Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yes! I found it!!

Go down 
+4
Rob
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Savannah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Yes! I found it!! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Yes! I found it!! Happy010

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:55 pm

I have been looking and looking for a cross-stitched picture that I made about eight years ago. I usually put it up in the springtime, and I wanted to hang it above my piano this spring. But I couldn't remember where I'd stored it. Yes! I found it!! 688644 I rotate pictures a lot, but I only have two places that I usually store pictures in. . . .and it wasn't in either place. Then I remembered that the last time I'd had it hanging, it had been above my piano then, too. Then it clicked, and I remembered where I had stored it. I'm SO thrilled! The reason that I love it so much (and the reason that I stitched it in the first place) is because it looks SO much like my Rachel when she was about three. I stitched it when she was four, so she still looked a lot like that little girl, in her build and in the way that she stood. Yes! I found it!! 6472 The picture is in my avatar right now, but I'll post it here, too:

Yes! I found it!! Thedai10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Yes! I found it!! Bokmal10

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Oh, how lovely. I used to cross-stitch a lot before the girls came along. Not so much now. Is there no end to your talents, Savannah?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Yes! I found it!! Purple2

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:03 pm

How pretty Savannah.......I can see why you are thrilled that you found it! Yes! I found it!! 928330

Yes! I found it!! Rhonda10Yes! I found it!! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Yes! I found it!! Goodsi10

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Holy cow, that's beautiful! Yes! I found it!! 184143
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Yes! I found it!! Love-s10

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 pm

That's wonderful Savannah! I am so happy for you! I love to cross stitch, but I need to find my 'groove' again. I bought this "Gold Collection" cross stitch during our camping trip last summer, and haven't picked it back up since the fall. Right now I'm only as far as her 'shawl', which you can imagine is pretty monotonous. It's SO pretty, it's just going to take a very long time to complete:

Yes! I found it!! Il_430xN.101357874

I absolutely LOVE your 'Little Rachel' cross stitch! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Thank you, everybody! Yes! I found it!! 712381 I already have it hanging up. grinsmiley So between that and all of the spring cleaning I've been doing, spring must be on the way. I don't mind at all. I've enjoyed my snow, and now it's time for spring to come and enchant us with its beauty.

Amy, WOW! That lighthouse picture that I cross-stitched a few years ago was from the Gold collection, too, so I know exactly how much work is involved in that kind of a project. Is that completely counted cross stitch? (As in: Are you going to be stitching every single one of those flowers?? Yes! I found it!! 184143 ) It's absolutely gorgeous, Amy! Be sure to show us pictures when you finish it!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Yep, every single stitch is cross-stitched. Since you've done the Gold Collection, you know there are some challenging stitches in there too. Yikes. It's pretty overwhelming when you look at the pattern in full too---I didn't realize when I bought it that it will be an 11 x 14 size too! thud I don't even know where this is going yet----I just knew I liked the picture! Yikes

Do you use the magnetic board and magnifiying 'wand' when you cross stitch? I find that helps a TON. You know, it's really not the stitching that's difficult, it's making sure you don't lose your SPOT when you go between the stitchery and the pattern!

Savannah wrote:
Be sure to show us pictures when you finish it!

Gee, I wonder if this board will still be around 20 years from now? HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 pm

The lighthouse picture that I did took over five years for me to do. I took one year off while Caleb was a baby, because he was so weak, he needed a lot of special care. (And I wouldn't trade those moments for anything in the world! Yes! I found it!! 25973 ) So I know what you're saying!

Ha . . .you mentioned losing your spot . . . That's exactly what was so challenging for me. I'd never needed any kind of "trick" or help in keeping my spot when I'd stitch. My eyes would just automatically go right back to where I'd been stitching. But with those thousands of symbols - and so many of them looking SO much alike, I was finding it to be quite a challenge. I made it about a quarter of the way through the pattern before I finally caved and started lightly penciling off what I'd stitched each night. Sure made things easier after that! Yes! I found it!! 440956
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm

How pretty Savannah! Thumbsup It reminds me of spring Smile

Yes! I found it!! ChristinaKeeper2 Yes! I found it!! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 pm

That's really beautiful, Savannah. I don't know where you find the time and energy for everything you do.

Amy, I tried counted cross-stitch and never finished it. I even had one of those magnetic boards and the lighted magnifier and still never got it done. Those symbols were so tiny and close together Yes! I found it!! 135245 . I gave it to my sister-in-law to finish and told her she could keep it.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 am

Beautiful picture, Savannah. Yours will be gorgeous too, Amy.

Yes! I found it!! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:28 am

Savannah wrote:
I made it about a quarter of the way through the pattern before I finally caved and started lightly penciling off what I'd stitched each night. Sure made things easier after that! Yes! I found it!! 440956

That's a good idea---I've never thought of that! I'm thinking maybe taking the time to go through and color code with colored pencil throughout would be a good idea too, and would be easier to find the spot too. And I have to say, it concerns me that it took you 5 years to do your gold collection piece. That cinches it for me that it's going to take me double that time! Whistle Wink

Alice wrote:
That's really beautiful, Savannah. I don't know where you find the time and energy for everything you do.

Amy, I tried counted cross-stitch and never finished it. I even had one of those magnetic boards and the lighted magnifier and still never got it done. Those symbols were so tiny and close together Yes! I found it!! 135245 . I gave it to my sister-in-law to finish and told her she could keep it.

I don't know where Savannah finds the time for all of her crafts either! Talk about talent! Thumbsup

Actually Alice, my mom was always a major cross-stitcher (and seamstress)....she did all 7 grandkids' stockings, and numerous other projects. But she has a denegenerative eye disease and it's been very sad that she's had to give this up. It IS stressful on the eyes, that's for sure. One thing I would like to buy is one of those floor lamps that mimics daylight---they say that's much better for you.

Lori wrote:
Beautiful picture, Savannah. Yours will be gorgeous too, Amy.

Thanks Lori. I think Savannah has inspired me to pick mine back up! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Amy wrote:
Actually Alice, my mom was always a major cross-stitcher (and seamstress)....she did all 7 grandkids' stockings, and numerous other projects.

Amy, that sounds like my mother-in-law. She's made her kids and grandkids things like that.

Amy wrote:
But she has a denegerative eye disease and it's been very sad that she's had to give this up.
How awful to have to give up doing something she enjoyed so much.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yes! I found it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes! I found it!!   Yes! I found it!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Yes! I found it!!
Page 1 of 1