: USA (Has two golds and two bronze.)

4th Canada

But, were still in the beginning of the Olympics. So, can change, in the future. Just have wait and see.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Lori wrote:
Amy wrote:

I saw Apolo in an interview this evening, and I can't get over how articulate he is.  My family and I were saying he could have a career as a commentator after this. Wink

A quote from Amy and Lori back in 2010....Guess where Apolo is?!?!?!  yes 

That's pretty cool, Rhonda! Thumbsup   Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are excellent announcers too---I really enjoy them.  Both are articulate and what they comment on is actually relevant, as opposed to just 'filling space', which drives me nuts.  I've seen a couple of things commented on by Elvis Stoiko and he doesn't seem to have a knack for this---his nerves get the better of him.  Which is how I would be! grinsmiley

What is everyone watching the most? I am basically all about the skating, but I do enjoy the trick skiing and if I had time I'd watch the speed skating too.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Winter Olympics - Page 5 BgI021xCIAEpN3W

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:18 am

Amy wrote:

What is everyone watching the most?  I am basically all about the skating, but I do enjoy the trick skiing and if I had time I'd watch the speed skating too.

I've been watching a little bit of everything. Snowboarding, skiing, speed skating. Tonight I'll be watching the Men's Snowboarding Halfpipe competition. I hope that Shaun White wins that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Olympics
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next