Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Cloud910

My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Empty
PostSubject: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:17 pm

I made this video highlighting WWII. I dedicated this video to my Grandfather who fought in WWII and fought for our freedom. I put many photos of my Grandfather in there, and one of my Mother's uncle. If you would like me to tell you where they are, just let me know. When I found the photo at 4:26, it almost made me cry. You can almost feel her emotion.....so sad. I hope her husband/boyfriend/family member came back home..... 500-1,000 WWII Veterans are dying A DAY! Please, take time to thank them for serving our country and for our freedom that is seeming to sadly slip away. So, thank you Granddaddy....I love and miss you! I wish you could see this video.....Julia

Song 1) The Spirit Is Willing
Song 2) Long Ago And Far Away
Song 3) Jeep Jockey Jump

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:43 pm

This is magnificent, Julia. My father fought in WWII, and he would have been so happy to know that there are fine young people like you to honor his memory. Thank you. My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 6472
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:03 am

You captured some great images, Julia. I love that you included the picture of your grandparents. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:14 am

Wow, that's a wonderful tribute, Julia! My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 39447 Beautifully done!
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Rob wrote:
This is magnificent, Julia. My father fought in WWII, and he would have been so happy to know that there are fine young people like you to honor his memory. Thank you. My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 6472

Thank you very much Rob. It is a shame that most people my age just don't care about older people anymore....as some might put it, "They ain't hip with today!"......well, just because they aren't looking emo, gothic, or whatever today's "styles" are, doesn't mean they don't have anything to offer!!!!! They have SO much to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LEARNED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What branch of service was your father in?
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:45 pm

pamh36 wrote:
You captured some great images, Julia. I love that you included the picture of your grandparents. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

You are welcome! I had to go to some long searches finding some pictures....but I am so happy with the result! You are welcome! :)
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Savannah wrote:
Wow, that's a wonderful tribute, Julia! My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 39447 Beautifully done!

Oh thank you very much! Everyone says it is my best video.....I have to agree.....it is because it honors those who have fought and are fighting for our FREEDOM!!!!!!! Applause
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:36 pm

MissYoungClassic wrote:

He was in the Army, Julia. He served in tank divisions in Italy and North Africa.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Rob wrote:
MissYoungClassic wrote:

He was in the Army, Julia. He served in tank divisions in Italy and North Africa.

My Grandfather was in the 34th infantry division. He was in those two places also! And he was in the Army!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh wow! That would be something if they knew each other!
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Rob wrote:

It sure would! What was your father's name?
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Rob wrote:

Also, do you know what infantry division he was in?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:20 pm

I just checked his papers. He was in the 752nd tank battalion.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Rob wrote:
I just checked his papers. He was in the 752nd tank battalion.

OH WOW!!!!!!! That is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Oh, I missed your earlier question. His name was Robert M. Hanson. Though everyone called him Bob. Which is why I'm Rob... to avoid confusion. My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 771460
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Rob wrote:
Oh, I missed your earlier question. His name was Robert M. Hanson. Though everyone called him Bob. Which is why I'm Rob... to avoid confusion. My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 771460

My Grandfather was a JR. I was named after my Grandmother, my first and middle name are hers! What an honor....
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:30 pm

It is! And you have a cool avatar. My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 185146
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:33 am

Wow, Julia, I don't know what there is to add to what the others said! That was just a stunning tribute, and your grandfather would be SO very proud of you! yes I love that you are so passionate about this era, at your age. It really goes to show that your family instilled in you the important things in life, and a true appreciation for the past. Great job! Thumbsup

I couldn't help but think of the movie "Swing Shift" while watching the first segment of this video. Have you seen it? It stars Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, and I really loved it. If you haven't seen it----rent it!!! (I am pretty sure that they met on this film too, which is pretty neat! loveheart )

My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Swing_shift
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Rob wrote:
It is! And you have a cool avatar. My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II 185146

Oh thank you very much! I was trying to be silly! laugh3
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Amy wrote:
Wow, Julia, I don't know what there is to add to what the others said! That was just a stunning tribute, and your grandfather would be SO very proud of you! yes I love that you are so passionate about this era, at your age. It really goes to show that your family instilled in you the important things in life, and a true appreciation for the past. Great job! Thumbsup

I couldn't help but think of the movie "Swing Shift" while watching the first segment of this video. Have you seen it? It stars Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, and I really loved it. If you haven't seen it----rent it!!! (I am pretty sure that they met on this film too, which is pretty neat! loveheart )

My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Swing_shift

Thank you so very much! I am sorry I have been so slow in responding, but so much is happening. I also have a new pet gerbil, so I have been trying to care for him.

Now I don't think I have ever seen or heard of that movie. I am not too hip on modern movies. Most of them aren't worth getting hip on either with today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II   My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II Empty

Back to top Go down

My Memorial Day Presentation~~~World War II
Page 1 of 1