Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merlin Olsen Passes Away

Go down 
+18
david
pat1964
highwayangel
ChristinaAL
Rob
poo_cat
jes9
HarrisonCrosby4387
carolineingalls
Teresa
Kristina
bethandmanly
Gin
Misti
Carol
Amy
Samantha
Lori
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Happy010

Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:36 pm

it' sad he's gone

Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 3:03 am

Wow! I had no idea he did voice overs for X Files!

Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 HummerMerlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 MistiKeeperMerlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Bookclub5Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:31 am

Misti wrote:
Wow! I had no idea he did voice overs for X Files!

Wait, what????? OhMy

*Edit*

Ok, I did some researching....I guess he did some commercial voice-overs---I'd love to know how many he did, because he wasn't the 'main guy' for the ads. Maybe just for the later seasons, not sure. scratchead

Here's one....I'm quite certain this is Merlin Oleson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3ZtoIKUcM

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:11 am

Not that his religious views are/were important to anyone but himself, but I was told by a co-worker that he lived here in Salt Lake and was a member of the LDS (Mormon) Church. I didn't know that.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 am

I didn't know that. However, I'm sad to know he is dead. I remarked that four actos from LHOTP had died of cancer: Michael Landon, Victor French, Kevin Hagen and now Merlin Olsen...So sad. What a vicious illness!!!! banghead Ranting mad . And Katherine MacGregor laso suffered of cancer. What a chance she survived it!

Vanesa.

Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:28 am

Vanesa wrote:
And Katherine MacGregor laso suffered of cancer. What a chance she survived it!

Vanesa.

I thought this was just a rumor. I believe this was given as the reason she didn't appear in the last few episodes of LHOP, but I'm pretty sure Alison Arngrim refuted it. Can anyone else tell me if I've lost my mind about this? Charlotte Stewart, however, is a breast cancer survivor.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:34 pm

I think I remember reading that Katherine MacGregor was traveling out of the country (in India?) while the post-series movies were being filmed.

Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 am

I think that Alison Arngrim didn't deny the "cancer story" about her fictional mother. But I know Katherine went to India where she claims to have been healed . She was so shocked that she changed her religion for Eastern religious practices. Maybe I'm wrong and she had not cancer, but she went to India and changed her religious views for sure.

Vanesa. Smile

Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Olsen Passes Away   Merlin Olsen Passes Away - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Merlin Olsen Passes Away
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2